The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
Swim
  • 40m 32s
  • 1645.92 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

Form
WU: 300 easy. Then 'swim golf' = 6 x 50 on 15" rest & count strokes. What combination of time and strokes gives you the lowest 'score?' (Ex: 43 strokes + 45" = 88).

MS: Swim a moderate effort using the same stroke count in WU set. 8 x 100 (10") moderate. 4 x 50 kick (20") moderate.

CD: 200 easy alternating 50 pull, 50 swim.

Run
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 5.78 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

Did the run this morning and will do the swim tonight with Beth.

Note to self - any run over 40 minutes you have got to start bringing hydration with you! Hour run today and it really hit me. Only about 70 degrees but the RH was 100% and it just about killed me. Well, maybe not killed me, but I definitely felt it. It was tough. Just another learning experience.

Got back and started the coffee and as I was walking by the window, saw a momma and daddy duck in the back yard. They are so darn cute. Waddling around almost as if they were saying, "Where did the water go?" Heh.

------------7:45---------- 

Swam.  Felt good.  Going to look when I did it last time to see if there is any difference.   

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Bike
  • 1h 21m 27s
  • 21.20 miles
  • 15.62 Mi/hr

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 46m 12s
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 32s /100 meters

Pacing
LT
WU: 400 swim then 6x50 on 15" rest.
MS: 10x100 @T-pace +3". Your rest is 15".
CD: 300 easy.

Did the swim this morning, doing the run tonight after work.

I'll have to look this swim up to see how it compares to the last time I did it. I know, from an exertion perspective, it felt easier than I remember. Then again, it has been a month and I've slept since then. ;)

I'll fill in more later. Too much to do right now.

Edited next day:

I didn't run last night. Had to wait for the grocery delivery, and by the time it came it started to rain and I just didn't want to get wet.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 02m 20s
  • 18.03 miles
  • 17.36 Mi/hr

Big Gear
Power
Start in big ring, easiest gear. Spend 3' in each gear gradually working your way to hardest gear (total 27'). Leaving it in big ring, hardest gear, do 10 x (30" grind, 30" all out, 30" grind, 30" stand). Do 5' grind in big ring, hardest gear. Gradually work your back to your easiest gear by 1' for cool-down. Grind means sitting back on saddle, turning pedals over, not worrying about cadence.

Strength

Period AA
Sets 2-3
Reps 15-20
Speed Slow
Recovery 1-1.5'
AND Core #2 - 2x
Time 75

Ok, so there is something terribly weird about my HR data.  There is no way I got up to 234.  Per the graph, it was when I was doing my warm up.  I didn't do anything different.  A few track stands (getting quite good at those) but nothing hard.  Nothing draining.  I don't know why my HR shot up like that.  Curious. 

And then, during the actual workout, my HR dropped down to average about 160.  Huh.  I think I need to have someone take a closer look at my bike workouts.  Probably not for a while, but I will, one of these days.  

I liked this workout, though.  Hadn't done it before.  Like the feeling in the legs afterwards.   

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 1h 20m 01s
  • 8.34 miles
  • 09m 35s /Mi
Bike
  • 44m 44s
  • 9.30 miles
  • 12.47 Mi/hr

Recovery
Very Easy
Easy spin for 30 minutes in small chain ring. No HRM, but keep the effort very easy.

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 10m

So we went out to a Korean Karaoke Restaurant/Bar last night. It was a friggen blast. It isn't one of those bars that you are in front of everyone. This is different. You have a room, as big as your party. They have them for as small as 2 people and as large as 30. You then get to perform in front of your friends. It was hilarious. And somehow, it also grades you on how well you sing the song. All automatic. The only bad thing is it was on the north side of town so we didn't get home till almost 2.

Made for a rough run this morning. Took a good 2 miles to get the rust blown off the legs from the beer and the lack of sleep. And then it wasn't till I was almost done, with 2-2.5 miles to go that I realized I had been in zone 2 too much and that I was starting to pay for it. Also happened to be my hottest run of the year so far. Glad I brought my hydration belt along. I needed it. Badly. It was only about 70 when I took off but heated up quickly. Kind of liked it, though. Better than being cold.

Did a reverse brick too. Biked after the run. Which made a big difference. Calves still super tight. Really need to stretch them more afterwards.

And when all of that was said and done, I mowed the lawn for a little over an hour. Now I have to go to the grocery and pick up fixin's for dinner and have that going by the time Beth gets home. I hate it when she has to work all weekend like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Of course, it had to be the first beautiful weekend. HA! Oh well.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Swim
  • 1h 17m 15s
  • 2651.76 meters
  • 02m 55s /100 meters

Form Swim
Speed
WU: 600 (200 free, 200 kick, 200 pull).

MS:
12x50 on 20" rest (each one gets faster) Then swim a 600, swimming the 2nd 300 faster then the first 300. Next is 6x50 kick on 15" rest. Then swim 2x300 on 30" rest. #1 is pace, #2 is as fast as you can.

CD: 200

Bike
  • 2h 41m 39s
  • 43.45 miles
  • 16.13 Mi/hr

Wow. Long workout day.  Almost 4 hours of training.  Interestingly enough, I'm not that wasted.  Thought it would kill me, but it didn't.  How's that for a good sign.

So, the second 300 I did at the end of the workout, the fast one?  Did it in 5:15!  And that was at the end of the workout.  Felt pretty good with myself.  

I went further than I was really supposed to on the bike but I'm trying to make up a little from missing last Monday.  Now I only have to make up another 15-20 minutes on my spin tomorrow and all I will have missed this week is a 1 hour run.  I'll take it.  

It was such a lovely ride today.  Weather perfect.  Ride perfect.  Makes you love life. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 4
Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Focused on left side of back and shoulders.

Ok, so first and foremost, why in the world have I waited this long to get a massage.  January was my last.  I have got to start getting them more often.  My left side of my back and shoulders were brutal.  Just brutal.  She worked and worked and worked.  God love her.  She gave me an earful afterwards too that I need to get in more often.   Man does it feel good now.  Think I'm going to try to start scheduling them every 3-4 weeks.  I need to. 

Secondly, how cool is it that you can log massages!  Love it.  Just love it.

Well, I haven't quite decided yet if I'm going to do my run from yesterday, or not.  Probably not.  Going to let this wonderfully relaxing massage just carry me through till tomorrow's workout.

Happy Friday everyone.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9

crowny2's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance