The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
Went home at 3.  Crawled into bed.  Fever was ugly.  Woke up once to eat and then went back to sleep.  I hate getting sick.

• Health data: Sick: 5
Swim
  • 15m
  • 640.08 meters
  • 02m 20s /100 meters

15 minutes with first 400m at RPE 7, settle into RPE 3-4 afterwards.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 22.50 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

1.5 hours at RPE 3.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.03 miles
  • -----

20 minute recovery run at RPE 2.

Well, I'm not entirely certain what happened in the swim today.  First 200 I was sitting at 4:35 but when I finished the next 200, the time on the watch showed 7:55!  There is no way I slowed down.  If anything, I felt that I sped up.  So now I'm wondering if I lost count and did and extra 50 without knowing it.  Beth and I had to share a lane and at one point, we were side by side.  It did distract me.  It wasn't her fault.  It was mine.  And I had a few REALLY bad flip turns.  Bad in that I breached too early. 

The ride was fine today.  Nothing spectacular.  Listened to U2 Live at Red Rock and INXS Listen Like Thieves.   Downloaded both of them yesterday.  Hadn't heard them in years.  Kind of fun. Almost started singing.  Made me feel young.

Finally, the run.  Worrying.  Left hammy started to hurt a little bit.  Right about the 1/2 mile to mile mark.  Lengthened the stride just a hair and it seemed to loosen up a bit.   Finished up with a good stretch but even now, as I sit here watching TV it is tight.  Put the compression tights on and did some more stretching to see if I could loosen it up some more.  Maybe put some tiger balm on later tonight. 

Now onto non tri related topic.  MAN it is cold outside.  -1 when I woke up and the high today is supposed to only get up to about 3 or 4!!  Fortunately, it will warm up to about 20+ tomorrow.  Phew!  But more snow!  All week.  I'm actually regretting liking the darn stuff.  Tired of shoveling.  

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

I'm really tired this morning.  So glad that I have the day off.  Sure, we have a lot of errands to run today, but that is nothing.  I still can't believe how much I've worked out this week.  And I still have tomorrow to go.  Will ad up to 2 hours to my longest week of working out ever.  And I think there is another week that is even longer!  Ooff.

Well, got to get my workout in early tomorrow because I need to get back home by 10 so I can watch the Liverpool v. Chelsea match. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 59m 36s
  • 2103.12 meters
  • 02m 50s /100 meters

Long day
wu: 200swim, 200kick, 200swim
main: 2 x 750, RPE 3 , even pace on both
cd: 4 x 50, each slower than last

Another long workout today. 

I'm wondering if the lack of sun is manifesting itself in some crabby people on the boards.  Seriously.  Some people are getting either mega crabby, or some new members have an incredibly high opinion of themselves.  Hopefully things will calm down soon, but man, not cool, the way some are acting.  Seriously, one or two are acting like they are teen agers.  Sometimes I'm not surprised that Scout left.  Still miss him. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 28m 49s
  • 1097.28 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

Recovery
3 x 400 even split for each at RPE 2-3

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.78 miles
  • -----

60 minute 3:1 long run. That's 45 minutes at RPE 2-3, 15 minutes finish at RPE 5.

What a day today. Not bad, not good, just a day.

And then to the workout. Swim, mega easy. Felt good. Just took it easy since that is what I was supposed to do. Then came the run. Hmmm... well I was supposed to do the first 45 nice and easy, and I did, but the knees started to not like me about 20-30 minutes in. So then, I was to pick it up a bit in the last 15. Well, it was harder than I thought. Not to keep the pace but to actually get my HR up. Which was weird. So I picked up the pace a little more. Wound up doing the last 5-8 minutes running at about 8:30 pace which was a minute faster than the pace I thought would get my HR up to zone 2. I think I really need to do another LTHR. I haven't done one since, hmmmm.... I don't know when.

And so now it is down to four. Mitt dropped out. Only two in each party left. Only time will tell.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Day off today!!!!!  I told Beth I'm not even going to Yoga tonight.  I just want to rest.  Relax.  I'm friggen exhausted.

Went out with her and her friend last night to celebrate Fat Tuesday.  I'm such a whimp.  I was falling asleep at 8:30!!!!!!!!!  So we came home and I was out cold by 9:45.  Oh well.  Then woke up early this morning to go to Ash Wednesday Mass.  At least I will get to sleep in a bit more over the next few days.  Thankfully!

And, as I expected, there was no significant decision in the race yesterday.  Obama won more states.  Clinton won more delegates.  I know they are both frothing at the mouth to get the Richards and Edwards backing.  I would be too.  I have a feeling they are going to hold out just a bit longer, though, till they officially announce who they will be backing.  I really am turning into a political geek. 

On another note, I forgot that I had finally seen the preview for the Iron Man movie on Sunday.  I know Beth won't see it.  I'm really not that excited about it because of Robert Downy Jr. being the lead.  I just can't see him as the lead for that.  But who knows.  Maybe he will surprise me. HA!  Who am I kidding!?!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.45 miles
  • 15.27 Mi/hr

45minutes at RPE 4 followed by run.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.12 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

30 minute recovery run at RPE 2-3

Did not get to stretch afterwards and I think I'm going to regret it.  Beth was waiting, since she came with this morning, so I had to put a move on so she could make her train. 

The run was interesting.  I was actually able to keep a higher pace (around 9:00-9:30) for quite a while and still keep the HR below 170.  Most of the time it hovered around 167.  So very low zone 2.  I think I need to recalculate my LTHR soon.  I haven't done it in a while.  I actually think there might be one somewhere in this training.  I'll have to check. 

Well it is Super Fat Tuesday.  Everyone can vote and eat to their hearts content.  Going to be a VERY interesting primary.  For the first time, I think ever, I will be pulling for a Democrat.  Obama.  Can't stand Hillary.  Personal choice I guess.  And I don't like any of the others on the Republican side except Ron Paul.  Yeah.  I know.  Can't get any more different than him and Obama.  But it is about matching those that most closely represent what you believe in.  For some, there is a candidate that matches 100%.  For me, there has never been one.  And that is probably a good thing.  This is what makes me an Independent.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4

crowny2's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
Time
  • March's totals