Not doing much today. Spending some time with my family and hydrating for tomorrows race. It's going to be hot. I will also get my gear together so that the morning goes nice and smooth.
Run
  • 05m
  • 0.50 miles
  • -----

A little warm up prior to yoga

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

You would think that Yoga would be easy after all of the various training we do. It has gotten better but I swear I have the tightest muscles around.

Some info on the job orientations yesterday.

Prudential-

Sales position. I would basically get a small salary for 3 months during training and then go straight to commission only (with some bonus). I will have to network and build leads continuousy. I would get to do financial planning and would basically control my business. I dunno. I have always had a fixed salary. I have an assessment on Tuesday.

Charles Schwab-

Well, I went to talk to Chuck yesterday. I like the location right under Squaw Peak at 24th and Lincoln. This is a call center job. I would service customers and make trades. I would get a salary plus some qtr bonus. What I really like is the training is for a series 7 license. Most other firms are training for a series 6. One can sell mutual funds with a 6 and trade indvidual stocks and sell everything with a 7. I'm not sure if I want to sit on the phones with a inflexible schedule in a call center again. Heck, it may not matter. I took their two part assessment last night that was timed and it was hard. No calculators could be used. So there was a bunch of long division and multiplication problems. I mean seriously, I have not done those problems w/o a calc since junior high. I should hear about this on Monday. 

The job fair was successful. I came away with three information/interview sessions. Two of them are today. I also was told to expect a few more phone calls. So that was nice. I focused on Ameriprise, Charles Schwab, Vanguard, Prudential and Principal.

My resume was reviewed for feedback and the guy said it looked very good. He mentioned that I could take off my military exp. I mentioned that I wanted to highlight the military. He stated that was good and could be brought up in interviews but on the resume it could place an age on me. Ahh! good point. Considering the agony, I went through to write it, the positive feedback was welcomed.

Today, I am meeting with Prudential and Charles Schwab. This will take up most of the day and evening. I have to get dressed up in a monkey suit. I need to find a tie that will work or go buy one quickly. Ties can look pretty dated fairly quickly.

I got my results from the CFP exam. I did not pass. The pass rate was 57% I was not surprised but disappointed none the less. It may have been premature to take the exam prior to getting into the field. With that said, several people were impressed yesterday that I had taken it.

No training today. I can get some in tomorrow. I picked up my race packet for Tempe Int'l yesterday. Taper will begin for Boise starting next week.

I'm heading to the westsiiide today for a job fair. Resume is done. Now the search for a job will begin. This may not be a big deal for most, however I have not had to search for a job in over 20 years. I am a little nervous. Chase announced another 420 job cuts yesterday here in Phoenix.

Depending on how today goes, I'll get some swimmy in tonight.

Bike
  • 1h 23m 36s
  • 19.52 miles
  • 14.01 Mi/hr

I made my own Tour de Chandler/Gilbert. I stopped at just about every light it seemed. I made the mistake of going over the loop 202 three times. Doh! A little windy out there as well.

Sport
  • Basketball
  • 1h 00m

3 games full court

Today calls for a bike ride and swim. I may change the swim to a run as I'll swim on Weds and Thurs. But first, I have work to do around the house. I'm going to job fair tomorrow. I have not worn dress clothes since December. I have more work to do on the resume as well. 

Yesterday turned into a waste. My MIL stayed over on Sunday and Monday. She took me to lunch and shopping which was fine. I would have rather worked on some other things though.

Today is a scheduled rest day. This week's training will not follow the plan because of this weekend's race. I'm going to try to stick pretty close to it.
Bike
  • 1h 42m 45s
  • 23.73 miles
  • -----

1299 calories

Happy Mothers Day

Went for a morning ride with Tanya, Aaron and Dave. One loop of the Red Mountain & Las Sendas route that Robot made. This was fun for me and it was a challenge climbing the hills into Las Sendas. Briefly met up with Cora Lee, Harry and Paulette who came out at a later time. One loop was all I could do today as my legs were fairly shot from yesterdays workouts. Good Stuff

azstaterick's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals