• 45m 15s
  • 1600.20 meters
  • 02m 50s /100 meters

Race-specific
wu: 2 x 150, swim, back
main: 3 x 400, 1 is RPE 3, 2 is RPE9 for first 100 then RPE5, 3 is RPE 5
cd: 2 x 125 easy

Nice swim.  Nothing more. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.80 miles
  • 18.24 Mi/hr

2.5 hour bike. Keep RPE 3-4. Only did 1.25 hours. Just couldn't stay on the drainer one more minute. Drove me crazy.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

20 minute recovery run after the bike at RPE 2.

I hate this weather.  H A T E    I T!

Bike
  • 30m
  • 9.12 miles
  • 18.24 Mi/hr

30 minutes in full aero position. RPE 3.

So tired today.  The workout last night really took it out of me.  Long workout tomorrow and then a nice swim on Sunday with Stef.  Sounds as if she is starting to make a break through.  I think Beth will help her out. 

Not much to talk about today.  Will make up for it next week. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 1h 15m 23s
  • 6.24 miles
  • 12m 05s /Mi

Track 6 x 800 with 400 recovery. Include long warm up and cool down. Keep efforts RPE 7-8 and stop the repeats if you can't hold that effort.

Holy carp  that was hard!  I could keep up the effort but couldn't keep up the pace.  By the last one I was lucky to be hitting 8:15 pace.  Didn't help I had to do it on the indoor track at the gym because of the rain.  Meh.

Well I got a call tonight and the bike rack is in at the shop.  So I'm going to go tomorrow to pick it up.  This will be rack #2 so that Beth can go with me on trips. 

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 29m 58s
  • 26.37 miles
  • 17.59 Mi/hr

90 minutes with hills. Tempo 15wu/wd then 2 x (25t, 5e) at RPE7. Stay seated on hills.

My what an interesting workout tonight.  As you can see, I had a quick peak at about 226.  Yeah, well, a moving truck pulled out without even looking and almost hit me as I was flying along. He told me to F off after I yelled at him.  Jerk. 

So off I took, enjoying the beautiful sun. Hey!!!  Were'd the sun go!?!?!?! Nuts. Where did those clouds come from.  Sasafrasnfilthnfoul!!!!  Great. Here I am in just bike shorts, a jersey and arm warmers and the clouds are rolling in.  And the temperature is dropping.  BUT it is a long workout and I'm already gone so I'll just have to make the best of it.  And so I do.  It is probably one of my tougher bike workouts.  T.I.T.S.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That's all I need.

Got home, went upstairs to take a shower and felt colder after the shower than before.  Had a vicious case of the shakes after the shower.  Must have been colder than I thought.  Oh well, still a great workout.  I think, during my tempo rides today, I may have kept it around the 20 mph area.  That's what I need. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 37m 10s
  • 1417.32 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

Speed day
wu: 3 x 200 - swim, kick, pull
main: 16 x 50 odds RPE 4, evens RPE 8-9
cd: 150 easy

This is my last tough workout week before I start to taper.  Although next week doesn't look too easy.  The easy stuff really doesn't start till the last week, but I'm still having fun and that's what counts.

KU WON!  What a game too.  AND Liverpool WON!!!  4-2 over Arsenal.  Now they go on to play Chelsea in the Semi's.  Again.  Third time in 4 years!  I hope 3rd time is not a charm for them.  ;)

And the deck guy finally showed up and took the measurements.  Hopefully we will get a quote from him soon.  And I still need to call the other two places to schedule appointments so they can come out and give us a quote.  Kind of excited to get this old deck gone and a new one put up. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8

WOW!  I'm more tired today than I was yesterday.  And I'm definitely more sore.  Who'd a thunk it.

But what a glorious weekend.  So nice out.  Opened up the house and just aired it out.  I was in shorts in the house.  THAT felt awesome.  I know it is still a while before that is permanent but still, it is a hint of things to come.

Just a few more weeks left and the first race.  I had originally hoped I would get a sub 1:15 on the race.    I think 1:15 is not my true goal.  I don't think I've had enough true T.I.T.S. to really make a difference on the bike.  I'll do great in the swim and significantly better on the run, and there will be improvement on the bike, but not to the 20 mph level I'm shooting for.  Not yet.  Only time will tell.

Come on KU! I hope they win tonight.  Would make Beth so happy.  Me too.  Would put me 2nd in the pool at the office.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

crowny2's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time