My plan is to leave work a little early and get in a run of 4-5 miles. Shh!

Tonight's plans include getting everything ready for the trip to the old pueblo. We also have Survivor to watch and a little Oregon vs Arizona football game.

"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."

Eunice Kennedy Shriver, philanthropist (1921 - )

Sport
  • Basketball
  • 45m

I had a nice plan for Tuesday. I thought I would run a few miles on the tready and follow with some strength training. Instead, I wandered onto the basketball court and played three games. I was simply looking in on the action when I was waved in. Most of you do not know this about me but I used to be a BB junkie. I would drop everything to play and play until I had no energy left.

Over the past few years my excitement for the game has dissipated. As I have focused on running and improving my fitness my game has deteriorated. I also get tired of playing with kids who think they are all-world caliber while playing in the Gilbert LTF. Go figure. The last few times I have walked out of the gym with some sort of injury. Last night was no different, some dude landed his elbow right on the top of my ear. Ouch! I found out later that I actually have a cut on my ear and this morning the ole noggin' has a bump on it.

So, If you hear me talk about playing a little BB, please talk me out of it.

I should have stuck to my original plan.

Hey, TDT is just a few days away. 

Run
  • 1h 01m 09s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

ooh ooh ooh. I am so excited. I ran the Phoenix New Times 10k. I was able to set a PR at the 10k and finish with a pace just under 10 min per mile. This is one of my short term goals.

I really was torn between doing the training bike ride and the 10k. I chose the 10k because this was also my sister's first 5k race and I had some other friends who were running as well.

I hope everyone who rode is feeling good today (Monday).

Strength
  • 1h 15m
Total Conditioning class at LTF.

azstaterick's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time