The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 7.87 miles
  • 11m 26s /Mi

90min long run. Maintain RPE of 3 throughout. Had a GU at 60 minutes and 12 oz of Accelerade.

Not a good run at all.  15 minutes in felt like the shins were starting to hurt.  That went away.  Then starting at 30 minutes in, both knees started to ache.  That never went away.  Then at the 60 minute mark, my toes
started to hurt.  Not just ache hurt, but true pain.  So I stopped to walk for about 5 minutes.  Haven't had to do that since last summer, but I did.  Started back running again with 15 minutes to go and finished strong.  Finished the rest of the Accelerade plus another 24 oz of just water.  Came home to a great dinner (I love my wife) and now I'm just sitting here in pain.  My knees are killing me.  Fortunately, I don't have to run again till Sunday.

And now, as promised, the recipe for Onion and Fontina Beer Batter Bread.  Hope you all like it as much as I do.

1 tbsp olive oil

1 cup diced onion

3 cups all purpose flour

3 tbsp sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (4 oz) grated fontina cheese

1 (12 oz) bottle beer (such as amber ale)

Cooking spray

1/4 cup butter melted and divided

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degree

2.  Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and sate 6 minutes or until tender.  Cool to room temperature.

3.  Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.  Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, make a well in center of mixture.  Add onion, cheese and beer and stir just until moist.

4.  Spoon batter into a 9x5 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray, drizzle evenly with 2 tbsp butter.  Bake for 35 minutes, brush with remaining 2 tbsp butter.  Bake an additional 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack, remove from pan.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Yield 16 servings.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 45m
  • 4.35 miles
  • 10m 20s /Mi

45 minutes at RPE 3 wth strides every 5 minutes.

Ok, so I'm sick of the cold.  Officially fed up.  I'm done.  Ready for warmth.  Need it to be warm.  Need to run outside.  Need to bike outside.  Need the warmth of the sun make me sweat outside.  It is supposed to be -5 overnight tonight.  WTF?!?!?!  Ok, we get it.  It is still winter, but does it have to be THIS cold?!?!?!?!

Seriously.  

sigh 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.14 miles
  • 14.85 Mi/hr

45 minutes with first 30 minutes at RPE4, last 15 minutes at RPE 6.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.09 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

30 minutes after bike. First 10 minutes at RPE 3, last 20 minutes at RPE 5.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1097.28 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

12 x 100 (alternate each 100 with normal breathing and bilateral) RPE 3. The key here is to keep these easy but focus on stroke and bilateral breathing.

Woof.  First full workout since a week ago Sunday.  And I had to do all three today.  Two this morning and one at lunch time.  Mercy.  But they are done and that's all that matters.  My arms are killing me.  3700 yds in two days.  I know, though, it will pay off in the end.

Cold as all get out, again.  I CANNOT WAIT FOR WARMTH!

So Castro resigned.  I wonder how Carlos and Osiris are doing and what they think about it.  I know just how much they couldn't stand him.  Maybe one day they will get to go "home" again.  Only time will tell. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 2286.00 meters
  • 02m 51s /100 meters

Long mental toughness day!
6 x 500, odds are RPE3, evens RPE 5
Only did 5 of them.

Well, hopefully tonight will get me back into the swing of things.  Only got 5 of the 6 500's in, but much better than last week.  Will be doing the big workout tomorrow morning and the short swim at lunch time.  BUT, the good thing is, I did it.  I actually got it done.  So that is definitely a step in the right direction.  Still doing the occasional cough, but what you gonna do. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9
Well, I didn't get to the gym this morning, and by the time we got home the gym was closed.  Hopefully will make up for it this week.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 4.75 miles
  • 12m 38s /Mi

75 minutes tempo
wu: 15 minutes RPE 3
main: 3 x (12t, 3r) 12t at RPE 6, 3r at RPE 2*
cd: 15 minutes at RPE 3

Only did 2 of the 3 tempo runs and idn't do the bike ride.  Still recovering.  Breathing has been quite difficult running, still.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 8

crowny2's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
Time