Silver Spring,MD 

Decided not to go to yoga.  Too sore.  Just taking it easy.  Fortunately, my ribs are already much better, but the tail bone is a killer.

The rain coming down here now is so weird.  It is like March or April, not January.  Very freaky.  Supposedly some tornado's were spotted around town too.  Huh.  

Looking forward to the NH primary tomorrow.  Just to see what's happening on the next step in this election year. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 1h 16m 28s
  • 19.44 miles
  • 15.25 Mi/hr

Out to plank trail and back

Well.  It happened.  I officially wrecked.  Not because I couldn't unclip, but because of ice.  Fortunately I was only going about 17mph at the time.   Basically crested a hill and saw a mound of dirt, so I moved to the left and it wasn't until I got past it that I saw the HUGE sheet of ice.  No avoiding it.  And down I went.  I think the bike is ok, but I'm going to take it to the LBS to make certain.  I'm ok.  Landed on my ribs first and they are a bit tender and my tail bone is a bit tender too.  Not certain if the tail bone is from the ride or the wreck.  Of course it had to happen about 10 miles from home.  But I'm ok, and that's what's important. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 40m 01s
  • 4.14 miles
  • 09m 40s /Mi

Ran around the neighborhood on the other side of the tracks. Nice and hilly and kept it in Zone 1 and 2 the whole time.
As Spokes normally says, Amon Amarth riding shotgun.

Nice to actually get outside for a run today.  Not too terribly cold, although it is quite overcast.  Fortunately, no rain on the run, but it was quite windy on the way out. 

I'm getting my antlers today!  William is bringing over the meat and the antlers. I'm so excited!  

Downloaded Amon Amarth last night.  Great death metal.  Lyrics and vocals are laughable.  Musically, though, they are really quite good.  I enjoyed them and listening to the lyrics made the miles go by.  I'll have to check out Children of Bodum as well.  He said they were quite good.

It is supposed to be warm tomorrow.  Hopefully will get to do an outside ride.  If it doesn't rain, Beth will go with.  That will be nice.  I miss her riding with me.  Maybe that will be a good start to the year for her.  

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 25m 26s
  • 731.52 meters
  • 03m 29s /100 meters

150, 100, 75, 75, 50, 50 with 30 seconds in between.
Then 4x50 kicks
100 cd

I am so glad today is over.  I'll blog more tomorrow.

Bike
  • 22m
  • 5.75 miles
  • 15.68 Mi/hr

20 minute easy ride

Interesting.  Obama wins Iowa.  Could there be a wind of change in the air?  Interesting days ahead of us. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 20m 01s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Run for 4 minutes, walk for one minute.

Can't believe Liverpool tied Wigan!  1-1!  How do they let them score!  Not good, not at all.

Officially killed my subscription to Training Peaks.  I'm 100% BT now.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9
Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 2h 00m

well, didn't get to run, but did do two hours of shoveling.  Not too bad.  Also registered for the Shuffle.  Getting excited about the races this year.  Can you tell? 

Now I'm just watching the Rose Bowl game and enjoying the lovely fire burning in the fireplace.  Got to love it.  

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6

crowny2's Training Log

January 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance