I'm doing the Zwift Women's SRAM Academy this year. Last year I signed up but dropped out. I think I can stick it out this year. There are 10 workouts, 4 group rides and 2 races. I'm done with the first 3 workouts and have 1 group ride under my belt. I think you get a cycling cap if you complete the entire series. There are other prizes too, but mostly I just like the idea of some focused bike training.

Bike
  • 57m
  • 16.68 miles
  • 17.56 Mi/hr

Weather looked a little ominous for outdoor riding, although i probably would have been ok. Planned instead to do one of the Zwift group rides, which was supposed to start at 6. Fired up the laptop at 5:30 only to have the computer go into a massive Windows update that took until almost 6:30. Ugh...Opted for Workout #3 of Zwift Academy.

We're going through a rainy spell, which always seem to coincide with the Illinois State Fair. I think school starts today for our area. Man, this summer went by fast. I've been drifting a bit as far as training goes. After Kanza I took June as an easy recovery month (as it should be), and Steve's heart attack and subsequent recovery have pushed any serious training to the back burner. I put my coaching on hold and have to say that as much as I like having someone plan out workouts for me, the extra money has been nice and I'm fairly confident that I could plot out my own training schedule for anything that will come up.

Today is lunch at Mom's, evening is possibly a bike ride if rain holds off. If it rains, there's Zwift.

Bike
  • 1h 12m
  • 21.60 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Zwift Women's Academy Workout 2
Challenging

On tap for today is some strength stuff and Workout #2 of the Zwift Academy.
Had a really bad dream last night that our garage was broken into and all our bikes were stolen.

I signed up for the North Carolina gravel grinder today. It's held in Asheville at the Biltmore Estate. So excited about this race!
Run
  • 18m 16s
  • 1.34 miles
  • 13m 37s /Mi

Walked/jogged around the neighborhood. Got out early to try and catch a glimpse of the Perseids meteors, but did not see any.

Bike #1
  • 1h 54m
  • 30.00 miles
  • 15.79 Mi/hr

Road ride with Steve and some of his friends. Kept the pace easy. Steve was feeling great

Bike #2
  • 1h 00m
  • 19.70 miles
  • 19.70 Mi/hr

I'm doing the Zwift Academy for women this year. We have to do 10 workouts, 4 group rides and 2 races. This was the first group ride. Felt like it went well.

Bike
  • 2h 28m
  • 29.80 miles
  • 12.08 Mi/hr

Drove out to Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Park, where Brenda was camping for the weekend, and did some gravel riding with her. Some of our favorite roads, formerly packed dirt, have been rocked and basically converted to regular roads and are therefore no longer epic, but still a good ride.

abake's Training Log

August 2018 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals