Congrats to My Kaity!  The Grad Party was a blast in spite of Mother Nature's bumpy start! :)  No training, just party prep and enjoying celebrating my Kaity.  As I was working on the picture board she was practicing and playing...I'm going to miss her bass soundtrack in my life when she goes off to school!  

After the official party was over, Jo, Dave, Arnie,  Andrea and I toasted our grads with a bottle of wine Dave has had for 10 years earmarked for the occasion.  It was a mighty fine glass of red! :)
  • 40m
  • 1005.84 meters
  • 03m 59s /100 meters

350 wu
2x275 on 5:00 vo2max pace
2x25 all out pursuit
100 cd

  • 1h 55m 55s
  • 25.76 miles
  • 13.33 Mi/hr

From LCHS to Metro and on the path out and about for the duration.

  • 1h 30m 14s
  • 9.50 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

racepace minus :30 per mile, 1:00 walk for duration

Late to swim, so I missed 2 vo2max sets...thank goodness.  Pursuit was fun, but man are Dominoe and Andrea one tough duo to beat...we never did catch up, and it was 5 against 2, they had to swim 50's and we had to swim 25's.  Ah to be young and speedy in the drink! 

Then to the bike...easy paced riding from the high school.  We hit a few spots where we could get some speed up, but mostly it was very easy paced.  At metro, Tony V went into a parking lot and chased a ton of seagulls into flight...awesome to see.  Wish I'd had time to take a video on my phone, but the best part was nobody got pooped on!    I saw MSU Dan twice on the path but the first time I wasn't sure it was him, and the second time he was gone too quickly before I could hollar hello!

The back to the highschool to run.  
Everybody else had an hour and I had my race pace experiment run that I'd moved.  We started out together with Tony sporting his short shorts and no top (much to Pam's dismay).  A couple minutes into the run we passed a gaggle of walkers in their forties, and Tony jokingly runs by quickly all puffy chested and after he passed them, acts like he's winded and stops and put his hands on his knees...just as I was approaching.  How could I pass up the opportunity that pressented itself?  So I smacked him (much harder than I hand was killing me!) right on the butt!  Uh oh!  :0!  I passed the group cause I was running a bit faster, but when they approached you bet I covered my fanny!!!  There will be some sort of payback for that....I just know it. 

The actual running went pretty well though.  I wore my fuel belt,practiced nutrition and drinking when I walked.  My hr dumped about 30 beats when I took the breaks, and miles 5 and 6 were kinda tough to hold pace, (starting to burn more fat then?)  but the last couple were a tad faster.  The cool part was I was 1 second faster than pace.  Very interesting.  I didn't feel toasted at the end of the run.  I cooled down on the track, stretched and motored home.  Good morning of training with Fraser peeps!

Then it was grad party city ending up at Jo's for Meggies.  We jumped on the trampoline and laughed our heads off together!  I love my cave sister!  And I ate like I'd done my IM yesterday...3 full fore each workout I'd done today...ooops!
Tomorrow is our party for Kaity and it's gonna storm.....booooo!

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6
  • 2h 30m 02s
  • 38.99 miles
  • 15.59 Mi/hr

LC High School to Metro Beach, to the GP War Memorial and back, with Tony, Greg and Pammy

Well, I didn't get killed, so that's a good thing.  I don't usually ride the roads, and we were on the trail to Metro beach for a tiny bit of this ride, and the rest road...some with no shoulder, and lots of grumpy drivers.  Add to the fun that we rolled past a park that was having fireworks (um, that was fun at dusk) and seriously, I'm pretty happy I didn't get picked off.  Tony babysat me for a bit when the traffic got nasty, but overall, I was just bringing up the rear having never ridden Jefferson Avenue before.  Grosse Pointe sure is pretty to ride through though, and the sound of the water was really nice.  Riding on the horns however, is not fun.  I had a serious pain in my neck and hands from this ride, but there was no avoiding riding that way, and I leave my road rig at the cycle lab.  I missed Baby for this ride, big time. 

I was planning to swim, but Tony, Greg and Pam wanted to eat, so I split for home when no one else showed.  I got the pleasure of watching the tale end of Zombieland with Dave and the neighbors, then we toddled home to bed. :)  

  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike #1
  • 1h 34m 29s
  • 28.50 miles
  • 18.10 Mi/hr

2 loops ILRA with the fabulous Miss Trixie

  • 59m 21s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

ILRA path from Kent lake...watched Trixie and Ranger fade into the distance! :)

  • 37m 40s
  • 2286.00 meters
  • 01m 39s /100 meters
Bike #2
  • 56m 40s
  • 12.27 miles
  • 12.99 Mi/hr

1 loop with the fabulous KL!

  • 20m

itb exercises...all

Fun fun fun!  I love my BT training days!  Met Trixie for 1.5bike/1hr run brick pre swim, swam with the gang and rode one more loop with KL! 

My knee was a bit cranky during the first and last 20 of the place when I warmed up, good old itb on the hilly bits at the end.  No problems when I rode with KL though.  My neck/upper back felt better!  YAY!

I started the run with Trixie and Ranger and watched them fade in to tiny Trixie and Ranger then lost them all together! :)  They did loop back for me once and Ranger dropped back at the end for a bit with me, but my happy pace and their happy paces just aren't the same ya know?  I really enjoyed being able to just run speed work, no holding back to ar, just go with it.  It was nice to happy pace run again!  I did get a side stitch, and stopped twice for a second to try and get the hr moniter to pick up, which it didn't.  I just went by rpe and pace to keep it in zone 1-3. 

Then we swam.  The stupid rubber suit from hell was a bitch to put on (still sweaty from the run?  trying to put it on quickly cause I was last as always?) and I never got the crotch to the right place, and proceeded to put yet another tear in it trying to adjust after lap one.  Damn it.  I have TONS of tears in that new suit.  :(  I did have a pretty good feeling swim though.  My arms were a bit tired on the way out, but I started last and caught up quite nicely.  The way back was good too.  And we did a half lap and back and that was fun.  I tried to catch Ranger on the way back...I closed the gap pretty well, but couldn't actally catch him.   I focused on long and wide for about half of the swim.  I think I had a good swim cause I was all warmed up from the ride and run. 

*adjusted the distance from the garmin to a better guestimate after Fromers inspire...still can't be right though...sure wish that 310xt was more accurate in the drink*

Then we biked a loop.  I got to ride with KL and spin out the legs a bit.  It was great to chat while we rode and to see all the speedy's flying by! :)  I hope she gets her baby back soon!  Her road rig is fab, but I know she wants to play with the newest member of her bike stable! :)  After changing we headed to Leo's and I had a fab dinner!  It took FOREVER to come, but was delish once we got it.  Good times with great peeps! 

Oh, and a special thank you to KL for the treat pre-dinner!  NOM! 

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike #1
  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

fit with Tony at Fraser

Bike #2
  • 1h 30m
  • 27.28 miles
  • 18.19 Mi/hr

24 wu
2x14:00 threshold 3:30 ar
5x(85,100,95,105,90)@1:00 alt.
6 cd

  • 20m

itb exercises

Got my fit today with Tony...his approach was very different than Tom's at Bikesport, but not a ton changed on the bike. A little change in the aerobars and the seat.  He did however, do a ton with my cleats to correct my foot postioning.  I've had lots of knee crankiness on the right side (itb stuff) and he made lots of adjustments, but was more concerned about how the mechanics were on my left.  So now I'm good to go and just need to bring in my road shoes to match up the cleats, so no matter what I'm riding, I'm riding the right way! :)  Then for giggles and kicks he tested out (the same way my sports med doc did when I was originally diagnosed with ITBS) my glute strength.  Left...not too bad, right...complete fail.  It's back to the itb exercises, and a few more Tony suggested.  Booo.  Can't do a pull up and have wimpy buns!  Work to do, work to do! 

On the bright side, I had another really good workout in the lab.  Held threshold at the prescribed cadences for the sets and felt pretty darn good during them.  Don't much care for the cadence drills, but it sure beats isolated leg drills! :)  I am either well rested or getting a tad stronger.

The deck and house got power washed today, the windows are tomorrow and the tent set up as well.  That party is coming!  Dave and I will be getting lots done Friday to pull it all together.  Yippee! :)

Looking forward to tomorrow night at ILRA!  :)

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7
  • 1h 05m 49s
  • 6.31 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

7 min wu
2x12:00 Tempo 3:00 ar
1x3:00 Threshold 3:00 ar
2x1:00 Vo2max 3:00 ar
1x12:00 Tempo
7cd (walked)

  • 1h 30m
  • 24.18 miles
  • 16.12 Mi/hr
I heard my husband yell at the girls for being too loud at 2:30am, but didn't hear a THING when the storms rolled in at 4:15.  Deadwoman sleeping! :) 

I had every intention of getting up and going to Macomb trail to do my run and bike, but I slept in (so needed it) piddled the morning away, started to dread my run (read avoid) and finally go to it at the heat of the day.  Not so smart.  BUT...I was able to complete the workout as prescribed, talked myself out of quiting a couple minutes early on the last tempo (gawd I was HOT and POOPED) repeat and happy that I did.  I didn't need to quit cause of pulled or tweaked bits...I just was tired and hot.  Too bad...ironmen get tired and hot.  So princess sucked it up and finished, and  I had tempo left in the sticks, so yeah...that was a good decision on my part! :)  The demons are gonna come out on the marathon in Florida, I just know it, and I gotta be ready to tell um to F off!

After running Kaity to study with the principal bassist of the DSO (who happens to be dreamy and 24...oy) we hit the arabic restuarant we're hiring to cater the grad party.  Nom!  Then I was off to the lab to do my easy recovery ride with Steve, who is now the newest member of Team Fraser!  Yay!  :)  I got to just cruise along and encourage him as he did his functional threshold test.  His power card will be very close to mine...his ftw is 3 higher than me, so  the race is on! LOL!  He's a total fish and FAST runner, so yeah, the race isn't really on, but the smack talk definatley is! :)  We celebrated at DQ for a "recovery" cone.  Hmmm, I like the sound of that! ;) fit and training at ILRA.  Gonna volunteer if they need any help at the tri I think.  Should be fun!

  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8
  • 55m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 53s /100 meters

6x100 wu
8x75 swim,catchup,swim :20 r
8x75 6+3, swim, mdps :20
100 cd

  • 1h 30m
  • 26.00 miles
  • 17.33 Mi/hr

24 wu
4x5:00 Vo2Max, 5:00 AR
4x1:00l,1:00b,1:00r,1:00b alt. AR/EN
10:00 ar

Short on sleep, tired from long week, yard work for party, stressful child relations...yep.  It must be Monday.  Was totally dreading going to the lab knowing how much it sucked last week to do vo2max, and knowing it would be a minute longer per interval.  My ass was draggin', and Dave just looked at me and said...this is what you want.  So off I went.  I was super tired driving there, but I just got on Baby and started to pedal (after stretching first...very ouchie today in my lower back).  Then I started to feel a bit better.  I had no problem holding fact, I didn't even realize the interval was over till I heard everyone downshifting to AR.  Say what???  That has NEVER happened before!  So I figured I'd be gassed on the next intervals, but I just kept cruising.  My strongest vo2max ride to date.  I've a new system.  Stop staring at my watts, and focus on my pedals, checking every now and again for proper cadence and power.  Worked like a charm!  That and I didn't race on Sunday.  My what a difference a week makes! :) 

It was awesome to have done some quality work and feel BETTER than when I walked in the door to the lab.  Really awesome!  Sue brought in cupcakes from her birthday, so I partook (fuel for the swim!) and we headed to the pool.  I had a good swim, then tried pull ups.  I suck.  I couldn't even rip one off.  So Andi assisted me and I did 4.  Then Tony being the stud that he is had to come over and do one single armed.  Dude.  I am weak!  Time to get back into the gym for heaven's sake. 

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.25

TrishM's Training Log

 June 2010 
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   
  • April's totals
  • March's totals
  • 2018 totals
  • 2017 totals