Bike
  • 3h 17m 09s
  • 54.31 miles
  • 16.53 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 1h 43m
  • 4375.00 yards
  • 02m 21s /100 yards
The time listed above is an estimate. I had an interesting swim experience. At the start, I ripped my wetsuit right on my a$$. I bent over to stretch and that was all it took. I had no choice but to just enter the water. I then noticed besides the water being colder than 2 weeks ago, that I was wearing my wedding band. I swam over to the wall with about 2 minutes before the start. I stood up and looked around for someone I could give it to. The race announcer was there, so he got to hold it. My band is loose as it is. The water is not a risk I was willing to take. I noticed immediately at the start that my wetsuit was not fitting right. My shoulders were constricted. I swam one loop and tehn stopped at the wall to make some adjustments. I was good to go after that. The next three loops were uneventful. I felt pretty good in the water. When I could, I tried to focus on lengthening my stroke and rotating my hips. The start of my ride was bad. I had a headwind going out to the Beeline. I had a runny nose the entire ride and my breathing was bad along with a spiked HR. The rest of the ride turned out fine. It was great to see some Cool kids doing the swim today.

• RACE DAY: 2.4 Mile Open Water Swim - Tribe Multisport
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.25 miles
  • 19.25 Mi/hr

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • -----
Not a good swim this morning. I was out of breath the whole time. Probably some fatigue from the travel. I will try again tomorrow. Later, I have an hour run. That's all for now.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 13.50 miles
  • -----
Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • -----
Two important things to get done today. 1) Haircut and 2) bike for 45 min and run for 15. 17 days and counting to a memorable day in my life.

And were back. Got home late last night. Long trip back. We almost missed our plane. Just stupid on my part. I miscalculated the boarding time. Here we are in the airport two hours before our flight. I decided to have a beer while waiting. But by the time, we got food and through security, we were at final boarding call. Last ones on the plane. Our hotel was a few blocks from Times Square. The positive is that it was close to everything, the negative was the food prices were jacked. Taper starts this week. Yippee! I am starting it off my taking a rest day today. I just simply have too much other stuff to do today. I had an IM nightmare the other night in NY. It was probably a result of my MIL snoring every night. Anyway, I showed up to the race with no nutrition. So, I was panicing trying to figure out if Shelley could run home and get it without incurring a penalty or DQ for outside support. Then I realized that I did not have my cap and goggles. This must be a sign to starting making lists for the race.
We walked all over the place during the trip. I only got one run in but walked enough to make up for it. Monday included stops at FAO Schwartz and the Times Square Toys R Us. This is what I get for bringing a 10yo daughter with me. She did very well on this trip and enjoyed NYC.

azstaterick's Training Log

November 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals