Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Assisted Pullups
  • CHEST - Incline DB
  • LEGS - Leg Press, Single Leg
  • LEGS - Romanian Deadlifts

With the donation this evening, I skipped endurance work today as it can lower blood iron which they screen donors for. However, it's still busy at the gym these days so I had to use some different equipment sometimes during this lunchtime workout.

Pull up weight is the assist and I used a different set of handles for each set. DB press weight is per hand. Alternated reps of squat and deadlift using the same DBs. Then tried a leg press machine. A 45 lb plate on each side and the carriage must be 15 lbs at least. Started a couple pushes with both legs but that seemed too easy so I switched to using a single leg, repeating each set on the other leg too.

The stretching was a longer session than usual too. It included a variety of yoga poses as well as a handstand, against a wall, with half a dozen not quite inverted pushups; more like shoulder shrugs.

Blood donation after work today.

Strength
  • 12m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • CHEST - Flat Bench Press

The machines and benches I usually use were all busy too. I tried a leg extension machine but maybe started with too much weight and figured 1 set was enough for today. Then I used a flat bench with a barbell rack. I put a 45 lb disc on each end and pushed it a couple of times but, especially without a spotter, decided to go down to 35 lbs on each. I'm guessing the bar counts for at least 10 as well.

Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 15m

Again today, the treadmills were all full so I used a gym bike at lunchtime to warm up a bit A few weights and some stretching after.

Run
  • 15m
  • 2.00 kms
  • 07m 30s /KM

Lunchtime run at the gym. Early January so the regular treadmills were all full. *sigh* I used a Woodway Curve manual treadmill with no motor. The belt moves by a user's weight on the upward curve ahead. The further forward you step the faster the belt moves so I found it next to impossible to hold a steady speed. The speed readout was usually in the mid 6 to low 7 mph range but occasionally varied below 6 or above 8. My watch recorded an average HR of 167 with a max of 176. Followed by weights and stretching.

Strength
  • 15m

Weights after running. DB weight is per hand, others are total. Alternated squat and deadlift reps using the same DBs.

Strength
  • 15m

Weights after bike. Lowered the pull down weight for the last set to maintain form. DB weight is per hand, others are total. Alternated squat and deadlift reps using the same DBs.

Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 30m

Indoor cycle at the gym for lunchtime. 30 minutes at setting 12 holding just under and sometimes over 100 rpm. That holds the output display solidly at 3 bars out of 7. HR was just barely getting up to 150 at the end, not breathing hard but starting to sweat. Followed by weights.

Sport
  • Badminton
  • 40m

Badminton at lunchtime. Partner ha a longer lunch break for the first couple of weeks this year.

Micawber's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
Time
  • April's totals