• 1h 30m
  • 22.65 miles
  • 15.10 Mi/hr

Easy zone 1 ride on drainer at gym. Immediately followed by run

Run
  • 10m
  • 1.12 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

10 minute easy run with quick strides (21 strikes on left for in 15 seconds) ever 2 minutes.

Well, Beth is out of town so I'm a bachelor for the next two nights.  Get to fix my own meals.  Fortunately, she got some stuff already ready for me so it will be easy to make. 

Decent workout this morning.  Easy ride and run.  

Probably going to take tomorrow off instead of going to yoga.  Will decide tomorrow based on how I feel. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.08 miles
  • 16.16 Mi/hr

30 minutes easy followed by a run.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.75 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

Easy zone 1-2 run for 1 hour

Well ain't that a fine how do you do.  Was riding the drainer at the gym and looked down and realized that the fabric on the TYR tri shorts was starting to come apart!  After the ride and the run, I took them off in the locker room and realized that the same was happening on the butt!  WTF!?!?!  I've had them for all of about 2 months.  Might see if Keifer will take them back.  We shall see. 

Hopefully my bike is ready today.  It's been at the LBS for the last two weeks for a full tune up and overhall. Figured it would make sense after the accident a few weeks ago.  

And last but not least, I'll be a bachelor for a few days.  Beth is going to Santa Fe on Sunday and will be back Tuesday.  Work related.  Oh well.  And this is my last week before my new program starts up.  Getting excited. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 20m 33s
  • 731.52 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

Ugh. What a horrible workout. Was supposed to be an 800. So I started out doing a 100 swim, 100 kick, 100 swim to warm up. Started into the slow 800 and at around the 300 mark I hit a wall. No rhythm. Horrid form. Out of breath. So I stopped at the 400 mark thinking I could recover and would wait a minute and do another 400. Did a 100 and could barely finish it. I think it was the sever lack of sleep. So I quit because I know trying to continue would be worthless. So incredibly frustrating. At least the massage I got afterwards was nice.

Slept for crap last night. I think it was the tea I had before I went to bed. Note to self. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN.

Well, the good thing is that I have the day off today. AND I get a massage at 11. Yippee! Easy swim this morning before the massage.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 20m
  • 4.77 miles
  • -----

very easy 20 minute recovery ride.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.03 miles
  • 09m 54s /Mi

Easy 30 minute run. 4 minutes run, 1 minutes walk.

Not too bad of a day, nor too bad of a workout.  Rubbed a heck of a lot of skin off of my right foot during my run.  That's ok.  Need to really build up my callouses again.  Had some great ones last year.  But they went away during my time off.  Painful building process, but that's ok.  Getting started a lot earlier this year.

So every day I work out, I try to keep in mind that I am still way ahead of where I was this time last year.  That's hard to remember.  Many times, I think, ugh, I could be doing so much better.  I was doing better than this just a few months ago.  But then I remember that I am at the beginning of my season and that was at the end.  So I try to keep that in mind.  Keep it all relative.  I'm waaaaay ahead of where I was this time last year.  I don't even think I could run an hour non stop till well into the season last year. I've already done it one, and I think I have another one this weekend.  All part of a good base build.  And hopefully will help in putting some better times up this year. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 1h 00m

Well, didn't get to go swimming because I had to shovel.  At least I was using my arms. 

To continue with the rest of today "meh".

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Another cold day. Looks like they did some more filling in across the street. I'll have to take a photo soon and post it so you guys can see what it is like.

Will probably go to Yoga tonight. Seems to be quite beneficial. At least on the flexibility part. I'm certain it is also helping on the strength part. Another two weeks and I start the new program. I'm quite excited and nervous all at the same time. It is quite a bump up from what I did last year, but that's what I need to do if I'm going to try to place in my AG. And of course, that is not an easy thing in any AG, but being in the 35-39 AG doesn't make it any easier.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8

crowny2's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals