Silver Spring,MD 
Run
  • 40m 19s
  • 4.09 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

45min. Track. 10min wu/wd then 6 x 400 with 200 recovery walk. RPE 8 on 400s.

I will record the individual splits and HR later.

What a nice night last night.  Mike and Jen and Maia arrived.  Little later than they hoped, but that is ok.  I can't get over how big Maia is.  And she just turned 5!  Quick little update for the friends out there.   Maia was born 3 months pre-mature.  The fact that she is with us now is a miracle and what a beautiful miracle she is. 

Anyway, we went over to the pub for dinner and then back home afterwards.  It was a blast catching up with Mongo.  Haven't seen him in forever.  Anyway, Maia went to bed and the four of us stayed up talking till aroudn 11:30 or so.  So worth it.  Tired today, especially with the workout, but so worth it.  He looks so happy with Jen.  I'm sad it didn't work out with Maria, but everything happens for a reason.

Now onto today.  FIRE game tonight.  FIIURRREEE, FIIIUURRRE!!!!  I hope the rain holds off.  And if it doesn't, it is only a mist or sprinkle.  But still.  FOOTY SEASON!!!!!!!  Look for me on ESPN2 tonight peeps.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 34m 15s
  • 1417.32 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

speed day
wu: 3 x 200 - swim, kick, pull
main: 16 x 50 odds RPE 4, evens RPE 8-9
cd: 150 easy

Bike
  • 31m 05s
  • 9.36 miles
  • 18.07 Mi/hr

30 minutes in full aero position. RPE 3.

Got up and swam first thing.  Will have to try to fit in my ride right after work.  Hopefully before Mike and the gang show up.

Little frustrated last night.  Got home.  Smoked a workout in to get ready for the guy to come over to give us a quote on the deck.  He never showed.  Now granted, that wouldn't have affected how I did my workout but still, that is a bit frustrating.  I'll have to get in touch with him today to reschedule for next week.

I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to fit my workout in tomorrow.  We are going to the Fire home opener tomorrow night so I'll have to do it either in the morning (don't want to wake the guests up) or during lunch (and if it is a 45 minute workout, those are tough to fit in at lunch time).  This is a tough week.  Hrumph.

Added later:  Did the ride after work.  Just loving working out outside.  sigh.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 55m 34s
  • 16.96 miles
  • 18.31 Mi/hr

60 minutes with hills. Solid effort ranging from RPE 3 to RPE 7.

Did the same route as last week and did it 1 mph faster.  Wind is about the same except this time it was head wind up front and tail wind on the way back.  Yea me.  ;)

Still waiting to get my friends cell phone number.  Getting a bit nervous.  Oh well.  Can only wait and see.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 3

So I'm supposed to swim tonight, but I might take it off.  Depends on if I have to go into down town to pick up Beth.  If I do, I'll take it off.  If she comes home early, I might take it off.  If I do workout, I'll take a day off in the week (yesterday was supposed to be my off day).  Otherwise, I'll workout something like 12 days straight and I don't think that is a healthy thing to do. 

1:14PM

Ugh.  I just got an email from my mom about a dear friend of mine.  I've known him since I was about 6.  He was in my wedding, and we have kept in contact till a few years ago when he returned from Iraq.  He went into the Army when he was 28 (I still wonder about that one, but he did it and that's that).  He was kept in Iraq 9 months longer than he was supposed to be there and did not have a good experience (mainly his CO).  Anyway, I got one email from him after he got back (About 3 years ago) and then nothing.  Even though I've sent him tons of emails.  I just found out why.

When he returned home, he found his wife incredibly thin.  She told him it was a thyroid problem.  After a while, he found out it was actually bulemia.  Long story short, they are no longer together.  He is nearly bankrupt because she has literally fed her disease with their money.  Her family won't lift a finger and he left with just the clothes on his back.  He is heart and soul broken.  And through this email, I find out that he is planning on going into the French Foreign Legion.  At the age of 36+!  For a 5 year stint.  I know he has some PTSS.  How can he not.  Tour in Kosovo, then Afghanistan, then Iraq, all in about 4 years. 

He is like a brother to me.  We have been through so many things together when we were younger.  This is just killing me he is going through this.  My heart aches for him.  I'm hoping my mom can get his cell number from his mom.  I need to talk to him.  I feel this is just a round about way at suicide. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 41m 54s
  • 4.96 miles
  • 08m 27s /Mi
Check out my race report for the rest of it.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 30m 32s
  • 2.96 miles
  • 10m 19s /Mi

25min at RPE4 with 6 x100m accelarations at the end.

Rough run this morning.  Didn't help I had a bit too much to drink last night.  1/2 a bottle of wine and 2 glasses of port make the legs VERY heavy in the morning.  Still, the accelerations were good. 

Got my packet today for tomorrow morning.  Now I just hope it stays precipitation free.  I hate running in the rain.  I'll do it, but I won't like it.  Keep your fingers crossed kiddies. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 57m 57s
  • 17.01 miles
  • 17.61 Mi/hr

60min, alternate between RPE and RPE 7-8 throughout ride.

Again.  Note to self.  PAY ATTENTION TO THE WIND!!!  Sheesh.  You would think I would have learned by now.  At least it was nice to be outside again.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

crowny2's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • June's totals