The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Silver Spring,MD 
Run #1
  • 31m 30s
  • 2.78 miles
  • 11m 20s /Mi

Run 40' - Warm up for at least 10' before the first stride. Run 8x30 left foot strikes - time should be between 19-21". In between each stride you will skip 40 times back to the start - take short rest and repeat. Cool-down with at least 5' easy jog (Zone 1).

Run #2
  • 1h 13m 01s
  • 7.73 miles
  • 09m 27s /Mi

Run on a hilly course or treadmill. Let the HR get up to high Z3/low Z4 on the uphill and keep HR in Zone 1-2 otherwise. Stretch when done and add in Core 1, 2 or 3.

So I got a call late yesterday afternoon and had to go in for some more MRI shots on my shoulder.  So another day to wait to see what is going on, which also means that I didn't get any workout in yesterday.  So I'll do yesterday's run today and do the long run tonight.  Oh well.

DOH! Forgot to wear my HRM on my run tonight.  Oh well, that's ok.  I need to start running further.  I need to HTFU.  This felt good.  It hurt a little.  Just cause I haven't run this far in too long.  My fault.  Nobody to blame but myself.  Still, I'm getting them in.  Now if I could just get my shoulder fixed I could get the swim going.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
No word on the shoulder yet.  I called the Doc yesterday afternoon and left him a message that I had the MRI done on Monday.  They said it would take at least 24hours to interpret the results.  So I figure, if I don't hear from him by Friday, I'll call again.  Heck, I've waited this long, I can wait a few more days.  
That being said, I'm getting a little anxious.

Swim
  • 25m 45s
  • 731.52 meters
  • 03m 31s /100 meters

bunch of kicks and one arm catch ups with my left arm.

Bike
  • 55m 09s
  • 14.88 miles
  • 16.19 Mi/hr

Stay with a smooth pedaling stroke and keep your HR aerobic!

Kick (Regular) - Kickboard Kick or Kick on Back with hands over head, fingers locked.

Bike
  • 1h 29m 49s
  • 26.85 miles
  • 17.94 Mi/hr

Breakthrough: Long warm-up of at least 30 minutes. Then ride a 30 minute time trial all out, race effort. Use a flat, out and back course. This can also be done on the trainer. This is a very hard effort. 10 minutes into the time trial punch the lap button on your heart rate monitor. Afterwards, record your average heart rate for the last 20 minutes. Also record distance covered or average speed. Cool down for at least 30 minutes.

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 30m

Mowing and other yard work.

THAT

BIKE

WAS

FRIGGEN

AWESOME.

Last time I did a bike TT it was on a flatter course.  I only did 20.0 mph, this time 20.8.  It felt great.  I'm still not getting my HR up as high as I'm thinking it should be (?) but I'll keep at it.  If it weren't for a stop sign and a stop light that I had to slow way down for, I have a feeling I would have averaged over 21.  Either way, the ride felt totally awesome.  I really loved it.  I got locked in and just went.  LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.

Oh, and yes, IT HURT!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 5
Bike
  • 1h 58m 52s
  • 30.86 miles
  • 15.58 Mi/hr

120' ride on a flat to rolling course. Keep HR in Zone 1-2.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.35 miles
  • 08m 31s /Mi

Warm up for 10' , After wu, do 4x20" fast with a full recovery between each.

Glad I went on this route today.  I was scouting out for my TT tomorrow and there is some rough grooved construction surface at the end.  So I was able to find an alternative that should work. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 5

crowny2's Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
Time
  • October's totals