• 1097.28 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

Recovery
3 x 400 even split for each at RPE 2-3

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.78 miles
  • -----

60 minute 3:1 long run. That's 45 minutes at RPE 2-3, 15 minutes finish at RPE 5.

What a day today. Not bad, not good, just a day.

And then to the workout. Swim, mega easy. Felt good. Just took it easy since that is what I was supposed to do. Then came the run. Hmmm... well I was supposed to do the first 45 nice and easy, and I did, but the knees started to not like me about 20-30 minutes in. So then, I was to pick it up a bit in the last 15. Well, it was harder than I thought. Not to keep the pace but to actually get my HR up. Which was weird. So I picked up the pace a little more. Wound up doing the last 5-8 minutes running at about 8:30 pace which was a minute faster than the pace I thought would get my HR up to zone 2. I think I really need to do another LTHR. I haven't done one since, hmmmm.... I don't know when.

And so now it is down to four. Mitt dropped out. Only two in each party left. Only time will tell.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Day off today!!!!!  I told Beth I'm not even going to Yoga tonight.  I just want to rest.  Relax.  I'm friggen exhausted.

Went out with her and her friend last night to celebrate Fat Tuesday.  I'm such a whimp.  I was falling asleep at 8:30!!!!!!!!!  So we came home and I was out cold by 9:45.  Oh well.  Then woke up early this morning to go to Ash Wednesday Mass.  At least I will get to sleep in a bit more over the next few days.  Thankfully!

And, as I expected, there was no significant decision in the race yesterday.  Obama won more states.  Clinton won more delegates.  I know they are both frothing at the mouth to get the Richards and Edwards backing.  I would be too.  I have a feeling they are going to hold out just a bit longer, though, till they officially announce who they will be backing.  I really am turning into a political geek. 

On another note, I forgot that I had finally seen the preview for the Iron Man movie on Sunday.  I know Beth won't see it.  I'm really not that excited about it because of Robert Downy Jr. being the lead.  I just can't see him as the lead for that.  But who knows.  Maybe he will surprise me. HA!  Who am I kidding!?!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.45 miles
  • 15.27 Mi/hr

45minutes at RPE 4 followed by run.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.12 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

30 minute recovery run at RPE 2-3

Did not get to stretch afterwards and I think I'm going to regret it.  Beth was waiting, since she came with this morning, so I had to put a move on so she could make her train. 

The run was interesting.  I was actually able to keep a higher pace (around 9:00-9:30) for quite a while and still keep the HR below 170.  Most of the time it hovered around 167.  So very low zone 2.  I think I need to recalculate my LTHR soon.  I haven't done it in a while.  I actually think there might be one somewhere in this training.  I'll have to check. 

Well it is Super Fat Tuesday.  Everyone can vote and eat to their hearts content.  Going to be a VERY interesting primary.  For the first time, I think ever, I will be pulling for a Democrat.  Obama.  Can't stand Hillary.  Personal choice I guess.  And I don't like any of the others on the Republican side except Ron Paul.  Yeah.  I know.  Can't get any more different than him and Obama.  But it is about matching those that most closely represent what you believe in.  For some, there is a candidate that matches 100%.  For me, there has never been one.  And that is probably a good thing.  This is what makes me an Independent.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 45m
  • 11.62 miles
  • 15.49 Mi/hr

45 minutes spinning at RPE 3, include 6 x20-second accelerations to top cadence spaced about 5 minutes apart.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2194.56 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

Long day
wu: 500 continuous, then 5 x 50
main: 1 x 1500, RPE 3
cd: 3 x 75, each slower than last

Holy carp that swim was something!!!!!  Basically did the 1500 in about 35:00.  Not bad considering this is the first time I've ever done a distance that far straight through.  Little tired.  I can't figure out how they expect that swim workout is supposed to be done in 45 minutes.  Guess that is a goal. 

It was a good day, over all though.  Got an absolute ton done.  Hopefully I can continue that tomorrow. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Ok, so call me lazy.  I didn't work out today.  Just couldn't bring myself to go to the gym and get on the drainer for 2 hours.  Besides, the new program that starts tomorrow is going to more than make up for it.  I'm still light years ahead of this time last year. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 10m
  • 6.67 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Run for 70 minutes. 9 minutes run, 1 minute walk. Easy slow run, keeping run in zone 1 or low zone 2.

I was lazy and didn't do anything yesterday.  That's ok, I guess, since I'm going full speed starting Monday.  And I'll get some good workouts in too, from the looks of it.  I really am quite nervous about picking up my workouts as much as I am.  I'm going from about 6 hours a week to 8-10 hours a week.  It's quite an increase.  And going to two workouts a day.  I know I can do it, and with the support Beth gives me it will be even better.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10 Overall Workout: 3

crowny2's Training Log

February 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 

Time
Distance
Time
  • July's totals