• 1h 06m 07s
  • 6.93 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

20 wu
3x1 mile repeats 200 jpog recovery at 10k plus 10 secs (shot for 8:30's)
20 cd

  • 1h 00m 03s
  • 11.67 miles
  • 11.66 Mi/hr

recovery ride on the DRAINER! BOOOOOO!

I had no workouts this morning when I checked my email, so  I worked on the estate stuff, my partner stopped by with paperwork, and by the time I checked email again it was too late for me to jam in the 1.5 hour run let alone the recovery ride before having to leave with Kaity for her lesson.  Grrrrrr!  Adding insult to injury was the fact that yesterdays workouts which I actually accomplished had an added 30 minute run to it! GRRRRRR! 

By the time I got home, I had to figure out dinner, clean out the fridge, eat and grocery shop before running.  I switched my runs around to do my track work out instead, and lord help me, ride the DRAINER afterwards. Super sad face.  :(

The track work was good...I ran to the middle school (found the short cut from Livernois....somebody was smokin' some weed back there I just know it!) did the mile repeats(little ouchie in the butt...both sides.  Not enough to quit...just annoying) and ran home.  That was pretty fun.  But the drainer....yuck.  It felt sooooo good to do my recovery spin out on the trail last Saturday, and tonight it just plain sucked.  Thank goodness I had the first Closer of the season on dvr to enterain myself.  Still...sucky.  At least I got it done.

  • 1h 23m 04s
  • 22.20 miles
  • 16.04 Mi/hr

Willow loops with Dave
zone 1,2

HR was janky again for first 15 minutes of the ride...was in 180's to 210'

  • 1h 04m 04s
  • 3850.00 meters
  • 01m 40s /100 meters

Lake Erie breakwall swim with Dave, Steve, Beth, Marie and Curt

Started the day volunteering at the big golf outing for Companions in Courage (Team Fraser's charity) at Lochmoor CC in Grosse Pointe, watched Dave Z and Paul T (Fraser's owner) give retired hockey player Pat Lafontaine(he started this charity and will be racing IMFL with us...#6 for him I think) a sweet ass Cannondale Slice carbon tri bike,  and got my picture with him.   :) 

After my shift at about 1:15 I headed out to ride. I could have ridden Belle Isle, but I decided to call Ranger cause I knew he had a short day and we met and rode Willow.  And got rained on...again.  Hmmmm.  This is kinda becoming a theme this summer! Then we headed over to Dave's friend's house to do the long swim.  It was a great swim for me.  The water was quite calm (not the norm I'm told) and it was great to just SWIM!  I felt really comfy on the whole thing...I just (as usual) kinda of spaced out focus wise somewhere on lap 3 of 4...but my stroke and breathing were totally relaxed.  I worked on glide quite a bit and sighting of course.  I still swim to the bloody right all the time.  I quized my fishy friend Steve about it when I got back on the boat.  Unfortunately, there could be a ton of reasons I swim to the right. :(  A work in progress, just like everything else in my life!

When I got home, the house was pretty much a wreck (I'd been gone all day) there was a bonus kid, and one on the way for sleepovers, the dogs had made a mess in the living room and Dave was in hiding upstairs!  Got it all cleaned up, unpacked and tried (FAIL) to work on his dad's estate stuff till my head hurt(of course since my quicken upgrade, I can't produce the updated reports the lawyer wants! GRRRRR) Still, even with the rought ending to the day, a really great Monday!

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75
  • 32m
  • 3.10 miles
  • 10m 19s /Mi

from lake down Williams lake road and back..

Well, I wasn't exactly hydrated for this run what with the beers last night a 2 cups of  coffee this morning, but it was only 30 minutes!   Wore my old orange asics I keep at the lake and they were comfy but heavy.  I need new shoes big to figure out a happy medium between light and worn out at 150 miles, or heavy and expensive!  I was pouring in sweat again even with the breeze and short time, but it was probably 82 or more by the time I ran.  Garmin died 7 minutes in, so the time and distance are estimated. 

I decided as I was drinking coffee on the deck, watching all the little planes buzzing overhead and reading my magazine, that I wanted to do stuff at the lake and was gonna blow off my swim.  Bad Triathlete.   But...I'd missed time on all my workouts all week long except my two lab sessions and the long run yesterday (went a tiny bit over) so I figured I'd carry out the theme and attend to some details at the house.  The front shrubs were trimmed, leaves were raked, weeds (only some of them mind you) were pulled, the garage was straigtened a bit, and of course the house got it's farewell cleaning before I went home.  Dave and I tried to score some items at Costco I'd wanted for the lake (fail) and hit the Lowes for a few other things and got on a filter kick for the water softener, blah blah, blah.  Still, it was fun to work on the house together and get a few things accomplished.  My friend Peter was right...chores at the lake really are easier to do.  I'm looking forward to staying there for a whole week when the kiddies are traveling!  Woot!

  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
  • 1h 37m 30s
  • 10.05 miles
  • 09m 42s /Mi

IM walk/run
5 min wu walk to jog
1:35 walk 1:00, run balance of mile...repeat
5 min cool down

  • 1h 38m
  • 24.80 miles
  • -----
Hit the trailhead at 7:30 for my run/walk.  Practiced fueling (didn't gu at 1 hour like I should have...1:17) and enjoyed the run.  I was SOAKED when I got back though.  YUCK!  I wiped down with my transition towel, chatted up my neighbor in the parking lot while I pulled my bike gear together (he wanted to know if I was one of those triathletes. LOL!) and headed back to the trail for my recovery ride.  It was spectacular.  The day just could not have been better for training.  Lots of people out using the trail, and it's a really nice ride.  I rode until I ran out of pavement and turned it around going about 25 minutes short of my scheduled time.  A recurring theme this week.  Yell  Gosh, my legs LOVE me when I spin them out after running.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  It was soooo nice to be hitting some nice speeds in the AR zone.  Now if Florida was just down hill and with a tailwind the whole 112. I'd be golden! ;)

Then it was shower and to the lake.  We had a bbq, did some cruising on the toony boat, the boys fished (and caught) and finished the night with S'mores at the fire.  All child and dog free.  It was a slice of heaven!  Jo and I had a blast swinging on the hammock, laughing and talking running, and laughing at my goofy brother being goofy!  The corona's wern't bad either! All three of them! favorite number! :-)  Fancy that! Man, I love the lake house! 

(garmin charging...loading data later, but didn't hit my overall pace on the run this time.  BOOOOOO!  Had 2 slow miles...and my legs must like running better after biking, cause last time I'd ridden 2 hours then ran.  I repeat....BOOOOO!)

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75
  • 1h 30m
  • 26.80 miles
  • 17.87 Mi/hr

30 wu
3x:10 peak power 2:50 ar
1:00 peak, 4:00 ar
5:00 peak, 10:00 ar
20:00 time trial
10 ar cd

YAY!  Time Trial testing is DONE!!!  I think I will have a watt increase this month.  Since I haven't tested since the beginning of May, that wouldn't surprise me.  I won't find out till next week though. 

Ron  at Fraser is a rock star...he switched out my funky band today on the garmin, so I'm good to go!  Woot!  Love that guy!  He solves all my equipment issues lickety split. 

Now, it's work time...lots to do for the weekend.  Wish I had a long ride on the schedule so I could join in the fun at Hell.  Oh, well...I'll make my own hell running/walking my IMFL pace tomorrow.  :) Then I'll get to do a nice leisurely recovery ride.  Ahhhhh!

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Swim #1
  • 32m 46s
  • 1775.00 meters
  • 01m 51s /100 meters

5x100 wu
20 min tt
150 cd

  • 39m 02s
  • 4.08 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

ILRA with Ranger and a shitload of horse flies!

Swim #2
  • 24m 31s
  • 1280.16 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

trout lake out 11:54
back 12:37

Another trip to AA to pick up Kaity after sleeping blissfully in.  So needed it!!!  Got the full report on the car ride home and she is PUMPED to be going to U of M.  She has a packed schedule (18 credit hours, the max) but is totally excited for the start of the next chapter in her life.  That and her english class is going to focus all the writing on FOOD!  That's what we pay the big bucks for...choices.  Only now she'll be able to critique our cooking verbally and with pen and paper.  ;)   Heavy sigh of Mommy worry relief.  Of course, it will be confusing and hard for her at the beginning, but I'm confident that she'll be just fine.

I got my swim test in today, and some work at ILRA in the rain.  Ranger was the only one from BT who showed, so we did our thing...ran in the rain for 40, (chased by the god awful biting horse flies! UGH!!!), walked to swim (more flies and mosquitos too) did the usual out and back, and then a quick short loop on the bike.  I've got the bike test scheduled for the morning, and he's probably riding long on Saturday, so combine that with  the run we jammed in, and being hungry, and you get a short bike.  I have only done one workout this week that was the prescribed time.  I kinda suck, but oh's what I can do this week.  At least I got my swim test done today.  Improved just a tad, but I'll take that.  :)

  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8
  • 1h 15m 57s
  • 19.69 miles
  • 15.55 Mi/hr

Hines drive with the Fabulous Kimm, till she left me in her dust!

All ar power (part of my recovery ride from yesterday

Rode very early morning with Kimm on Hines.  We started and finished together (she had a tempo ride and me ar) and it was really nice to ride while the sun was rising...a big orange/red fireball!  Beautiful!  For added ambiance, we both saw the kid under the Inkster overpass playing his guitar and welcoming the morning (or perhaps saying goodbye to the night).  Awesome!

Then it was clean up and off to U of M again.  Got stuck in a huge traffic jam and was a bit late, but got to see Kaity for a second between sessions.  She seemed much less stressed so that was good.  I figured no phone call yesterday evening was a good thing.  It is going to be very overwhelming when she goes back.  I certainly hope she takes advantage of all the services they have to help students adjust and be successful at the university.  Hopefully when she comes home tomorrow, she'll feel better about going...less unknowing.  She'll have her class schedule, her audition date, will have eaten at her dorm and hopefully be excited about September.  We shall see. 

I am mentally and physically toast.  I was to powertest today in the lab, but I think I'm gonna defer till the morning.  I'll run and swim (BIG FAT MAYBE) after I take a nap and eat a proper dinner.  I didn't really eat a good dinner last night(ran instead), nor lunch today(snacks and cliff bars)...add that to the heat, mental blahs and early get the picture.  Me pooped.

  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

TrishM's Training Log

 July 2010 
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
  • March's totals
  • February's totals
  • 2018 totals
  • 2017 totals