Silver Spring,MD 
Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.14 miles
  • 14.85 Mi/hr

45 minutes with first 30 minutes at RPE4, last 15 minutes at RPE 6.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.09 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

30 minutes after bike. First 10 minutes at RPE 3, last 20 minutes at RPE 5.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1097.28 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

12 x 100 (alternate each 100 with normal breathing and bilateral) RPE 3. The key here is to keep these easy but focus on stroke and bilateral breathing.

Woof.  First full workout since a week ago Sunday.  And I had to do all three today.  Two this morning and one at lunch time.  Mercy.  But they are done and that's all that matters.  My arms are killing me.  3700 yds in two days.  I know, though, it will pay off in the end.

Cold as all get out, again.  I CANNOT WAIT FOR WARMTH!

So Castro resigned.  I wonder how Carlos and Osiris are doing and what they think about it.  I know just how much they couldn't stand him.  Maybe one day they will get to go "home" again.  Only time will tell. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 2286.00 meters
  • 02m 51s /100 meters

Long mental toughness day!
6 x 500, odds are RPE3, evens RPE 5
Only did 5 of them.

Well, hopefully tonight will get me back into the swing of things.  Only got 5 of the 6 500's in, but much better than last week.  Will be doing the big workout tomorrow morning and the short swim at lunch time.  BUT, the good thing is, I did it.  I actually got it done.  So that is definitely a step in the right direction.  Still doing the occasional cough, but what you gonna do. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9
Well, I didn't get to the gym this morning, and by the time we got home the gym was closed.  Hopefully will make up for it this week.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 4.75 miles
  • 12m 38s /Mi

75 minutes tempo
wu: 15 minutes RPE 3
main: 3 x (12t, 3r) 12t at RPE 6, 3r at RPE 2*
cd: 15 minutes at RPE 3

Only did 2 of the 3 tempo runs and idn't do the bike ride.  Still recovering.  Breathing has been quite difficult running, still.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8

Skipping today's workout too.  It is a swim and after the run last night, I just don't know if I can do it.  Especially with my throat still being raw, nose plugged up and chest still congested.  Fortunately, I still have 10+ weeks left till the race so plenty of time to make it up.

Beth and I leave at 5 today for NYC.  Should be fun.  I'm looking forward to it.  Well, ok, I'm looking forward to Carmen at the Opera and Dean and Deluca.  And some good food.  The town itself? Eh.  Not so much.  Just don't like NYC.  Personal preference, I guess.  To me it is so dirty.  I feel dirty the minute we land. 

Have a happy V-Day everyone.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 30m 01s
  • 2.47 miles
  • 12m 09s /Mi

Did NOT do what I was supposed to which was a 45 minute run with strides. Main run at RPE 3-4. Instead I did a 30 minute, 9 minute run and 1 minute walk.

Man that run was something I don't know if I want to do ever again.  It felt, like every breath was setting my throat on fire.  My HR never got above 150 but it felt like I was having a hard time catching my breath.  Fortunately my nose wasn't running as much as I was. 

I'm still coughing but no where near as much.  But when I cough now, it hurts like a mutha.  My abs and ribs are incredibly tender from coughing so much yesterday.  I've already decided to take tomorrow off from the swim and try to get some good workouts this weekend, even though we will be in NYC.  Fortunately, the hotel has bikes and dreadmills.  So I should be good to go.  

I just hope ALL the coughing is gone by tomorrow so I don't freak anyone out on the airplane and so it doesn't ruin our trip.  Going to NYC to watch Carmen at the Opera as well as just having fun around town.  Still not my favorite town, but it is Beth's so it is for her.  One really cool thing is we are going to go to the Original Dean and Deluca store.  Man it is going to be hard to leave there.  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9.5

crowny2's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
Time
  • August's totals