• 25m 27s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 13s /Mi
Swim
  • 07m 41s
  • 402.34 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

I'll do the race report tomorrow.

However, I will say I knocked off 15 minutes from last year.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 14m 48s
  • 640.08 meters
  • 02m 18s /100 meters

Warm up 5 minutes, 6 x 50 fast!, cool down 5 minutes.

Bike
  • 16m 33s
  • 4.94 miles
  • 17.91 Mi/hr

Warm up 5 minutes, 5 x 2 minute fast!, cool down 5 minutes.

Run
  • 14m 04s
  • 1.59 miles
  • 08m 51s /Mi

Warm up 5 minutes, 5 x 1 minute fast!, cool down 5 minutes.

I kind of like blowing out the cobwebs the day before a race.  Felt pretty good this morning, even with the cold weather outside.  44 when I started riding.  Brrrrr.

Oh well.  Had a great experience at a new LBS. Long story short, they are loaning another rack for me to use this weekend while I decide on whether I want to keep the cross rails I had to by or get an adapter to keep the cross rails I already have.  Long story that I'm too lazy to write up right now.  ;) 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

Another recovery day today and then a quick run through all three tomorrow. 

Have to run to the bike shop to pick up the new cross rail and hope and pray that the old rack will fit on it.  Ugh.

And now the weather on Sunday is 57 and rain!  Come on!  Seriously!  This is ticking me off!!!  I AM NOT HAPPY!  I don't care about the temp, but the rain.  UGH!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.71 miles
  • 08m 46s /Mi

Warm up 10 minutes, 5 minutes cruise at slightly faster than 5k race pace--not your finishing all-out pace, but mid race pace.

Easy run today.  Felt good to stretch the legs.  And I did it outside on the asphalt track at the gym.  Day off again tomorrow and then a quick run through on all three disciplines on Saturday.  Then Sunday is the day. 

So I dropped the car off yesterday at a new dealership (VW) because I didn't feel I was getting the best service from the other one I was going to.  This one is only about 2-3 miles farther from the house, so no big deal.  I'm already happy.  First of all, they are going to honor the service coupons from the dealership I bought the car from, that is now closed because they weren't paying VW the money for sold cars (to the tune of $10M!).  Anyway, the dealership I had been going to said they wouldn't honor the coupons.  This one, "No problem".  I'm already hooked. 

Now, I just need to get in touch with the bike shop about the new bike rack.  Ugh.  Too much to do the week before a race!

And now, for the weather update.  58 and rain!?!?!  I swear to god I have never seen a forecast change this many times.  It has changed at least 5 times in the last 5 days.  Fudge.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

Recovery day today.  Thankfully.  Too much to do.  Got to get the ears lowered.  Take the car on for the 20,000 check up.  Taking the afternoon off of work because I have other errands to run.  How did all this pile up onto one day?  Oh that's right, I put it off.  Idiot.

Yesterday was not a good day for my teams.  Sox got blown out by NY (ptooey) and Chelsea tied Liverpool in the last seccond (Fudge). 

And now, I have the slightest of scratchy throats.  I'm hoping that it is because of my mowing the lawn last night and all the dust that it kicked up.  You know, a little allergy thing.  Because if it isn't, it is the thing that Beth has, and if I catch that, I'm doomed for this weekend.  I'll stop, today, and pick up something to see if I can help fight it off.  Airborne or something like that.  Lot's of zinc, maybe.  Anything to not be sick for this race.  Ugh.

I need for this week to be over so this weekend can be here. 

Oh!  And the dream I had last night.  SOOO weird.  I haven't had one of those in a looong time.  I was back in college, taking a quiz from my first advisor (I dropped him after my freshman year to do a umm...... disagreement).  I had no idea about any of the questions, AT ALL.  He then started reading me the riot act in front of the whole class, saying that I was not only stealing my parents money because I was never in class and failing, but also stealing a spot at the school from other more deserving potential students.  All I could say was "you are right".  I actually woke up shaken.  I felt like I was 18 again but not in the good way.  Very weird indeed.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
Swim
  • 19m 47s
  • 822.96 meters
  • 02m 24s /100 meters

20 minutes easy swimming, RPE 2-3.

First things first.  Talk about a busy pool!!  Sheesh.  And there was this older lady that was doing the lazy back stroke (using both arms) in the end of the pool without lane dividers.  She was all over the damn place.  I ran into her and so did another lady.  She was also closest to the first lane divider!  WTF?  All she had to do was make certain she was always close to it.  Whatever.

Anyway, a very easy swim today.  900 yds in just under 20 minutes.  And on my way back to work I got to thinking, huh, there used to be a time when I would be lucky to get 600-800 in on a 20 minute swim.  Hell, there was a time, about a year ago, that a 20 minute swim was my longest.  NOW it is my SHORTEST.  Kind of makes me feel good no matter what happens on Sunday.

That being said, boy am I excited!  :)

3:40 PM - I'm gutted.  Absolutely gutted.  My favorite player just scored an own goal against Chelsea to give them a 1-1 tie at Anfield.  Worst of it, he did it with all of about 45 seconds to go in the match.  I.   H A T E.  C H E L S E A.  The only team I hate more is ManUre.  My boys played so damn well.  But not well enough.  I have a feeling this is John's last year.  I think that is his second OG this year.  FUDGE!!!!!!  Why Chelsea?!?!?!  BLECH!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 20m
  • 914.40 meters
  • 02m 11s /100 meters

4 x 5 minutes, start each fast, level out pace on each.

Bike
  • 30m
  • 9.05 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

3 x 10 minutes, start each slow, build up to race pace on each.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.38 miles
  • 08m 24s /Mi

2 x 10 minutes, start each slow, build up to race pace on each.

A quick run through of all 3 sports today. ________________________________ This is the big week!

This was a harder workout of all three than I thought it would be.  Especially the run.  But it felt GREAT!  

I've got SO much to do this week.  I've got to fix the damn rail issue for the new bike rack.  Sounds like I'm going to have to get new cross rails because the VW dealership screwed up.  Figures.  I'm not going back there.  Going to give the Orland Park shop a try.  

And I checked the weather, AGAIN, in Sullivan on Sunday.  NOW it is 63 and sunny.  Keep your fingers crossed friends.   

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

crowny2's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals