Silver Spring,MD 
Bike
  • 45m 53s
  • 10.01 miles
  • 13.09 Mi/hr

Recovery
Very Easy
Easy spin for in small chain ring. No HRM, but keep the effort very easy.

Very lazy bike.  Very lazy indeed.  Now just enjoying a lazy evening and eating food and watching TV. 
This next week I'm going to need to increase the amount of volume I workout.  I've still got time to get up there but I don't want to wait till the last minute.

Run
  • 59m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than the top of Z2. Think about running like Kenyan - smooth and efficient! Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

Wound up doing Thursday's run on Saturday down in Florida.  Got burned today.  Oops.  My chest is a bit pink.  Doh!  Fortunately, it isn't too bad.

Overall a nice trip.  Saw at least three tri'ers on their bikes on the island.  Heh.  Funny how you can pick them out on their bikes.   

Swim
  • 39m 17s
  • 1463.04 meters
  • 02m 41s /100 meters

Form
WU: 300 easy. Then 'swim golf' = 6 x 50 on 15" rest & count strokes. What combination of time and strokes gives you the lowest 'score?' (Ex: 43 strokes + 45" = 88).

MS: Swim a moderate effort using the same stroke count in WU set. 8 x 100 (10") moderate. 4 x 50 kick (20") moderate.

CD: 200 easy alternating 50 pull, 50 swim.

Only did 6 of the 100's. Form really fell apart and I was tired.

Glad I have some time to get used to the new workout routine. Talk about volume. Woof.

Looking forward to the weekend. Going to Florida to a friend's wedding. They are getting married on Amelia Island. Supposed to be a pretty place. Will bring running gear as we are staying at a condo and have no idea if there is a pool or workout facility. At least running will be nice. In warmer weather. Then again, the weather shows it is going to rain both Saturday and Sunday. Oh dear.

So much to do today, at work. At least 1/2 dozen proposals to get out since I'm not here tomorrow. And of course everyone wants everything yesterday. Love people waiting till the last minute. HA!

And day two of the abs hurting from the Core workout. Going to do Core #2 tonight after the run to try to get rid of the stiffness.

Bike
  • 1h 01m 12s
  • 15.67 miles
  • 15.36 Mi/hr

Bike Base
Endurance
Ride on a flat course, just spinning easy. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid Z2.

4:30 PM - I FOOKIN 'ATE CHELSEA!!!!!

That is all. 

------------------------------------------------

8:00 AM 

Woke up early, today, to do the ride.  Nothing says the morning after your first Core workout like tight abs!!!  Ouch.  And good lord it was cold.  35 when I took off!  Umm.... I thought it was supposed to start warming up.  At least I got to see a pretty sunrise.

I'm not going to start the strength workouts till next week.  Especially considering I'm going to repeat this entire 4-week stint again in 4 weeks.  That's when the true workouts will begin.  Glad I have this month to get used to the increased volume and workout how I'm going to do these 2-a-days.  They are going to be something else.  I know it will make me a better athlete in the long run, but I don't think I'll be doing an Olympic again.  I prefer the Sprint workouts. 

So yesterday, and last night, I checked out the Heart of America series.  I think that will be my goal for next year.  They are all (but one) in Iowa, which would be fun.  I won't do every single race because some are Oly's and one is an HIM.  But I will probably try to do all of the Sprints, if I can.  And then try to keep some of my local ones that I did last year and will be doing this year.  It is highly likely that I will do up to 10 Sprints next year.  Oh, and all of the HoA races are USAT, so that will be fun too.

And depending on that, then I will look to see if there are other Series that I would like to do around the Midwest.  Long term, I want to start looking for destination races.  But those won't be till the year after next.  I've got a lot to do before then.

Finally, this morning I got a little hot under the collar.  My favorite shirt was ruined by the dry cleaners.  I've only gotten to wear it twice.  Essentially, they burned holes in the cuffs from the metal buttons!  This is one expensive shirt.  REALLY expensive.  And it is now ruined.  I didn't want to go in today because I was so angry, I don't know what I would have said.  However, I'm going to take it in tomorrow and talk to the owner.  He is always there first thing in the morning.  Nice guy.  Frankly, this is the first time they have messed something of ours up.  However, this is a pretty big mess up.  Meh.  And I was having such a good morning up until then.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.62 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

Run Speed
Speed/Efficiency
15' run with 4x30" strides. These are best if done on a slight downhill on a dirt path. Warm up for at least 10' before the first stride. For your recovery, you can walk back to the starting point. Strides are quick bursts that are as fast as 5k pace. You are looking to get in about 45 left foot strikes per 26-28". Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

Swim
  • 45m 50s
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

Pacing
LT
WU: 400 swim then 6x50 on 15" rest.
MS: 10x100 @T-pace +3". Your rest is 15".
CD: 300 easy.

Sport
  • Core Training
  • 10m

Did my first ever Core workout after the run. I liked it. Looking forward to incorporating those into my workouts from now on. However, I think I'll have to either buy a ball or find an alternative since I don't have one at home and I don't go to the gym that much in the summer since I'm outside more often than in.

I'll do the swim tonight.

Feeling so good today. Still riding high off my performance on Sunday. I still have a long way to go, though. Need to keep shaving time off and time in the saddle is going to be one of the best ways. That and my run. I want to really push it on my next race and see if can break the 8:00 barrier.

Swim felt good.  Don't really feel like putting up the 100 splits, but I think I kept them all at around 1:57.  Beth started using her swim workout binder tonight.  I think she is going to like it.  Especially if I have really long swim nights, she can pull one of those out, otherwise, she is cutting the main workout in half.  Still it is more than she has been doing on her own. 

Going to try to do the ride tomorrow in the morning so I can try to mow the law in the evening.   Beth just checked the weather and it looks like it is going to be a cold morning.  About 39 when I head out.  Brrrrr....

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m

Cleaned the garage, the side of the garage, the wood pile, moved the rocks to get ready for the deck build. Just generally got the whole place ready for Spring. Wishfull thinking.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, today.  Technically, I've got a bike ride on the menu, but I might just take it easy.  Depends on the weather.  I'm still floating on cloud nine with the race yesterday.  Got to get out and clean the garage.

Happy Monday everyone. 

crowny2's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time