Hey, It's Veteran's Day. So, thank someone who is erving their country or has served. Our military protects our freedom each and every day. Today calls for a 45 minute bike with a 15 minute run. For those interested in running the NYC Marathon with me, the lottery is now open for applications. Next years race will be on my wedding anniversary. 10 Days to go
Run
  • 43m
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----
Ordered a new wetsuit today from Xterra. A full for $159. I thought about just wearing my sleeveless for the race, however I am a wimp in the cold water. Skipped masters swim today as I am fighting off the allergies from the TTL swim on Sunday. Later today is an easy 45 min run.

Today is a scheduled rest day. I feel pretty good about yesterday's training. I felt comfortable in the water with plenty of energy after my bike ride. I did notice that my arms and shoulders were sore last night. I guess this explains why I was supposed to be swimming 3500 or so the last 2 months instead of 2000-2500. I slept like crap last night with nasel congestion and the muscle fatigue. Now, it is time to relax and look forward to race day. I started today off my watching Kona 2005. The blazeman became an Ironman on that day.
Bike
  • 3h 17m 09s
  • 54.31 miles
  • 16.53 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 1h 43m
  • 4375.00 yards
  • 02m 21s /100 yards
The time listed above is an estimate. I had an interesting swim experience. At the start, I ripped my wetsuit right on my a$$. I bent over to stretch and that was all it took. I had no choice but to just enter the water. I then noticed besides the water being colder than 2 weeks ago, that I was wearing my wedding band. I swam over to the wall with about 2 minutes before the start. I stood up and looked around for someone I could give it to. The race announcer was there, so he got to hold it. My band is loose as it is. The water is not a risk I was willing to take. I noticed immediately at the start that my wetsuit was not fitting right. My shoulders were constricted. I swam one loop and tehn stopped at the wall to make some adjustments. I was good to go after that. The next three loops were uneventful. I felt pretty good in the water. When I could, I tried to focus on lengthening my stroke and rotating my hips. The start of my ride was bad. I had a headwind going out to the Beeline. I had a runny nose the entire ride and my breathing was bad along with a spiked HR. The rest of the ride turned out fine. It was great to see some Cool kids doing the swim today.

• RACE DAY: 2.4 Mile Open Water Swim - Tribe Multisport
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.25 miles
  • 19.25 Mi/hr

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----
Not a good swim this morning. I was out of breath the whole time. Probably some fatigue from the travel. I will try again tomorrow. Later, I have an hour run. That's all for now.

azstaterick's Training Log

November 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals