Run
  • 3h 15m
  • -----
  • -----
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m
Not sure of the distance. I think it was 14-16 miles. I left the hotel and ran down 42nd street to the Hudson River. Ran along the river around the tip of Manhattan. It was pretty cool running with the Statue of Liberty off in the distance. I then ran across the Brooklyn Bridge and back. I then headed back running through the civic center, chinatown and the east village. I ran back to 42nd street and over to 8th. I felt good. The weather was a cool crisp 55 or so. Shelley enjoyed the marathon. She finished in 5:32. The weather was cool during the race and her joints started to tighten on her. She said she was in pain from mile 10 to the finish. We caught up to her 2x at mile 20 and 25 and saw her both times. Our previous two attempts were failures as she was past the point when we got there. We rode the subway and had to get out and walk two blocks to the race. Shelley said it was the most organized and supported race she has run. The crowds did not seem to bad except for the intersection of Columbus circle and Central Park west. It was nuts right there. The medal is pretty cool.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 3h 00m
Statue of Liberty. This was my 2nd trip to see her. This time we were fortunate to go inside and up the pedestal. Pretty cool. The crown is now open but sold out until January 2010. This was Emmy first time. So it was fun to see her have fun out there. After the statue, we walked through downtown, Wall street and ground zero. Ground zero is no longer a hole in the ground and I saw no visible scarring on the buildings. I was there in 2002 and several buildings still had scars on them. The memorial is being built right now. We went into a visitor center to view models. It is going to be very nice.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 3h 00m
NYC marathon expo. Lots of walking around and money spent. We went and saw Mary Poppins in the evening. A fabulous show. My first choice in the 1/2 price ticket booth. We were about 15 rows up off center. Spent a few hours in the American Girl doll store. I found some chairs to sit down on as Emmy looked at every square inch of the place. Three floors worth.

Off to NYC for a few days. Going to try and get a run in central park on Sat and watch Shelley on Sunday.
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • -----

Masters Swim
12x50 on the 1:30 holding pace.

Bike
  • 3h 01m 52s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 18.48 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 45m 08s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards
Yesterday's race was a tune up training race for me. I am very pleased with the results. I did not have any real time goals, I just wanted to have a good day out there. I did. My swim time of 45:08 includes getting out of the water, wetsuit stripping and run to transition. I felt very comfortable in the water and had some juice left to pick up the pace after the last turn. I was in the 2nd wave, so there was plenty of clean open water for me. Got kicked and grabbed a few times. I had the accidental pleasure of grabbing some girls butt. She was not wearing a wetsuit. The bike course at Tempe events always include a bunch of u turns to keep the race within the city limits. I wore a watch for HR purposes and overall time but did not look at it at all. I was hoping for a 3 hour bike ride. So I am very pleased with this time. I did stop very briefly 3 times. 1) to fill up my aerobottle, since I forgot to in transition 2) I dropped my chain going up the hill under the 202 and 3) to take some puffs of my inhaler on Curry hill. I noticed some wheezing. I felt pretty strong on the whole bike. I fell in love with the Powerbar chews that were being handed out. Yummy! Dave (DavBar12) finished up the race with a solid 2:09 on the run. I asked him to run so I could save my legs for training for IMAZ and I really did not want to be out in the heat. It got to 89 degrees out there. I did come home with a stuffy nose for the rest of the evening. Feel good overall. This is my third year doing SOMA and found it to be the best. The course was marked very well and plenty of aid station support and volunteers. Today is a REST day as scheduled.

azstaterick's Training Log

November 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals