Run
  • 29m 08s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi
Bike
  • 56m 03s
  • 16.90 miles
  • -----

Good Times today. Met some new peeps today while out for some runnin and rollin. I decided to run simply because others were doing it. Well, I ended up running to a PR at 29.03.

The bike was fun but no one told me of the big hill on Chandler blvd. I made it up with some effort. trust me when I say that I wanted to stop.

Hot, sweaty and sticky the whole morning. It would have been much easier to stay home in the recliner like dave normally does ;)

Congrats to Mustang Sally for her 2nd place in AG. This is an accomplishment. This race series has some serious runners in it.

Strength
  • 1h 15m

Total Conditioning

Just the usual good times at Saguaro last night. Met a few newbies and a visitor from CA who joined us for some training.

I felt pretty good out there. The water was very warm with the occasional cool spot. I used my pull bouy for added floatation as I just did not feel like working that hard. I swam the night before. My arms were tired but not too bad.

The run also was not as bad. I gave the ladies a treat by running shirtless ;)..Tanya and Chris asked me a few times what was beeping. Turns out it was my Garmin. My heart rate was over the limits set. During the majority of the run, it was about 186. The high was 198 when I finished. I told Shelley about it and she said I can't do that anymore. I usually will slow down once it gets into the 180s but I actually felt pretty good considering I was running up a hill in 100+ heat with some humidity spice thrown in.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1749.78 yards
  • -----

Time and distance estimate. OWS in Saguaro

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.00 miles
  • -----

guesstimate

I had a potentially embarassing moment last night.

I went to the gym for a little swimmy with Shelley and Emmy. They goofed off in the play pool while I swam laps. After my swim, I hit the hot tub for a few minutes.

Anyway, when I got out of the hot tub, I noticed a scratch on my swim jammers. I though hmm. I wonder how that happened. Well, when I took off my jammers while changing I noticed the the back of my shorts were worn thin. So, someone may have gotten a nice view of my a$$. I'm thinking the hot tub chemicals ate through my clothing cause really, i'm not that tough on my clothing.

Some OWS swimmy tonight and run in a different pair of shorts.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • -----

Distance is estimate. Not focused on counting laps.

Not that anybody has asked but my lack of time on BT is directly related to my new job and studying for my upcoming exam. I took the next two weeks off to study and focus on the exam. I also hope to focus on some running considering I have a half mary on 8/31. I have not run any long distance since the Boise 70.3. Just been unmotivated to run in the hot and nasty weather.

I'll get some sort of activity in tonight at the gym and tomorrow will be OWS.

One year closer to the next age group

azstaterick's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • June's totals