• 10m
  • 1.00 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 15m
  • 500.00 yards
  • -----

Swim session after bike and run.

Today was suppose to be easy but it was'nt. My body is still sore from Total Conditioning on Saturday. Here is how the workout went. 10 min bike, 10 min run. Repeat 2x each. I then followed it up with a 15 min swim in the outdoor pool. I think tomorrow calls for some of the same. I was in zone 2-3 for most of the workout. My body is sore though

Sorry, I have not been active on BT for a few days. Just busy with job searching and such.

We leave for Boise on Wednesday for a week. We plan to have a nice relaxing week up there aside from the race. The temps call for low of mid 50s and highs about 74. That should be nice. My concern is the cold a$$ water in the lake and being wet to start the bike ride. My goal for the race is to have fun, be safe and finish before the clocks are turned off.

We saw Indiana Jones the other day not bad. I have a new fav song. I will possess your heart by Death Cab for Cutie. Good Stuff

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Total Conditioning

Enjoying the taper. Researching jobs...

I dropped by bike off with Jer for the trip up to Boise. The race is closing in fast.

I set up interviews with Prudential and Ameriprise as part of the hiring process. I'm happy that I have been able get pass the initial filters.

I had to take Emily's guinea pigs to the vet today. One of them has mites which is causing itching and loss of hair. I walked out $198 lighter. Ooh!

I may get a run in tonight. If not, I'll do it tomorrow when the day is not as busy.

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 19.00 miles
  • -----

Spin class - Dist approximate

This process of obtaining a financial planner position is interesting. I had two appts yesterday.

1) Prudential-

Took a two and a half assessment that is a filter to weed out people. The first part was analytical with various word and math problems. I did not have a problem with them since I was able to use a calculator. The second part had 188 questions regarding my education, career, network and skill sets. I should get the next step which is an interview.

2) Ameriprise-

I went to a presentation about the firm and position. The nice thing is I would receive extensive training for the first year. The bad thing is that I would avg 55-60 hours a week on 20k per year and bonus. The avg salary at year 1 is 58k. Year 3 is 140k. The 60 hour work weeks and the commute to Paradise Valley are concerns. When would I train? I have their assessment tomorrow.

3) Charles Schwab-

I went to their presentation last week. I found out today that I did not pass their stupid assessment. It was timed and without a calculator. I did not get to all of the questions because of the time. Just stupid. I can still get hired as a C/S rep and take the series 7 exam on my own. I may consider this.

Hey, We leave for Boise in a week. The vacation and race should be fun. 

azstaterick's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals