Bike
  • 2h 30m
  • 26.00 miles
  • 10.40 Mi/hr
We got up early and drove over to Hannibal -- plans were to meet Steve's DD and her family at a festival for lunch. We learned there was a gravel ride prior to the festival and a guy we know invited us to join. Rode with a group of 11 and had a great ride. Afterwards, lunch with the kids.

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 8.00 Mi/hr

MTB at Lewis trails with Brenda

Gorgeous day, it is starting to feel like fall. Lots of spiderwebs on the singletrack, some of which I cleared with my face. Ugh...
After riding, Brenda and I went to Core Life and sat outside.

More yoga and a step aerobics class from Youtube. Trying to mix things up a bit. Cut the grass and did stuff around the house.
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 14.00 Mi/hr

Sweet spot intervals

Did some weight work today and a bit of yoga. Just putzed around the house most of the day. Energy level is still a bit low.

There was a glitch in the bike ride software for this past weekend's ride where a cutoff date for getting a t-shirt (August 23) was not entered. I'm calling it a glitch but really it was an oversight on the part of the guy who set up the site at RunSignUp, and then our club president missed it. President is not really a detail kind of person, so not surprising. I came on board with the RunSignUp process late in the game, so hard to say if I would have caught it.

But about 100 people were allowed to order a shirt and then had to be told we didn't have a shirt for them. Most took it ok, others were really pissed (can you blame them?).

So I spent several hours today going back and forth with club president on how we are going to handle this, and it's going to work out, these people will eventually get a shirt but man, what a pain this whole ordeal has been. I have nothing but respect for race directors who have to deal with this sort of thing.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 10.00 Mi/hr

Took the gravel bikes up the paved bike path and did a couple of laps on the singletrack

Steve flew down to Florida this morning to check on some things at the condo --- there have been a lot of renters this year and mostly he wanted to make sure nothing was missing. And it appears to be in fine shape. There is one screen on an upstairs window that was damaged during a storm but otherwise nothing appears to be broken or missing.

I'm still pretty wiped out from all the bike ride planning crap, and had so spend some time today reconciling bib numbers. The club president is trying to find out how many signed up but did not pick up packet. Turns out it's only a very small number, so that's positive.

Did a short ride and then met Barb for dinner. She is moving to St. Charles, Missouri, next week --- it's a good fit for her, as it's minutes from the Katy Trail and thus gravel, and also close to St. Louis (she likes bigger cities but doesn't want to live in one). I am feeling pretty sad that she's moving, as we go back nearly 20 years to when I first started running. There have been a lot of great adventures with her and even though she's just 1 1/2 hours away now, it won't be quite the same.

abake's Training Log

September 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals