Bike
  • 34m 50s
  • 12.40 miles
  • 21.36 Mi/hr
Run
  • 24m 29s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 07m 54s /Mi

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 5
Swim
  • 18m 11s
  • 731.52 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

Guess on the distance. Dang that water is cold.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5 Overall Workout: 3
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

According to my plan, I'm supposed to run and swim today. But since I'm racing on Saturday, I'm treating today as a recovery day and going to swim tomorrow, in Racine, and maybe a little jog. Maybe.

And frankly, even if I wasn't racing on Saturday, I have a feeling I would be changing my workouts around anyway. I'm beat. Absolutely exhausted. Two straight days of fairly intense workouts have taken it out of me.

So tonight, I mow the law and pack. That's it. Can you log packing? ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 27m 20s
  • 24.17 miles
  • 16.61 Mi/hr

Big Gear
Power
WU: 15'
MS: 12 x 1' - (30" fast, 30" sprint) 3-5' FULL recovery. Start out sitting and pedal very hard getting up to race speed, once you hit 30', STAND UP and REALLY push hard on the sprint for another 30'. This will hurt. A lot. It's supposed too!
CD: 15'

I'll do the ride tonight after work. Skipped the weights this morning because I'm so tired. I loved those workouts yesterday, but mercy did they take it out of me. I was the walking dead last night. I think, too, I'm going to take tomorrow as my recovery day, and do a light OWS on Friday in Racine to get ready for the SoR. Kind of a mini-taper.

Funny thing about this upcoming race. I'm totally looking forward to it, but I don't have the same nervous anticipation I've had for races in the past. Actually, that kind of nervous energy seems to be less and less before each race. Don't get me wrong, I still love to race. I train to race. It is the competitor in me. Maybe it is because I'm getting more used to the pre-race routine. I'm actually in a routine, and so now it is not so much nervous energy, but anticipatory energy and focusing on what i have to do to get the job done.

Interesting.

------------------------8:30-------------------------

Tough ride but I liked it.   

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 52m 29s
  • 5.78 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Raise LT
Race Specific
10 minute warm-up, start out slowly and build to Zone 2, after 7 minutes do 4x30 second accelerations building each repeat faster. Take at least 1:00 between each to recover and prepare yourself for the next acceleration.

Main set is 3 x 5 minutes at LT, #1 should have you ending your 5 minutes at just about mid-Zone 3. #2 should see you finishing right at Zone 4a. #3 should have you finishing right at Z5. Between repeats you will get a rest interval of 3 minutes. The 3 minutes should be easy enough to allow your heart rate to come back down to Zone 2.

After your 3rd repeat you will run a 10 minute cool down and stretch for at least 10 minutes. Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

Swim
  • 1h 11m 52s
  • 3108.96 meters
  • 02m 18s /100 meters

Pacing
Assess Fitness
WU: 500 warm up. 8 x 50 on 15 sec rest.

MS: 1500 yd TT (time trial) for time. After TT - swim a very easy 100. After easy swim -3x200 at the same effort at the TT - on 15" rest.

CD: 200 - Your TT time for the 1,500 is divided by 15 , to get your avg. pace. This pace is now known as your T-Pace.

I did the run this morning and will do the swim tonight. I'll also down load the run workout then too. I'm quite excited to see how I did. I love, love, love this workout. What a great way to work in some tempo work. It was awesome. I'm interested to see how my HR matches up to my speed, because I know I was flying on that last 5 minute tempo run.

-------------12:45pm---------------------

I'll be leaving that picture up top for Lucy/Christine till the end of my season out of respect for her.

-------------9:20PM---------------

Swim was super tiring.  Wow.

In the 1500, the first 500 was 9:27, second 500 was 9:56 and the third 500 was 11:35??????  Whoops.  Must have swam and extra 100?  Ok, so now I need to see what I did.  Looks like I still only did 1:55/100 time.  Huh.

I'm tired.  I'm not doing the weights in the morning.  I need to sleep in. 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 31m 58s
  • 7.29 miles
  • 13.68 Mi/hr

Bike Base
Endurance
Easy spin for 30 minutes in the small chain ring. No HRM, but keep the effort very easy.

Strength
  • 30m

Period PE
Sets 2-3
Reps 8-15
Speed Fast
Recovery 3-5
AND Core #1, 2, and 3
AND Personal Weakeness (stretch)

Time 75

Did the Strength at lunch and will do the ride after work.

Nice weekend. Fun watching Jay at the Criterium yesterday. Beth turned to me and said "Why aren't you doing this?" I love that woman. She loves to watch me compete and this stuff is so much more spectator friendly than Tri's. I won't give up tri's but I will definitely think about doing these next year. I'll go check out the Tuesday night races too to see what those are like.

---------------------6:15pm------------------------

DOH!!!!  I joined the club!!  Yep, I forgot to unclip.  In front of a car.  I'm such a dolt.  But definitely worth laughing about.  Just a little scrape above my knee.  I seriously was spacing out.  HA!  Fortunately, it was just a lazy ride.  Guess my mind was being lazy too.  Now I've got to clean up and go get some food.  Me Hungry! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 59m 33s
  • 19.56 miles
  • 19.71 Mi/hr

Strength
Race Specific Prep
After 15' wu, ride a rolling course, sprint the uphills and on the flat section go into your race pace effort. Go right into the run brick.

Run
  • 30m 01s
  • 3.59 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Strength
Race Day Specific
Off the bike, start out easy - get your bearings and pick up the pace gradually. After 10' you should be at race pace - remember to hydrate and run even paced. Try to run race pace for at least 10-12 minutes.

Huh.  Well, I guess I need to push it some more on the run.  Thought I was doing pretty well, but I didn't even make it into Z4!  And I thought I was going quite well.  The bike portion was great, so that is good.  Just under 21mph average for the last 45 minutes.  I'll take that.  But only 7:46/mile on the run.  Need to push that more.  Hmmmmm...... well, something to think about before this coming weekend. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

crowny2's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
Time
  • December's totals