The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
Run
  • 40m 50s
  • 4.38 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

40 minutes at RPE 3 with strides.

I realized, when I started running, that it was my first run since Saturday, and that was only an inside deal.  I hadn't hit the streets in about a week.  And I felt it.  Legs were a bit sore and leaden.  But, overall it felt like a good run.  Had a bit of a side stitch half way through, be realized I wasn't focusing on my breathing so did the exhale trick and pretty soon it was gone.

Now, it was absolutely beautiful out last night.  About 70 when I took off.  Loved every minute of it.  Slight breeze to keep me cool.  Over all a lovely workout night.  Just not the best workout.  Eight days and a wake up to go!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 2
Bike
  • 31m 42s
  • 8.66 miles
  • 16.39 Mi/hr

30 minutes, ladder.
10:00 RPE 3
10:00 RPE 7
10:00 RPE 3

Not a good day, mentally, today.  Seemed like everything was pizzing me off.  Work was one tick off after another and seemed to last forever.  Started with two emails this morning and just didn't stop.  And really finished when I got home, met the guy to give me a quote on a new deck, he left and I went out to put the second rack on my roof top rail and the damn thing didn't fit.  The bracket that holds it to the rail is too narrow.  SO I get to take it back and have them help me figure out what WILL work.  FUDGE.   I don't need this aggravation.

So I went to the pub and had two 24oz Black Lager's and the Chicken Enchilada's.  I'm going to regret it tomorrow but right now, it was worth it.  I'm a little less stressed.  Helped that the guy next to me had put some great songs into the juke box.  I knew it was going to be good when it started off with Seek and Destroy!  

Now I'm watching the Sox play Baltimore and waiting for Beth to get home.  Second out of three late nights for her.  

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 1 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 44m 34s
  • 12.45 miles
  • 16.76 Mi/hr

45 minutes, 30min at RPE 3, 15min at RPE 7.

Swim
  • 33m 35s
  • 1280.16 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

Form
wu: 250 continuous.
main: 200, 2x100, 200, 2 x 100, 200, long intervals at RPE4, short at RPE 7-8
cd: 150 easy

I'll do the bike tonight from home. Looks like it is going to be beautiful tonight.

What a weird night's sleep last night. Very strange indeed. First, at around 12:30, somebody was riding around the neighborhood on the loudest motor bike I think I have ever heard in my life. Good lord. And it wasn't a low deep rumbling bike. It was a loud one that sounded like the muffler was coming off.

And back to sleep I went. Then I had a WEIRD dream, sometime about an hour or so later, that had me do one heck of a nap jerk. Shot straight up in bed. Yeah, that was fun, NOT!.

And back to sleep I went, only to wake up again, about 3 more times. Each time I woke up, it felt as if I had slept forever, but it was only 30-45 minutes. Very strange indeed.

----------------------------------

Woof!  Mercy that wind was something else.  At one point, while I was riding straight into it, in the small ring, at a low gear, I slowed down to about 8 mph.  It was rough. And of course, the nice thing is when I had it as a tail wind (for all of a mile) I popped up to 30!!!!  Well, that's wind for you.   And I hit EVERY single stop light.  Some days you got it, some days, not so much.  ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9

Recovery day before I start my first taper week.  The amount of volume is only slightly less.  But the intensity still looks elevated.

Less than 2 weeks till the race and now the nerves are starting to come out.  Thinking about the race.  And more than anything, worrying about the bike.  Huh.  I'm sure I'll hit about 6:30-7:00 on the swim, and will probably come pretty close to 8:15/mile on the run.  The bike is what I'm now worried about.  I want to get as close to 20mph as I can, but I have a feeling the wind will be a factor.  This place has all kinds of wind and last year was no exception.  10-15 mph on the return.  Really kicked my butt.  That being said, I've just got to take what I've done and know that I will do my best.

They said it might hit 70 here on Wednesday.  That would be S W E E T!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 45m 15s
  • 1600.20 meters
  • 02m 50s /100 meters

Race-specific
wu: 2 x 150, swim, back
main: 3 x 400, 1 is RPE 3, 2 is RPE9 for first 100 then RPE5, 3 is RPE 5
cd: 2 x 125 easy

Nice swim.  Nothing more. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.80 miles
  • 18.24 Mi/hr

2.5 hour bike. Keep RPE 3-4. Only did 1.25 hours. Just couldn't stay on the drainer one more minute. Drove me crazy.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

20 minute recovery run after the bike at RPE 2.

I hate this weather.  H A T E    I T!

Bike
  • 30m
  • 9.12 miles
  • 18.24 Mi/hr

30 minutes in full aero position. RPE 3.

So tired today.  The workout last night really took it out of me.  Long workout tomorrow and then a nice swim on Sunday with Stef.  Sounds as if she is starting to make a break through.  I think Beth will help her out. 

Not much to talk about today.  Will make up for it next week. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

crowny2's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals