Silver Spring,MD 
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Went to yoga for the first time in a while.  I'll start going again in the off season.  Gotta get ready for this coming weekend.  Looks like it is going to rain both days.  At least that is what the forecast calls for right now.  Hopefully that will change.  Either way, I'm gonna have fun.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.04 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

First run I've done since Pleasant Prairie on August 16.  I think that is a bit too long to go between runs.    I'll start running again in earnest after the four bike races are done.  I'll probably do the off season run focus program.

Oh, I also shaved my legs this morning.  This is a fun feeling!  :)

Bike
  • 2h 15m 22s
  • 38.68 miles
  • 17.14 Mi/hr

Went out and rode to the Road Race Course for next weekend.  Overall just keeping the HR aerobic.

Bike
  • 33m 18s
  • 8.27 miles
  • 14.90 Mi/hr

Nice little toodle about with Beth at the Forest Preserve down the street.  It was nice. :)

Bike
  • 57m 30s
  • 19.05 miles
  • 19.88 Mi/hr

Tuesday night crit at Ace.

Crit number 2 for me but the last one of the season for the Tuesday Night Races at the Ace.  This was a long one.  Supposed to be 50 minutes + 5 laps.  Well, they run the bell at about lap 47.  That's ok.  They also did the intermediate sprint at about minute 31+ instead of at minute 25.  Again, that is ok.  Hell, I wasn't even in the pack with that one.

So since this was a longer one, I foolishly thought they were going to take it just a wee bit slower.  HA!  NOT.  So off we go and I'm doing moderately well for the first 5-6 laps.  I then take my turn pulling for a lap and actually kept the pace up, which I'm happy with.  I peel off, and hop on the back and continue to pull but I start to lose focus and was only looking at the wheel in front of me.  Next thing I know he is completely off the back which means I'm off the back.  WTF!?!?  My fault.  So I sit up, and take it easy for a few laps waiting for them to catch up.  Next thing I know there they are and stupid me, instead of trying to accelerate and join the middle, I tried to join the back.  You would have thought I would have learned you can't do that after last week.  Yeah.  Not so much.

So I get dropped.  Again.  Long story short, I finally join back up with the pack with just a few laps to go.  I accelerate to get into the middle of the pack and don't give up my spot.  I take it.  I then set myself up for the last curve and sprint and let loose.  I nipped Jay at the end but he also had 3 laps on me so it didn't really count.

Once again, I had a blast.  Even though I got DFL!!!    I'm gonna do the ABD Fall Fling in a few weeks.  Sure I'll compete, but more to continue to gain experience and get in shape.  This stuff will kick your azz and I love it!

crowny2's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • June's totals