Swim
  • 08m 50s
  • 400.00 meters
  • 02m 13s /100 meters

Very dissapointed with the swimming leg...no with my swimming...but...the real problem was that I couldn't performe a good swimming not because of me...cuz...the beginning of our wave was the worse that I have had in my triathlon life...more than the usual kick and punch combat...there were too many people in our wave (All Female 40+, Athenas, Female Fat Tire and Relays)
It was like a pack of buffaloes in stampede crossing a river...LOL..women jumping over others...passing over...
Just when I jumped into the water and lifted my head...I had to back off a little when I saw the pack in front of me...It was a completly messy mass of heads, arms, elbows, legs and feet...WTH...???? all this mass till the first buoy...BTW...somebody smacked my nose with her arm at that point...then from the first bouy till the second...I was stuck behind a huge mass of slowly swimmers jammed all together...and...were all around me...it was too hard to pass them...and...it was finally at the second bouy 1/2 way to the Swim Exit when I finally pass them and I could start swimming with my usual constante pace...but...the time losing here...costed me the 5th place of my AG...and...Podium...Grrrrrrrrr!!!!
I think next time...I will need to be very aggresive...jumping and passing over women in that way I don't get stuck behind the pack...

T1: 02:56
A fast transition like usual cuz I needed to recover my time losing in the swimming...
I was the fastest in my AG and 121st Overall of 780 participants...
A long run in the soft white sand from the swim exit till Transition...maybe 1/4 mile....ufffff!!!!

Bike
  • 31m 58s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 18.90 Mi/hr

It was a nice bike ride...going to the famous and beast Rickenbacker Bridge...I could feel the headwinds coming from the west...but...then in our way back to Transition tailwinds...very nice...!!!

But...unfortunate we had to deal with a shocking view in our bike leg... a very serious and bad accident with the leader of the Race...Miguel Tellez...a very well known Pro-Elite Triathlete from South Florida...
He was hit by a car in an intersection controlled by a police officer...WTH...How this happened???...I think this police officer screwed up...
And all the Pro-Elite Male Triathletes didn't continue and finish the Race cuz they stayed with him in support till the ambulance came and took him to the Hospital...
Here is the news in the newspaper:
http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/1107564.html

I was smocking in my bike very focused when suddenly I saw a red SUV in the middle of our way...and...I had to reduce speed and almost stop...to round the car...and..in this point I saw the bike in front of the car...and...a pool of blood...apparently when he fell...he hit his head very bad...
Everybody that passed that point was in shock...at this point we didn't know who was the person that had the accident...till...we finished the Race...Very Scary!!!
You don't expect something like that in a Race with a closed road...and...intersections and entrances or exits controlled for the Police...

Very sad incident..."Miguel...We are with you...Sending positive Vibes on your way...and...Hope you have a fast recovery"

T2: 00:52 The fastest in my AG and 79th Overall...

Run
  • 25m 34s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 15s /Mi

A nice run like usual...but the heat and humidity...Ufffff!!!

Total Time: 1:10:10

That's Ok....Every year is the same...I got 6th or 7th in the 1st Trilogy...but...then...my revenge is in the rest of the Trilogy....

Even all the circunstances...It was a great Race like usual...!!!

I got 6th place in my AG 45-49 of 22 women....well...We were 24 women in our AG but 2 were awarded out of the AG...one in the Female Overall and other in the Female Master....

41st Feamle Overall of 189 women...

255th Overall of 780 participants...

One women (Linda Robb) of my AG was 1st Female Overall and 10st Overall....She is the fastest women of all Florida and has been 1st Overall in our AG in the USAT National Rank....and...a good friend of mine Marylou Brunett got 3rd Female Master Overall....Good Job Marilou...!!!

Last Update: MultiRace.com just sent an e-mail to everybody to give the good news about the Pro-Elite Miguel Tellez...He will be OK:

Multirace.com Update

Dear Leonora,

As many of you know, Miguel Tellez, one of South Florida's best triathletes, was in an accident at today's race.  While initial reports seemed bleak, he is going home from the hospital today.  He has a cut on his left knee, a concussion, and some stitches in the head, but very minor considering that he crashed at over 40 mph!  Thanks for your concern and we hope to see him back at the races real soon!

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Your Multirace.com Staff

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Mandatory Day Off for me....Race tomorrow...

PhotobucketTrilogy#1....Yahoooooooooooooooooooo...!!!

We got our Race Packages yestertday....My Buddy got the Bid# 350 and me Bid# 349

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 31m 40s
  • 3.40 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Easy...easy...it's was hot...Ufffff!!!

Swim
  • 21m 18s
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters

Easy 400 mts to warm up and then aletrning easy/fast laps...

7:00 am: Getting ready for my last run for this week...till Race on Sunday...

We will pick-up our Race Packages at the bike store Mack Cycle in Miami this afternoon after my Buddy work and then will get carbo load with our best girlfriend Andrea in our favorite Italian Restaurant "Di Napoli"...Yummmmmy!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8.3
Bike
  • 40m 45s
  • 11.50 miles
  • 16.93 Mi/hr

An easy nice bike ride...legs feel great...!!!

Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 2h 00m

10:30 am: Mowed back and front yard again...Damn these rains...the grass is growing up too fast...!!!

7:30 am: Leaving right now for my last bike ride for this Week till Race on Sunday...It will be an easy and short one...10 to 12 miles to move and shake legs...

Run
  • 1h 03m 50s
  • 6.81 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

An easy run...

Swim
  • 21m 43s
  • 1072.90 meters
  • 02m 01s /100 meters

7:00 am: Getting ready for my run...

Bike
  • 1h 12m 54s
  • 20.50 miles
  • 16.87 Mi/hr

An easy bike...but...some intervals....
My legs feel great...with power...I can't wait for the Trilogy#1....

Swim
  • 36m 15s
  • 1706.88 meters
  • 02m 07s /100 meters

A nice/easy swim...some speedy drills...

6:30 am: Getting ready for my bike ride after worked with the horses...

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 15m

11:00 am: Mowed back and front yard...

7:00 am: Getting ready for my bike ride after worked with the horses...changed my plans...I have cranked very hard lately that I decided to give a rest to my legs......but...planning maybe a  swim...

It will be an easy week...Race on Sunday...We will start the most famous Sprint Series in South Florida...The Mack Cycle Trilogy Series...in Key Biscayne...they are the most competitive, fast and tough Sprints in South Florida....I have been racing this Series since 2005... I love these fast Races...and...I know that I'm Super-Competitive......Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....!!!

Rain...Rain...Go Away....!!!

velorider62's Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance