Big Gear
Power
WU: 5'
MS:
4x30" sprint - with 1' recovery
4x1' sprints - standing 2' recovery
4x30" sprint again with 1' recovery
CD: 5'

Yeah.... ummm..... OW!  That workout hurts.  Particularly the middle set of 4x1 sprints.  Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 53m 25s
  • 2377.44 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

Pacing
Assess Fitness
WU: 500 warm up (wu). 8 x 50 on 15 sec rest.

MS: 1000 yd TT (time trial) for time. After TT - swim a very easy 100. After easy swim -2x200 at the same effort at the TT - on 15" rest.

CD: 200

Your TT time for the 1,000 is divided by 10 , to get your avg. pace. This pace is now known as your T-Pace.

Run
  • 56m 09s
  • 5.79 miles
  • 09m 42s /Mi

Raise LT
Race Specific
WU: 10'
MS: 6x5' at LT w/3' recovery.
CD: 10'

Swim was great. 1:45/100 average on the 1000!  And I actually think I might have gone faster.

Run was brutal.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 43m 32s
  • 10.06 miles
  • 13.87 Mi/hr

Bike Base
Endurance
Easy spin for 45 minutes in small chain ring. No HRM, but keep the effort very easy.

Easy ride with Beth.  She is getting so much more confident.  I love it. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 42m 21s
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 19s /100 meters

Form Swim
LT
WU: 400 swim then 6x50 on 15" rest.
MS: 10x100 @T-pace - 5". Your rest is 15".
CD: 300 easy

Run
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 6.05 miles
  • 09m 55s /Mi

Endurance run.

Ok, so this weekend got a bit weird.  Yesterday, I helped a friend, who does wood working, install a large cabinet system at another friend's house.  After that I was going to go for a 1.5 hour ride.  Yeah.  Not so much.  I was beat.  That thing was H  E  A  V  Y!!!!  I was dead.  I knew I would get nothing out of it if I went.

This morning, I went for the swim, which, I must say, was awesome.  Each 100 was at 1:45 or better!!!  I was so stoked.  Little mistake on the first one and did it a bit too fast at 1:38!  Oops.  :)  Anyway, got home, put on the running stuff, and took off.  Supposed to be a 10' WU, 40' at 10k race pace and a 10' CD.  Got close to the end of the WU and knew that it wasn't happening.  So, adapt, improvise and overcome.  I turned it into an endurance run.  And probably a good thing I did.  Last 2 miles my HR was high into Z2 and tickling with hitting Z3.  I just couldn't get it down.  Not too terribly hot today, but I think my body was trying to tell me something.

So, sometimes you need to tell the body to HTFU.  And sometimes you need to listen to it.  In hindsight, I'm glad I listened to it.  I think I would be paying for it if I hadn't.  So now, off to start getting ready for Vickie and Lyle to arrive.  Can't wait to see them.  Been way too long. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 2
Sport
  • Home Improvement
  • 2h 00m

Helping William install the 300+ pound piece of furniture he built for Debbie. I hurt. That thing is friggen HEAVY.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8.5

Let's see.  If today is Friday, that must mean RECOVERY DAY!! 

Thank the door for that!  I'm down right exhausted.  If I tried to do a workout today it would not be good.  It was all I could do to get out of bed, much less come to work.  If I didn't have a conference call and a meeting with my new boss today, I probably would have played hooky. 

I guess that also means I can do a little more introspection. 

This time, less about training and more about BT in general.  I think this last week or two has really shown, at least to me, just how much BT is really like a family

Just like a family, people leave.  Sometimes unexpectedly.  Sometimes tragically.  And then, you get wonderful nuggets of news like Possum's newborn or the other two announcements (one is having twins and the other just found out by an overjoyed wife).  The entrance into the world of a new life.  The growth of a family.  The addition of a new member. 

And, just like a family, we have our disfunction.  Flame wars.  Battles over the same subject.  Lines are drawn.  People chose sides.  Sometimes fantastic information is shared and people may change their minds or at the very least learn something.  Many times, the people recognize that they will agree to disagree.  And then you will see two people, that seemingly never get along, agree on something, or one gives the other positive feedback in a RR, and you remember that, yep, we are all here for the same thing, and we are a family.

I think what makes BT most like an extended family is the support, sometimes unconditional support.  And that support can be incredibly surprising and touching.  Take, for instance, the Virtual 5k run in Lucy's (Christine's) honor a few weeks back.  Or the sheer number of posts in Deanna's thread when she was battling for her life and losing a limb all at the same time.  And she wasn't even a member of the family yet.  But she is now.  And what a member she is.

But what touches me the most about that support is, as shown above, it isn't just about triathlons.  It isn't just about multisport, or improving on your swim, or bike, or run.  It is about supporting our family, our little BT family, in living.  In the every day ups and downs that everyone has, not just triathletes.  Knowing that support is here, whenever you need it, can be invaluable to many.  And frankly, can make a difference in someone's training and more importantly, their life.  It could potentially make the difference between them working out or not, or even continuing to train and race.  Ultimately it makes a difference in their over all health.  Physical and mental.

So thanks to my BT family.  For everything.  I'm so glad we found each other. 

To those who are racing this weekend, race your race.

To those who are training this weekend, train safe.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 1 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim
  • 31m
  • 1280.16 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

Form
WU: 200 easy. Then 'swim golf' = 6 x 50 on 15" rest & count strokes. What combination of time and strokes gives you the lowest 'score?' (Ex: 43 strokes + 45" = 88).

MS: Swim a moderate effort using the same stroke count in WU set. 5 x 100 (10") moderate. 4 x 50 kick (20") moderate.

CD: 200 easy alternating 50 pull, 50 swim.

Awesome swim. 

I started to try to accelerate my entry stroke.  It worked.  The 5 100's I did were awesome.  Each one was 1:44 or better.  And it was definitely a moderate effort, not all out.   And I had quite a bit in the tank when done.  Short workout, but a good one.  Great confidence builder.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 5

crowny2's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • April's totals