Swim
  • 37m 10s
  • 1417.32 meters
  • 02m 37s /100 meters

Speed day
wu: 3 x 200 - swim, kick, pull
main: 16 x 50 odds RPE 4, evens RPE 8-9
cd: 150 easy

This is my last tough workout week before I start to taper.  Although next week doesn't look too easy.  The easy stuff really doesn't start till the last week, but I'm still having fun and that's what counts.

KU WON!  What a game too.  AND Liverpool WON!!!  4-2 over Arsenal.  Now they go on to play Chelsea in the Semi's.  Again.  Third time in 4 years!  I hope 3rd time is not a charm for them.  ;)

And the deck guy finally showed up and took the measurements.  Hopefully we will get a quote from him soon.  And I still need to call the other two places to schedule appointments so they can come out and give us a quote.  Kind of excited to get this old deck gone and a new one put up. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8

WOW!  I'm more tired today than I was yesterday.  And I'm definitely more sore.  Who'd a thunk it.

But what a glorious weekend.  So nice out.  Opened up the house and just aired it out.  I was in shorts in the house.  THAT felt awesome.  I know it is still a while before that is permanent but still, it is a hint of things to come.

Just a few more weeks left and the first race.  I had originally hoped I would get a sub 1:15 on the race.    I think 1:15 is not my true goal.  I don't think I've had enough true T.I.T.S. to really make a difference on the bike.  I'll do great in the swim and significantly better on the run, and there will be improvement on the bike, but not to the 20 mph level I'm shooting for.  Not yet.  Only time will tell.

Come on KU! I hope they win tonight.  Would make Beth so happy.  Me too.  Would put me 2nd in the pool at the office.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Day off today!  Phew.  I need it.  I'm tired.  Slept like the dead last night.
Run #1
  • 30m 35s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 09m 21s /Mi

30 minutes, RPE 3

Bike
  • 1h 23m 44s
  • 23.30 miles
  • 16.70 Mi/hr

90 minutes, RPE 5

Run #2
  • 30m
  • 3.26 miles
  • 09m 12s /Mi

30 minutes, RPE 3

Run-Bike-Run Brick day.  Burned almost 2500 calories today!  But the best thing about it all was that I got to do it outside.  It was cool to begin with, about 38-40.  But by the time I finished, it was over 50.  Felt awesome.  Loved every minute of it.  And I did the second run at a slightly faster pace than the first. 

Then the rest of the day was nice too.   Went to mum and Dan's place for dinner (lamb!) and then watched the ball game.  KU won so Beth was incredibly happy.  And so was I.  I may actually get 2nd in the office pool, but only if KU wins the whole shebang.

Now I have the next two days off.  And I need it.   

Bike
  • 55m 36s
  • 16.94 miles
  • 18.28 Mi/hr

60minutes at RPE 4 in aero position.

Swim
  • 45m 55s
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

Open water continuous. First 30min at RPE3, then remainder at RPE 5.

First and foremost, the Fire won in handy fashion last night! 4-0 over New England. Loved it. Helped that they had a guy sent off in the first 10 minutes for a nasty tackle. Only bad thing about the match was the cold and rain. But hey, they won AND there was fireworks after the game. WOO HOO!

I'm tired this morning. It was hard to wake up and get going. Particularly for a long straight through swim like this. But I did it. Had to share a lane with a nice lady, but I was up against the wall the whole time. Ugh. Hate that. Could have been worse, though. She was so nice. Always talking to me. Didn't get much of a chance today though because it was non stop for me. I'll get my ride in tonight after work. Looks like the rain is going to move through a little faster so I may be able to get it done outside again. WOOT!

Yep, got to go outside to ride.  HOT DIGGITY DOG! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 40m 19s
  • 4.09 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

45min. Track. 10min wu/wd then 6 x 400 with 200 recovery walk. RPE 8 on 400s.

I will record the individual splits and HR later.

What a nice night last night.  Mike and Jen and Maia arrived.  Little later than they hoped, but that is ok.  I can't get over how big Maia is.  And she just turned 5!  Quick little update for the friends out there.   Maia was born 3 months pre-mature.  The fact that she is with us now is a miracle and what a beautiful miracle she is. 

Anyway, we went over to the pub for dinner and then back home afterwards.  It was a blast catching up with Mongo.  Haven't seen him in forever.  Anyway, Maia went to bed and the four of us stayed up talking till aroudn 11:30 or so.  So worth it.  Tired today, especially with the workout, but so worth it.  He looks so happy with Jen.  I'm sad it didn't work out with Maria, but everything happens for a reason.

Now onto today.  FIRE game tonight.  FIIURRREEE, FIIIUURRRE!!!!  I hope the rain holds off.  And if it doesn't, it is only a mist or sprinkle.  But still.  FOOTY SEASON!!!!!!!  Look for me on ESPN2 tonight peeps.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 34m 15s
  • 1417.32 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

speed day
wu: 3 x 200 - swim, kick, pull
main: 16 x 50 odds RPE 4, evens RPE 8-9
cd: 150 easy

Bike
  • 31m 05s
  • 9.36 miles
  • 18.07 Mi/hr

30 minutes in full aero position. RPE 3.

Got up and swam first thing.  Will have to try to fit in my ride right after work.  Hopefully before Mike and the gang show up.

Little frustrated last night.  Got home.  Smoked a workout in to get ready for the guy to come over to give us a quote on the deck.  He never showed.  Now granted, that wouldn't have affected how I did my workout but still, that is a bit frustrating.  I'll have to get in touch with him today to reschedule for next week.

I'm also trying to figure out how I'm going to fit my workout in tomorrow.  We are going to the Fire home opener tomorrow night so I'll have to do it either in the morning (don't want to wake the guests up) or during lunch (and if it is a 45 minute workout, those are tough to fit in at lunch time).  This is a tough week.  Hrumph.

Added later:  Did the ride after work.  Just loving working out outside.  sigh.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

crowny2's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time