Lethbridge, AB, Canada 
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1150.00 meters
  • -----

Evening group swim class, "adult stroke improvement", though only 2 showed up tonight so almost a private lesson.

Still working on kicking more. With a swimmer background, the coach is convinced that I need to learn to kick more. I know that's not necessarily true for triathlon distance swimming but it's an interesting exercise to try anyway. Lots of kick with a board to warm up. Then some of all four competition strokes, first with fins for some then without. Towards the end there was a bit of time so he had me try 200 fr focusing on the faster kick but maintaining 3 stroke breathing. With a two beat kick, I breath on 3 strokes pretty much all the time but, so far, I keep running out of air to keep up a 6 beat kick. Working on it.

Run
  • 24m
  • 3.10 kms
  • 07m 55s /KM

Lunchtime treadmill run. 4.7mph for 24 min. and a three minute progressively slowing cool down. Pull downs and stretch after.
HR: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and 113 after cool down.

Strength
  • 06m

Sport #1
  • Badminton
  • 30m

Badminton at lunchtime. Playing partner had a shorter break today.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 1h 15m

Yoga class after work. Instructor said it was called hip openers but was really stretching all the muscles around the hip and not meant to strain the hip joint itself. Seemed to stretch lots more besides!

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.90 kms
  • 07m 55s /KM

Evening treadmill run at home (new machine). Steady at 4.7mph. Seems to work ok, though the deck seems a bit springy. I think it's a feature but it reminds me of running on sand; not really that bad but my shoes scuffed the belt a few times. Going to have to pick my feet up more.

Strength
  • 12m

Pull down weight is total, DB weights are per hand.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Just finished assembling a new treadmill in the basement. Tested the belt alignment and controls with a short faster paced walk. Initial run test in proper workout clothes coming soon.

Micawber's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
Time
  • December's totals