Run
  • 1h 05m 01s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

740 calories.

A little toasty out there.

I did quite a bit yesterday.

1) I took the bike to Paragon for a fitting. The seat was lowered, stem lowered and aerobars adjusted. We'll see how that works.

2) Swam out to the far buoys at Saguaro. I did one lap and then two laps of the inner buoys. I actually felt pretty good out there. I was able to get in a nice pace. Just maybe the Masters swimming is starting to pay off.

3) I ran the hill to Bush highway after the swim. This was a first for me.

I think I may run today.

The weekend is here.

Swim
  • 35m
  • 1350.00 yards
  • -----

OWS at Saguaro

Run
  • 42m 35s
  • 3.97 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1148.29 yards
  • -----

time not accurate. Spent time talking ot others about IMAZ.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 900.00 yards
  • -----

Outdoor pool. The water was nice. For once in my life the swim felt easy. Hmmm

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.50 miles
  • -----

Indoor bike. Too hot to ride outside

385 calories

Run
  • 32m
  • 3.10 miles
  • -----

Tready. Time includes cooldown

109 calories...that can't be right

Sport
  • Race Volunteering
  • 5h 00m

I got home at 12:30a and right back up at 5:30 to return to IMAZ to sign people including me for next year's race. Harry told me I'm nuts. I have a month before I have to pay. As of now there are only about 300 slots taken, So I may decide to see how Boise goes and try for another slot in Nov. I would like my chances since I volunteered for registration and understand the process.

Before the race, I felt confident that anyone could finish if they train for it. After the race, not so sure. There was a 17% DNF rate for the race. You can see why the race is moving to Nov. With that said, everyone else pushed and crossed the line. Just about everyone ran the final 100 yards or so in the chute. So, it can be done.

I missed Pirategirl get her revenge by about 10 minutes. My feet wer tired from standing all day and my body was tired from the sun. I thought I missed her when I looked away or something. I also thought the Cool Kids had already goen home. Had I known they were in the stands I would have stayed the last half hour.

Another 5 hours volunteering today. I'm done. The first two was registration and the rest was passing out finisher certificates. I have to admit that most of the athletes look pretty good today after a shower, some food and sleep. There is some limping around but not too bad.

I'm going to take a nap and will add more later.

I was good all weekend until today. I was not expecting to be out in the sun and got a sunburn from being outside at the awards ceremony. Everyone was out in the sun. I now have raccoon eyes. I also developed a blister on my foot yesterday. I also got some serious allergies and asthma symptoms going on. This is not good.

Sport
  • Race Volunteering
  • 15h 00m

I had a fun time on Sunday.

The day started out at 0700 standing and pointng on McKellips and Haydon. The entire field of bikes took about an hour and a half to come by the corner once the pros passed us. The first lap was nice. The field was fast as the heat and wind had not started yet. The second lap looked good as well until I left. I saw several Bters on their bikes and they all looked strong.

We had three bikes pull over for flats while I was there and Zach, Fitzy, Chris and I assisted as needed. It was amazing to see the number of drivers that had little or no regard to the fact that a race was taking place. One driver stopped right in the right turn lane. The police gave him instructions so what does he do. He turns right and pulls over to the right. Still in the lane. The police give him more instructions so this time he drives down the other lane onto oncoming bike traffic. I thought a disaster was about to happen. The guy finally turned at the last moment into the correct lane.

After bikes, I went to transition to relax before my shift at the finish line. I started the shift by taking the medals out of the boxes and unwrapping them. They covered two banquet tables. We then waited for the first finishers. The first 3-4 of men and women received their medals by sponsors. Hmmm. I was hoping to give Michelle her medal.

I stayed at the finish line until 11:30 when my feet and back were too sore to stand. I did'nt know where the Cool Kids were throughout the night so I just stayed there.

This was an amazing experience (finish line) and would encourage others to try it. For several reasons.

1) I got my picture taken with Michellie and Heather Golnick after they were finished.

2) You get a bird's eye view of the finish chute where everyone runs up and you get to hear Mike Riley call out their names.

3) I got a chance to talk to several athletes including the men's 5th and 6th place winners. Most of the athletes would proceed down to the athlete and medical tents but some would hang around to cool off, wait for someone or just enjoy the experience. This was way cool to have a discussion with pros about their race and the conditions. The consensus is that the wind was worse than the heat.

4) I truly enjoyed placing medals around the necks of the athletes and congratulating them on their achievement. I tried to use their name whenever possible.

5) I was ale to see some TV interviews and magazine interviews that were conducted with several athletes.

It was a great day out there and I am glad I took the opportunity to volunteer. I really felt like I was a part of the event. I am proud of the ESCKTC for representing on Bike Sector 1. Jer did a great job as our captain. 

Sport
  • Race Volunteering
  • 1h 00m

Volunteer meeting and walking around expo.

I enjoyed meeting some Bt peeps from all over the country. We really have a great network of triathletes.

azstaterick's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals