Sport
  • Yoga
  • 23m

Revolution - Day 1 - Practice Ease - Yoga With Adriene

It was great to get outside and ride yesterday and I even have a mild sunburn to show for it. Not sure if I'll get out today or not. While I was out riding, I came across a young woman out walking and recognized her as my hair dresser. She has moved in with her dad, who lives just a few blocks from us, since she's not getting paid during the furlough. She gave me some tips (at a social distance of course) on how to cut my bangs if it comes to that.

Bike #1
  • 2h 00m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 12.50 Mi/hr

Took a longer morning break and rode solo. Very windy out of the SW.

Bike #2
  • 1h 15m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 12.80 Mi/hr

Rode with Steve while he test rode a Tarmac and a Roubaix. Didn't want him to stress his new knee so did the pulling when going into the wind

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m

Home - Day 26 - Keep | 30 Days of Yoga With Adriene

Skipped Day 25, it was another of those "lie around and breathe" practices. Probably would be great for an evening practice but not what I need to jumpstart the morning

Monday afternoon turned into a really pretty day and I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood. I will say this much -- with everyone home, I'm seeing a lot of families spending time together in their yards now. I guess people aren't having to run their kids from one after school program/sport to another.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 16m

Home - Day 24 - Uplift | 30 Days of Yoga With Adriene

Last night the Dirty Kanza announced that it's moving its 2020 race date to September 12. We have the option to a) participate and do nothing, our registration will automatically be moved b) defer to 2021 at no cost c) get a refund.

Within an hour of receiving the email (keep in mind that this was sent out to 2,000 participants), Steve and I both tried to get lodging for the September 12 date. Nothing. Nada. Either the hotels have blacked out that weekend or everything is already booked up. I read on a forum that hotels are supposedly calling people who had reservations for the May weekend and offering to transfer. Great, I had already cancelled our May lodging.

My "A" race (assuming it still happens) is Steamboat in mid August, and the following weekend is Gravel Worlds. I think wedging another tough race into September is going to be too much, and that's assuming that the COVID-19 is under control by fall. Which is might not be. I realize that racing is a First World problem but dammit, I really hope the world is back to normal by that time.

Leaning toward deferring to 2021.

Bike
  • 2h 30m
  • 32.00 miles
  • 12.80 Mi/hr

Rode with Barb and Brenda and headed west, rode some of the gravel roads around Loami. Wind was kind of tough coming back but it sure was good to get out

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Home - Day 23 - Focus | 30 Days of Yoga With Adriene

Decided to skip Day 22, which was another very slow, low-key practice.

Saturday turned into kind of a sloth day --- my seasonal allergies have been kicking in and it was a cold, overcast day. Cleaned the house and that was about the extent of any activity. Today is supposed to be a nicer day weather-wise, with sunshine and warmer temps. Have a bike ride planned, just need to figure out wind direction and route.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 11m

Home - Day 21 - Boost | 30 Days of Yoga With Adriene

Only did half of this practice. Found the slow pace was not what I wanted this morning.

Bike
  • 2h 22m
  • 31.00 miles
  • 13.10 Mi/hr

Nice outdoor ride with Brenda (practiced social distancing)

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 23m

Home - Day 20 - Still | 30 Days of Yoga With Adriene

The weather was supposed to be really warm and sunny this morning so I had planned to take off and take advantage, but now it looks like rain is in the forecast. Afternoon might be better. I'll play it by ear.

Our bike club board is considering cancelling the club's main event --- the Capital City Century, which is not until September. When i first received the email from the club president (asking board members for input), I thought it was an overreaction. But he pointed out that our main sponsors -- Scheels and Springfield Clinic -- will be feeling the pinch. Scheels isn't even open right now, although they are doing curbside pickup. Springfield Clinic is overwhelmed with the COVID crisis and it seems wrong to ask for money during these times. The ride starts and finishes at a local community college, which is of course closed and it's hard to predict where things will be in the fall.

So I get it, and voted to cancel the event along with the majority. And it also makes sense that other events are cancelling even though they are scheduled for later in the year.

abake's Training Log

April 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals