• 1371.60 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

Easy swim
Recovery
WU: 500
MS: 500 pull w/paddles.
10x50 on 20" rest.
Swim easy and focus on form.

Again, wanted to get the run in today, but there was no time, as well as it was raining cats and dogs.  Wonder if they still did the Time Trial.

Swim
  • 56m 01s
  • 2286.00 meters
  • 02m 27s /100 meters

Endurance
WU: 400
MS:
4 * 150 2:45
2 * 50 Back loosen
4 * 100 1:45
2 * 50 Back loosen
4 * 50 0:45
100 Easy
4 * 100 pull w/paddles 1:45
CD: 200

Wanted to do the bike too, but no time, today.  Had to get out to Monee to help William with the refacing.  Took way too long.  Oh well.  Still looks tons better than it did before.

So glad today is a recovery day.  I so need it.  Legs are a bit stiff and sore today, but I guess that is to be expected after 3 straight days of running.  Going to have to figure out how I'm going to get my workouts in, at least tomorrow.  May have to find some way to split them up.  Probably swim in the morning, go work with William and then do the bike ride from the house. 

I think I will wait to see if I'm going to do the Time Trial on Sunday morning.  Wait to see what the weather will do.

Fire won last night.  The goal by Blanco was a sight to behold.  An absolute beauty of a shot.  HAS to be up for goal of the week this coming week.  He so deserves it.  If you can, check out MLS.net to see if they have it up there yet.  I know the Fire's website has it.

Happy Friday everyone.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 35m 43s
  • 1417.32 meters
  • 02m 31s /100 meters

Swim Form
Form
WU: 300 easy. Then 'swim golf' = 6 x 50 on 15" rest & count strokes. What combination of time and strokes gives you the lowest 'score?' (Ex: 43 strokes + 45" = 88).

MS: Swim a moderate effort using the same stroke count in WU set. 5 x 100 (10") moderate. 4 x 50 kick (20") moderate.

CD: 200 easy alternating 50 pull, 50 swim.

Think I may have accidentally done an extra 50 in the Golf. WTF?

Run
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid-Z2. Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

So I was going to wake up this morning and do the swim in the morning and the run after work. I was so tired, I couldn't get up. So I bagged it and did it at lunch time. Still going to do the run after work. Hope it doesn't rain, but even if it does, I'm doing it outside. No way am I doing an hour run at the gym. Can't stand it in there anymore. Only go to swim. Now that it is warm, I'll do EVERYTHING outside I can.

Really have no focus this week. Can't seem to get anything done at all. Seriously. I find excuses not to get work done. I'll start something, then something else will distract me. Wonder what is going on. Need to get this fixed. Too much to do to keep it up. Hmmmm....

Late workout thoughts. 6.33 miles in 1 hour. 9:28 pace. I'll take it. About the only thing, it hurt. The knees. Third straight day of running and they were starting to protest. Not a bad hurt. Ok, they didn't hurt, they ached. I know the difference. But last year, at this time, I was lucky to actually run for an hour without stopping. And I keep reminding myself of that. I have to. I'm so thankful I have a plan because without one, I would be lost. I owe all of my improvement to this site. It truly is the greatest.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 15m 03s
  • 20.94 miles
  • 16.74 Mi/hr

Bike Base
Endurance
Ride on a flat course, just spinning easy. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid Z2.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.33 miles
  • 09m 01s /Mi

Run Brick
Strength
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than the top of Z2. Think about running like Kenyan - smooth and efficient! Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

Ok.  So I didn't do the multisport thing on the Garmin, but it still didn't work.  Guess I actually have to kill one workout and do the other.  I'll have to remember that.  Oh well.  Still love the capability.  

The workout itself was awesome.  I was really worried about it, frankly.  I felt like crap most of the day.  Almost hung over.  Probably because I was up so late at the NGS lecture.  Anyway, the headache was starting to build so I took an Ibuprofen at around 1:30 or 2:00 and thankfully, it went away.  

So I got home and took off.  I think I was more pleased with the run than anything else.  I really took it easy on the run and still reeled off a 9:00 pace.  Seriously.  After a ride!  I think things are starting to fall into place.  I think I might be able to break the 8:00 barrier at the Homewood ReRun later this month.  I just have to remember to do a good warmup first. 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 43m 57s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

Run Speed
Speed/Efficiency
50' run with 10x30" strides. These are best if done on a slight downhill on a dirt path. Warm up for at least 10' before the first stride. For your recovery, you can walk back to the starting point. Strides are quick bursts that are as fast as 5k pace. You are looking to get in about 45 left foot strikes per 26-28". Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

Ok, so the two workouts I've done yesterday and today have shown me I need to do another LTHR.  I haven't done one in a while and I think I have one scheduled either next week or the week after.  Excited to see what those tell me.  Either way, LOVING the download capability!  Just awesome.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • 18.12 miles
  • 17.82 Mi/hr

Big Gear
Raise LT
Start in big ring, easiest gear. Spend 3' in each gear gradually working your way to hardest gear (total 27'). Leaving it in big ring, hardest gear, do 10' TT. Go small ring, middle gear for 5' spinning smoothly. Go back to big ring, hardest gear, and do another 10' TT. Gradually work your back to your easiest gear by 1' for cool-down.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Just did my first Garmin upload with the new little gadget above and am stoked. This was one of two things that TrainingPeaks had that BT didn't that I really missed. And this was the bigger of the two. The other one, I can live without, but this. This is awesome. Love it, love it, love it.

Ahh the little things. Just made a not so decent day really, really good. Thanks marmadaddy!!!! You guys are the bestest!

crowny2's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals