I dropped by bike off with Jer for the trip up to Boise. The race is closing in fast.

I set up interviews with Prudential and Ameriprise as part of the hiring process. I'm happy that I have been able get pass the initial filters.

I had to take Emily's guinea pigs to the vet today. One of them has mites which is causing itching and loss of hair. I walked out $198 lighter. Ooh!

I may get a run in tonight. If not, I'll do it tomorrow when the day is not as busy.

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Spin class - Dist approximate

This process of obtaining a financial planner position is interesting. I had two appts yesterday.

1) Prudential-

Took a two and a half assessment that is a filter to weed out people. The first part was analytical with various word and math problems. I did not have a problem with them since I was able to use a calculator. The second part had 188 questions regarding my education, career, network and skill sets. I should get the next step which is an interview.

2) Ameriprise-

I went to a presentation about the firm and position. The nice thing is I would receive extensive training for the first year. The bad thing is that I would avg 55-60 hours a week on 20k per year and bonus. The avg salary at year 1 is 58k. Year 3 is 140k. The 60 hour work weeks and the commute to Paradise Valley are concerns. When would I train? I have their assessment tomorrow.

3) Charles Schwab-

I went to their presentation last week. I found out today that I did not pass their stupid assessment. It was timed and without a calculator. I did not get to all of the questions because of the time. Just stupid. I can still get hired as a C/S rep and take the series 7 exam on my own. I may consider this.

Hey, We leave for Boise in a week. The vacation and race should be fun. 

Too busy with job application process to train.

Race Report is up!

Today is a scheduled rest day. I had lots of errands to do. Car wash, oil change, going through my closet and research on jobs. check, check, check and check.

Tomorrow, I have three appointments scheduled for jobs. A second with Prudential and presentaions at ICM and Ameriprise.

I feel good today, not sore anywhere.

Swim
  • 32m 47s
  • 1640.42 yards
  • 02m /100 yards
Bike
  • 1h 36m 02s
  • 27.25 miles
  • 17.03 Mi/hr
Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 6.20 miles
  • 12m 54s /Mi

Time est. Splits not up

I had a good time today. Sorry about making everyone wait for my slow a$$. It did'nt help that I was in one of the last waves to start. I do not know my official results but I know I beat my time for Soma. I was on a pace for about a 3:20 until my hammys got tight and my stomach was giving me issues. I slowed down to avoid injury.

You know what I love about us Cool Kids? We support each other regardless if we are racing. Harry brought out the new tent with some drinks. Jen & Zach were there the whole time cheering us on. This was great.

I'll get a RR up tomorrow. After the race, I went to lunch with my family and then came home to take a nap and chill. The heat today kind of wiped me out. I also had some stomach issues on the bike and run. I hope this is not some ominous sign for Boise. I probably will need all of the 8 hours given to complete the race.

Not doing much today. Spending some time with my family and hydrating for tomorrows race. It's going to be hot. I will also get my gear together so that the morning goes nice and smooth.

azstaterick's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals