The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Another cold day. Looks like they did some more filling in across the street. I'll have to take a photo soon and post it so you guys can see what it is like.

Will probably go to Yoga tonight. Seems to be quite beneficial. At least on the flexibility part. I'm certain it is also helping on the strength part. Another two weeks and I start the new program. I'm quite excited and nervous all at the same time. It is quite a bump up from what I did last year, but that's what I need to do if I'm going to try to place in my AG. And of course, that is not an easy thing in any AG, but being in the 35-39 AG doesn't make it any easier.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 29.56 miles
  • 14.78 Mi/hr

Ride easily (1 heart rate zone) on a mostly flat course. Keep the effort very low--light on pedals.

Oh dear lord.  I swear to God that whoever designs trainers/stationary bikes must take a course in physics, specifically as it relates to the time/space continuum.  Two hours on one of those things fells like a lifetime.  I would bike for a while and purposefully NOT look at my watch and think I would have ridden for at least 20 minutes, look down and it was only 5.  Horrendous!  Didn't help I didn't get any good podcasts to listen to so I just listened to 2 hours of Queen.

On a good note, they are starting to put water in the depression across the street.  That means that as long as the temperature stays good, we could be skating by the end of the week, if not sooner.  That will make Beth one happy camper.

Well, that is the first FULL week of workout out I've done in quite a few months.  Other than the miserable drainer rides, I'm having fun.  I hope this season is a good one.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 6.41 miles
  • 10m 55s /Mi

Run NON-STOP very easily on a soft but firm surface (heart rate in zone 1 only). Pretty form and quick cadence.

Slow easy run today at the track.  Hate running at the track but oh well, it works. 

Daaaaang it is cold today.  Bitter cold.  It was 2 when I woke up.  Only made it up to 8 for a high.  It will be that way for a while, from what they are saying.  Maybe it will stay cold enough for them to start doing the ice rink across the street.  That would make for some nice workouts.  outside on the ice.   

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 30m 28s
  • 1097.28 meters
  • 02m 47s /100 meters

WU: 100 swim, 100 kick, 100 swim.
Swim the following resting for 30 seconds after each one--300, 200, 150, 100, 50, 50, 50. This is 900 yards/meters.

Mercy the pool was busy today.  Actually had to wait for a lane to open up.  And this was at lunch time!!  oh well, there are worse things.  On a good note, best nights sleep I've had in a week.  Still tender, but much better.  Thankfully.  Long run and ride this weekend so we will see how that impacts me next week.  But I think that I might officially be on the mend.

Good thing to look forward to next week, I'm taking next Friday off and hopefully getting a massage!!  I can't wait.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.65 miles
  • 16.87 Mi/hr

Ride at an easy to moderate effort on the road, on a stationary bike or on an indoor trainer. Pedal with a slightly higher cadence than you are used to.

Well, I got garbage sleep last night.  Just could not asleep.  Tossed and turned for at least an hour and then every time I rolled over onto my ribs, it woke me up.  *sigh*  Both injuries are getting better though.

Ugh, I H A T E the drainer at the gym.  So boring.  I've got a 2 hour ride on the damn thing on Sunday.  NOT looking forward to that.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 30m 28s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Keep easy to moderately hard (heart rate in zones 1-3) on a rolling course. Nice form. Allow heart rate to gradually rise to zone 3 as effort rises on hills, but don't force it up.

Ran at lunch time.  Nice and easy, keeping it in high zone 1 - low zone 2.  When doing this Base-Build stuff, I have to constantly remind myself to "keep it low and slow".  I think that might have been on thing I did wrong last year and I would like to correct this year.  It isn't so much about doing PR's on workouts but getting out of the workout what I am supposed to get out of it.  So it is more about the time than the distance.  And I have to constantly remind myself of that.  Otherwise, I kick up the pace and before I know it I'm trying to do things at race pace.  NOT GOOD.

Anyway, Beth was on TV today.  So cool.  On WGN.  I'm married to a celebrity!!!!  HA.  Anyway, she did such a good job.  I'm really proud of her.  She will be totally critical of it, but she really did such a good job.  I bet she will be exhausted today, though.  She had to be at work at 6!  meaning she had to leave home at around 5.  Making me a bit tired too since I got up with the alarm.  But it was worth it.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 27m 11s
  • 914.40 meters
  • 02m 58s /100 meters

WU = 100 swim, 100 kick, 100 swim
Swim the following resting for 30 seconds after each one--200, 150, 100, 50, 50, 50

CD=100 slow swim

Swim was good tonight. But the ribs are still a little sore. They really got sore AFTER the swim, but it is getting better as I sit here watching the Democratic Debate. Some interesting things that they are talking about. I don't agree with EVERYTHING they say, but still, some interesting things.

Ok, so I saw the new name sponsor for the Fire. Best Buy. And BOY is that jersey U G L Y. Man, it's ugly. There is a photo of Blanco wearing it and the look on his face says it all. Something along the lines of "Yep, this is the best they could do boys". But at least it is a brick and mortar company. Better than the snake oil company on that LA team that will go nameless. ;)

Adding this on Wednesday: Forgot to add something about the swim.  Of course, since I'm doing these nice and slow, I'm really focusing on form and breathing.  Keeping the body long, stretching the arm for the stroke, stroking all the way through and not getting sloppy under the body, etc.  So last night, after the main workout (kept the pace at around 1:55/100) I did a 100 cool down.  Though to myself, ok, just keep it nice and slow and easy.  Every stroke to be perfect, no matter how slow.  Kick slow and steady.  Bi-lateral breathing.  Good flip turns.  All of it.  Well, I was absolutely amazed when I did that 100 in exactly 2:00.  2:00!!!!!!!  And I wasn't breathing hard, really didn't TRY that hard.  It was awesome.  It really lends itself to my race mantra of "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast".  All I need to do now is increase the power of the stroke and my turnover and things should really start to click into place.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 4 Hours slept: 8

crowny2's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals