Silver Spring,MD 
Bike
  • 1h 55m 17s
  • 34.61 miles
  • 18.01 Mi/hr

Ride from Davenport to just outside of Muscatine. Keeping HR in aerobic zones.

Swim
  • 24m 48s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

200 warm up
4x100 swim 50 kick
200 cool down

First time in the pool in a LONG time.

Bike
  • 32m 21s
  • 10.90 miles
  • 20.22 Mi/hr

Tuesday night Crit at the Ace.  Damn I should have been doing this all season.  This was a blast.  I had an absolute ball and I only got in one race.  Beth was late on the train, not her fault, so we got there and missed the first short race.  It was a 10 lap race. 

Then came the big one.  A 20 lap race.  About 1k per lap.  A's went first and then us B's.  Thank GOD Jay showed up at the last minute.  Even though we hardly rode together, it was still nice to know someone in the pack.

So off we went.  I was going on pure adrenaline and it was awesome.  I stayed with the pack for the first 10 laps and actually went off the front to try to get the mid-race sprint.  I started early in that lap by moving from the back of the pack to about 4 back with 3/4 of the lap to go.  Then, when we hit turn 3, and had the wind at our back, I made my move.  I felt strong and hit turn 4 with lots of speed and peddling my heart out.  I should have gotten out of the saddle cause next thing I know, Jay is flying by me and two others.  I wound up 4th in the sprint, out of about 12 or so.  But I was done.  Shot my wad.  Looking at the Garmin data, I almost maxed out at 203 bpm then. 

Anyway, I lost the pack after the sprint and could never catch back up.  With the wind, it made it almost impossible and I was just so winded.  I went into the night knowing I was going to get dropped so I took the opportunity to try to get my legs back under me.  Finally, with about 4-5 laps to go, the pack caught back up to me, but I made the mistake of trying to get back on the back, but I couldn't.  I should have tried to join up in the middle.  I know for next time.

And then it was over.  I was pretty happy with myself.  Cornering was awesome.  Drafting was awesome.  Acceleration out of the corner was quite good.  All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the results. 

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Bike
  • 1h 28m 02s
  • 24.99 miles
  • 17.03 Mi/hr

Fixed gear ride. Keep in gear where 20mph is fairly easy but difficult up hills.

That was nice.  Lovely morning.

crowny2's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time