Happy Thanksgiving!

Good luck to those traveling for the holiday. Be safe.

I am having a small dinner with my wife and daughter. Tomorrow evening is the ASU vs USC game. I will be there cheering for the Devils. Win and they should go to a major bowl.

I had thought about doing the Mesa turkey trot tomorrow but the spouses (Ken and mine) balked at paying $25 each for the race. So, it looks like we will create our own turkey trot on the canals of Chandler and Gilbert. The reality is none of us need another t-shirt.

With that said, I may try to get up early and watch Sally and Tanya comptete in Goodyear.

Run
  • -----
  • 4.25 miles
  • -----
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Today's plan is to run a few miles with the crew at TTL followed by a strong class at Gilbert LTF.

I met up with Harry, Tanya and Chris at TTL for an evening run. I ran 4.25 and they proceeded to run longer. It was a nice time getting a chance to catch up with the Tour de Tucson stories.

I believe the group was having flashbacks as we crossed the Rural/Scottsdale bridge. We were running northbound when several bicyclists passed us by. The first one shouted "on your left" and the second had a bell "ding" "ding" ding".

I ran the short course so I could sprint back to LTF for a strength training class with Kelly.

Here is today's training plan. Do nothing!!

I feel good today. I am not sore at all. I also managed to not get a sunburn either. Yea! I usually miss a spot. I think this speaks to my level of base fitness that I have been able to attain. Yesterdays race was a fun but challenging ride.

Race Report is up. 

Bike
  • 5h 02m 07s
  • 67.00 miles
  • 13.10 Mi/hr

El Tour De Tucson 67 mile

I had a fun ride. Someone told me Tucson was flat. I believed them at first but I now have knowledge that it is not true. I did well on the hills and felt pretty good for most of the ride. My quads started talking to me at about the 90 mile mark right after the last climb on the crappy road that had everything rattling around. I'm not sure what is worse the constant rattle or the thump thump thump from the road that had chip seals about every ten feet or so.

Thanks for everyone's support. This is the farthest I have ridden on a bike and did not train at all for this race. I purchased the bike in August and have Timex, Soma and one training ride on Usery under my belt prior to Tucson so I am pleased.

Special thanks to Cora's parents Harvey and Nan for allowing us to invade their home for the night. It is appreciated.

azstaterick's Training Log

November 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals