Silver Spring,MD 
Bike
  • 57m 30s
  • 19.05 miles
  • 19.88 Mi/hr

Tuesday night crit at Ace.

Crit number 2 for me but the last one of the season for the Tuesday Night Races at the Ace.  This was a long one.  Supposed to be 50 minutes + 5 laps.  Well, they run the bell at about lap 47.  That's ok.  They also did the intermediate sprint at about minute 31+ instead of at minute 25.  Again, that is ok.  Hell, I wasn't even in the pack with that one.

So since this was a longer one, I foolishly thought they were going to take it just a wee bit slower.  HA!  NOT.  So off we go and I'm doing moderately well for the first 5-6 laps.  I then take my turn pulling for a lap and actually kept the pace up, which I'm happy with.  I peel off, and hop on the back and continue to pull but I start to lose focus and was only looking at the wheel in front of me.  Next thing I know he is completely off the back which means I'm off the back.  WTF!?!?  My fault.  So I sit up, and take it easy for a few laps waiting for them to catch up.  Next thing I know there they are and stupid me, instead of trying to accelerate and join the middle, I tried to join the back.  You would have thought I would have learned you can't do that after last week.  Yeah.  Not so much.

So I get dropped.  Again.  Long story short, I finally join back up with the pack with just a few laps to go.  I accelerate to get into the middle of the pack and don't give up my spot.  I take it.  I then set myself up for the last curve and sprint and let loose.  I nipped Jay at the end but he also had 3 laps on me so it didn't really count.

Once again, I had a blast.  Even though I got DFL!!!    I'm gonna do the ABD Fall Fling in a few weeks.  Sure I'll compete, but more to continue to gain experience and get in shape.  This stuff will kick your azz and I love it!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 00m

Bike
  • 1h 55m 17s
  • 34.61 miles
  • 18.01 Mi/hr

Ride from Davenport to just outside of Muscatine. Keeping HR in aerobic zones.

Swim
  • 24m 48s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

200 warm up
4x100 swim 50 kick
200 cool down

First time in the pool in a LONG time.

crowny2's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5