Run
  • 6h 07m 56s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 14m 02s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 28m 59s
  • 4044.70 yards
  • 02m 12s /100 yards
No time to talk today. Sorry! I've got a little race today. Talk to you tomorrow.

Took bike and gear bags down to transition today. Saw our buddy Chaddy at gear bags. Wandered around the expo some more before heading over to the BT house. Good Times. Now it is time to chill for the rest of the day. Big Big Day tomorrow. It has been an amazing journey for me to get to the start line tomorrow. Just over 3 1/2 years ago I decided to run a half marathon and soon after I signed up for a sprint tri. It was something I had always wanted to try. So here I am now starting and hopefully completing the IM. I have learned so much about myself and grown along the way. I have met some amazing friends. To those who have supported and provided encouragement along the way, thank you. I will have plenty of time tomorrow to think about conversations and training events with many friends. I will look back at all the milestones along the way. So, if you see me out there tomorrow say Hi. I would appreciate it. There really is nothing left to do except travel 140.6 to my destination. Wish me luck.
Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----
Practice swim in TTL. I swam to gauge the water temp and try out the new wetsuit. I love love love the new wetsuit. My old one was too restrictive and it took forever to get in/out of. Water temp is 64. Chilly when I first got in but then it was fine. I swam at 0830. Stayed with Tanya and PJ for their packet pickup and then lunch. I had two stretching sessions today. Some ART therapy after the swim and then a chiro stretch after lunch. The nice thing is both of them said I am flexible and well balanced. Tonight is athlete dinner and meeting.

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.50 miles
  • -----
Packet Pick up today. #1486. Went at the right time. No line

Bike
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----
I'm back. I had a nice visit with an old friend. I also went to visit my family's gravesites. It's time to get ready. I have found that my emotions about the race change from day to day. Today, I am not feeling ready.

I'm going back to Cali for the day. I'll be back tomorrow. Today is a rest day on the schedule as it is.

azstaterick's Training Log

November 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals