• Walking
  • 1h 05m

as prescribed with the pooches and Dave

Worked at the lake house in the yard for a bit in the morning.  It wasn't in bad shape, but the sheer size of that yard...yikes!  Only got a bit done, but I figure one labor intensive weekend for clean up and one to mulch all the beds and it should be good to go.  I am thinking since I'll probably be riding Thursdays and Fridays at ILRA I may just stay out there.  My only fear is it will get dumpy, and won't be my happy place (happy neat clean new fresh organized place...all the things my Troy house is NOT) if we are there every weekend.  Time to face the fear of clutter.  It is one of my goals don't cha know...more time at the lake! 

In the afternoon Kaity and I went dress shopping again to no avail.  Gah!  Next up, Davids Bridal and then I don't know where.  :(  I just want my beautiful daughter to have a dress that she loves and feels pretty in, that won't cost 2 car payments.  Is that too much to ask???

  • 1h 00m
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 03m 20s /100 meters

practiced siting, porpoising,turning around buoys

  • Transitions
  • 1h 15m

practiced wetsuit removal, t1 and t2 with coach

It was HARD to get up early to go swim!!!  But it was sooooo fun today!  I've discovered that I suck at porpoising and am good at turning around buoys.  Well, maybe not good, but my body and brain actually figured it out quickly and I was able to do it!  :)  I'll take that!  We did lots of sighting after swimming the perimeter of the pool  a bunch of times.  Coach had us doing it every three breaths and yeah...I'm not too good at that either, but I do ok with my old method of every 8 strokes or so.  If I could fix my stroke into less of a "windmill" or very rythmic one into a more syncopated stroke (yes my coach has been working on this with me ...FOREVER) I'd be better at it.  Meh.  The whole group was so bad at the porpoise thing that Tony joined us in the pool to demonstrate.  He makes it look soooooo easy.  Nope.  Not so much!   After class I asked to watch his stroke underwater as Andrea had corrected me about being to wide and shallow on my stroke.  It was good to see it done the right way.  Now if I can only mimick the master, I'll be set!

After shopping and chores I headed back to the shop for the transition clinic.  I learned a lot of little things to help expedite the transitions.  I've always practiced them, but never had a concrete plan to follow.  Now I have one.  If I can actually execute it is another thing all together! :)  We worked on wetsuit removal first (he timed us...yes I still am slowish, but I wasn't last!)  and then we went outside in the crap windy cold weather to do t1 and t2.  Both methods of getting on the bike are different than what I do now.  It's gonna take lots of practice to get it right for this very ungraceful girl, but hey...why  not.  I know I can shave time in t1 and t2, but getting faster on the run is gonna take a LOT more pain!  Ok...mounting my bike in a new way may create some pain when I fall, but I'm good with that! :)

  • 1h 01m
  • -----
  • 15.74 Mi/hr

on the red devil in the hood of Troy

Windy, sunny, full of construction and stops the first 15 minutes, then....ahhhhh.  I felt a bit like my old self.  Cadence was up, speed was up, (maxed at 25.8...that felt gooooood) legs felt decent and kept this mostly ar, except on the tiny rollers into the headwind.  Progress!

Iced a bagillion ribbon cookies and now it's off to the jazz benefit concert at the high school.  :)

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5
  • Walking
  • 45m

around the lake with Sherry Baby

Today the cookies actually look like ribbons...Yay! 

Got some weeding and baking done, and lots of kiddo stuff running around.  Congrats to the THS Jazz Band, who got straight 1's at the MSBOA State Jazz Festival today! :) 

Went for my scheduled 45 minute walk in Sherry's neighborhood around the lake, and I'll be damned if it didn't hurt.  WTF?  Come on quads...time for the healing baby!  Seriously, I didn't expect to feel my quads just walking around.  Hmmmph.

Well, it's off to bed so I can get up at 4:30...not to race!  To get my boy off to the bus for his school trip to Chicago.  Then it's my turn next week for my last orchestra trip with my orchestra babies.  Tissue please! it bad that I ate my body weight in blob sugar cookies today?

  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 6.25
  • 57m 30s
  • 2500.00 meters
  • 02m 18s /100 meters

wu 100swim,50k,100s,50k,100s easy,faster mod
5x300 (did #3 at 350)build sets
300 kick steady
300 cd easy

I screwed up my swim set...I forgot my w/o at home and neglected to do the 6x50 easy that was written, but when I was going over my splits I realized I did an extra 300 set, so at least the distance was correct!  Still feeling like a tug boat in the drink, and the quads were angry pushing off the wall.  I practiced flip turns during the c/d and I still suck at them! :)

I got a chance to work in the yard a bit before the Orchestra trip felt great to be in the garden in the sun!  I only got a tiny bit done, but at least it's a start.  Lots to do here plus the lake house!  OY!

After the meeting I made some sugar cookies that are for a cancer fundraiser concert Kaity is in on Friday.  They look like blobs instead of ribbons.  Some of them were sooooo ugly, they needed to be disposed of.  They were DELISH! :)

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 7
  • 44m 30s
  • 10.52 miles
  • 14.18 Mi/hr

on the red devil in Troy

I was kind of a bum today.  I spent way too much time pooping around on the internet.  :)  I did get a few errands done in the afternoon and got caught up with my neice with a nice long chat.  All the major stress is out of her life, and her pregnancy is going great now.  She can't see her feet anymore when she looks down (hee hee) and she's back to working out 3 days a week.  That was very good news to hear. 

I picked up some new insulated water bottles at REI with my dividend.  I figure I've got some long hot rides coming up this season, so I might as well be a little better prepared for them. 

I was able to go downstairs today with out holding the handrail!  Progress on the recovery front!  Woo Hoo! 

I rode around the nieghborhood again, but my hr was wonky.  I started out in the mid 40's and it took like 12-14 minutes before it got up more than 20 beats.  Then later in the ride it was in the low 130's which is endurance for me on a very slight incline.  And I mean slight.  The quads did not like the stop and go....I just tried to spin high cadence and light on the pedals, but it didn't feel good like on Sunday.  Me thinks my legs are still mad at me for Saturday.  :)

  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 5
  • 45m
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

300 wu
6x200 sets...variable speeds
500 cd

Woke up 2 times instead of 4...hey that's a 50% improvement! 

Got quite a bit done errand wise, talked with my coach about the race, and swam with the Fraser peeps.  Got a hug from my swim buddy Scott!  Haven't seen him in an age!  To quote Coop, I felt like I had lead in my pants for most of the swim.  But, it did feel kinda of nice to be in the water, even if I didn't really have any speed to speak of.  I hope the legs are better for it tomorrow. 

Race report is done.  :)  Still smilin' about Saturday!  Cause my legs haven't let me forget just yet  that I'm a marathoner now...and I've got the ouch to prove it! ;)

  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6.25

TrishM's Training Log

 April 2010 
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 
  • April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2018 totals
  • 2017 totals