Today is a scheduled rest day. This week's training will not follow the plan because of this weekend's race. I'm going to try to stick pretty close to it.
Bike
  • 1h 42m 45s
  • 23.73 miles
  • -----

1299 calories

Happy Mothers Day

Went for a morning ride with Tanya, Aaron and Dave. One loop of the Red Mountain & Las Sendas route that Robot made. This was fun for me and it was a challenge climbing the hills into Las Sendas. Briefly met up with Cora Lee, Harry and Paulette who came out at a later time. One loop was all I could do today as my legs were fairly shot from yesterdays workouts. Good Stuff

Swim
  • 40m
  • 600.00 yards
  • -----

Outdoor Pool. some drills and chatting with others

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Spin - Hills. Dist is estimate

Run
  • 21m
  • 2.00 miles
  • -----
Strength
  • 1h 00m

Strong class. Chest, quads, hammys, bis, tris, back, shoulders

Busy day at the gym this morning. I felt that I was a slacker most of the week. I started with a swim outdoors.  The water is really nice right now. It is really clear with the sun right now. I think I swam more than this. I started talking to another guy in the lane next to me about the whaleaerobics that were going on. We both agree that there is not much work going on out there. Kinda a social hour. Which is what we were doing. Ha! I resumed my swim and then another girl started chatting. I was quite popular today. She raced Rocky Point and is interested in OWS. She may join us in the future.

I then headed up to take Spin. The class was hills. This was fun and made the hour fly by. I had 30 min before strong so I jumped on the treadmill for 20 minutes. So far so good.

Strong- Really struggled with lifting weights after my gym tri was done. I think it was a fuel issue. I drank Infinit throughout and ate a mini powerbar.

Afterwards, I spent a few minutes in the hot tub and chatted with Tanya as she completed her swim. Overall, a good day.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

yoga & pilates

I was able to get to Masters swim last night. My first time in about 2 weeks. I have been swimming just not in class, so this was nice. My coach found a (nother) flaw in my form. I guess my arm stroke is crossing my body which could lead to shoulder issues. I'll put that on my list of swimming isses to work on.

Yesterday was a busy day shopping wise. I started the day at the big sale at REI. I bought Shelley a few shirts and capris. I got a pair of shorts and a shirt....The fun was just beginning.

I then went to Sole Sports and picked up a pair of the new Zoot Ultra shoes. They are purdy. I would post a pic if I can figure it out. I ran about a quarter mile and walked around to test them out. The clerk who helped me was Katie Ellis. She and her mother are racing in Boise. This will be her first as a pro.

Got home and found out I have to replace my water softener. A $1100.00 bill.

Today, I'm planning on some Yoga/Pilates and OWS swim.

Swim
  • 1h 15m
  • 1968.50 yards
  • -----

Masters Swim. A bunch of drills and such.

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Spin - AE

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.75 miles
  • -----

I'm officially registered for the Tempe Int' Oly. I'll pay for IMAZ in the next week.

Tonight will be a bike/run brick. I may go for a swimmy later. We'll see. It depend on.....

I did not get as much done on the resume yesterday, so I'll be back at it today.

Infinit arrived this weekend. Tonight I'll give it a try.

azstaterick's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals