• 1h 01m 04s
  • 5.68 miles
  • 10m 45s /Mi

Run
  • 34m 46s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 11m 13s /Mi

Treadmill- cadence work

Man, today I did not want to run. I really tried to talk myself out of it, but knowing my matrathon is just over 2 weeks away, I figured I had to do something. And that is basically what this workout was, it was something. It was a short slow run, but nonetheless, it was a run. I can only take solace in knowning that I did get up and do something.

I have really started to dread my workouts, and I am not sure that is the optimal feeling to have 15 days before your marathon.

Run
  • 53m 25s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 41s /Mi

3:19 PM

Today I have a 5 miel run scheduled and unfortunately it looks like it is going to be a dread mill run. One thing I want to focus on is my run cadence I have never even looked at this before, but I was talking to a friend of mine today and he asked me about it. We discussed it awhile and I figure that I should take a look and see what my cadence is while running. I am hoping for a cadence of 90, but I doubt it will be that high.

So I figured out that my run cadence now is approximately 86 and my HR stays around 154. When I did focus on my cadence, it made my run seem easier, I do not know if that was because I was focusing on something besides the miles or what, but this is something I need to look into more.

I am really starting to get nervous about this marathon, I have been in such a funk these past 2 weeks that I really am starting to wonder if I can even finish it. I had a goal time set, but now I am questioning that as well. everything is up in the air for some reason... I don't like feeling like this.

jford2309's Training Log

November 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • June's totals