RACE REPORT IS UP! Race details are coming. I just have some errands to run. Someone sent me this poem that is fitting for what we do. Staying the Course By BJ Gallagher Our journey of life is about progress, not perfection. It's not about doing one thing 100% better - it's a matter of doing 100 things, 1% better each day. Progress is evolutionary not revolutionary, and most days we measure our progress in inches, not miles. What matters most is showing up for your life whether you feel like it or not. Ask yourself, "What two or three little things can I do today that would move me forward?" You'll be amazed at how much distance you can cover by taking it in increments. The little things add up; the inches turn to miles; and we string together our efforts like so many pearls. Before long, look what you have - a whole strand!
Sport
  • Walking
  • 2h 00m

Walking on the GGB and up and down Lombard Street.

I escaped SF today and made it home. I'll post more details about the race tomorrow. In good shape except for some serious chafing on my neck. It actually is funny because I was able to quickly identify racers by looking at the neck today.

Swim
  • 1h 08m 32s
  • 2950.00 yards
  • 02m 19s /100 yards
Bike
  • 1h 24m 02s
  • 18.00 miles
  • 12.85 Mi/hr
Run
  • 1h 34m 53s
  • 8.00 miles
  • 11m 52s /Mi

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • -----
  • -----
See AZ forum: Escape from Alcatraz thread. PM: Um, I did something really cool. I rode my bike to and over the Golden Gate bridge. Not sure the distance. I meandered on some trails here and there. Nice clear day with temps about 65. Race tomorrow should have perfect weather. Race officials said water temp is 59. I can deal with that. BT dinner with Aikidoman, Catwoman and Jidicarlo. Shell and Emmy went too. Nice italian cafe in the Marina district.

Planes trains and automobiles (& bus)to SF.
Any control freaks out there? I just gave (last night) my bike to a somewhat complete stranger to take to SF for me. So, if does not show, I guess I'll buy one off of Craigslist on Saturday. It may have to be a beach cruiser or something. Up until last night, we had only spoken on the phone or through email. He's a good guy, so I am not worried. I laid out all of my tri gear last night. Today, I will pack it up. I need to clean up the house as well. I may get a workout in. I'm enjoying a taper if you will. Concentrating on other things at the moment.
HIT training last night with Tanya, Jerry & Ken. The trainer setup exercises specific to a triathlete and asked for feedback after the session. The ten minute warmup session got my heart racing and the ten minute cardio after that sent it up more.

Nice place, big and spacious with equipment and workout areas that you would NEVER see in a gym.

I did not workout yesterday according to the plan. Poor time management skills on my part.

Today calls for a 45' high rpm ride with a 15' run. I'll try to get that in. I also have to pack and take my bike over to someone for transport to SF

azstaterick's Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals