Run
  • 53m 58s
  • 6.07 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Bike
  • 29m 55s
  • 6.65 miles
  • 13.34 Mi/hr

Setauket Bike Path w/ Brandon. We ripped up the climbs - first time going sub 30 on the trail!! With 500ft of climbing that's not too shabby!

Bike
  • 1h 31m 10s
  • -----
  • -----

LIFE this year has been very rough and challenging.  The Pandemic has been a shit show.  My Dad passed in March.  Our first Family Dog "Sneakers" passed 10 days ago.  I'm upset with most of the worlds Governments treatment of human rights and disregard for the natural environment.  I am grateful though, that I have two things: FAITH and HOPE.  

HOPE that everything will be okay...and FAITH there is a loving Creator that has a plan.    

Despite all of these daily stresses, as always, I need to start eating better... healthier.  No excuse to keep eating junky junk food.  At 189 pounds this morning.  Oy.  Need to visualize the scale in the 170's and eventually 160's... 

And lastly, the company I signed a consultant agreement with pretty much told me they're too busy to onboard me right now.  The good news is the consignment deal is complete.  They took into there warehouse 140k line items and are listing/ selling the items -- which I'll receive a nice commission percentage on.  But beyond that deal, originally I was supposed to sell their other in-house services and basically serve in a Business Development role; but the owner (whom I'm good friends with) told me the operations person said 'they don't have the capacity to support any new business that I would bring in right now.  Maybe in the future'.  And since I signed an exclusive with them, I'm pretty much a fucking stick in the mud right now.  Normally under these circumstances I'd be like "Great!  I've got plenty more time to train now and I'm still going to get some income from my one deal"...  but there are no races.  And I need to re-establish myself in the industry.  I'm turning 46 in September and I need a strong back-half of my career if I'm going to have a halfway decent retirement.  

I guess the silver lining is financially I'm still in an okay, but not ideal spot.  And I get to spend lots of quality time with the wife and kiddies, which I will look back favorably upon in my senior years.  

WoW -- this has turned out to be quite the Dirary Entry!!  

Took a rest day.  Attempting a B Crit race tomorrow and wanna be somewhat fresh.  The key word being "attempting"... 

Swim
  • 20m 18s
  • 964.88 meters
  • 02m 06s /100 meters

Felt awful and awfully slow. Paying for the two bratwurst and 2 liters of Orange Crush soda I drank over the course of the weekend. It was 4th of July weekend after all!!

Run
  • 43m 28s
  • 4.51 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

Bike #1
  • 1h 25m 40s
  • 18.76 miles
  • 13.14 Mi/hr

L'Etape du Tour Stage 1
205 avg/ 219 NP

Bike #2
  • 07m 29s