Silver Spring,MD 
Bike
  • 21m 22s
  • 7.58 miles
  • 21.29 Mi/hr

ABD Fall Fling TT

Alright, so I didn't do as well as I had hoped on this.  I really wanted to go sub 20:00.  But considering the lack of training I had done over the last month, I'll take it.

Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.50 miles
  • 17.00 Mi/hr

Ride on trainer

Bike
  • 47m 15s
  • 17.45 miles
  • 22.16 Mi/hr

ABD Fall Fling Road Race

So the today was the road race.  Looks like there are more racers today.  It is essentially 2 3/4 laps on a 6 mile course. And off we went.

I had ridden this course already so I knew a little about what to expect.  The first lap was nothing but everyone getting used to the course and to each other.  A few guys would make a mini-attack but would never get out too far and we would wind them in fairly quickly.  We also found out there were a few that were happy to just sit about 2-3 riders back but never pull.  Ugh.  But that is going to happen.

We crossed the finish line and they rang the bell saying one more lap!?!?  WTF?!?!  They screwed up.  But one guy took their word for it and about 1/2 way through the next lap took off.  We let him.  We knew it was a mistake and he would burn himself out.  His fault AND their fault.  We crossed the line again, for the last lap and I was sitting in 5th.  I was feeling good thinking if I could just stay up in the front I should be ok.

We went and hit the first major turn on the last lap, heading East and that is when all hell broke lose.  First, we hit that turn at about 29 mph and then they thought they would up the tempo.  Next thing I knew we were at 32-33 mph and I was starting to lose ground.  I look up and there is a gap and it is starting to grow.  CRAP!  This gap grows anymore and it is going to be a bitch when we turn South and go into the strong 13-15mph headwind!  And that is exactly what happened.  There were about 4-5 of us that dropped off the back, and by the time we finally turned back West to finish up, we were easy 1/8-1/4 mile behind the lead group and the damage was done.

My lungs were screaming.  My legs were burning.  And I crossed the finish line with a smile on my face.  I still had a blast.

30th out of 36.  And I learned a lot.  Again.

I love this stuff.

crowny2's Training Log

October 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time