Strength
  • 20m

4 x 8 Smith machine squats - 5# each side
4 x 8 leg press 25# each side
4 x 8 seated leg curl, 30#
2 x 8 prone leg curl, 30#
25 crunches
15 back extension

We made it BT, it's Friday. It's been a really good week albeit a busy one. Probably will go to the gym on lunch hour if work doesn't get too crazy and do my strength work.
I've been working on 2020 racing -- right now there's just one "new" (new to me) race on the tentative list. I want to take my mom out to Maryland again to see her sister. Last time was over 5 years ago and they are both getting up there in years. Found a race in Virginia that is only about 2 hours from my aunt's house that looks like a really good one. Now to get Mom to agree to go.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Leg focused

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 10.25 miles
  • 6.83 Mi/hr

Rode laps on the mtb trails with Steve, Joe and Brenda

Our office potluck was a success --- there were 7 chilis and 2 soups along with some tasty sides and desserts. I kept it to a few small spoonfuls of each and actually felt ok the rest of the afternoon.

Supposed to do a big strength-type workout on the bike tonight. It will have to be on the trainer since it's dark so early now. We might go to the Creek for one last post-group ride dinner (if it's not raining). Now that Cuban Gravel is behind me, it feels like the season is over. Some of our friends who do the snowbird thing will be around for another week or so and then will be heading south for the winter. This year went by so fast!

Office potluck today -- the theme is soup and chili. We have so many participants this time that we had to reserve a conference room, rather than use the counter in our area. I may sneak out and get a workout in
Strength
  • 20m

4 x 8 squats
4 x 20 sec balance board
4 x 8 leg press using band
4 x 20 sec hula hoop
4 x 8 leg curl using fitness ball

Had a dentist appointment today. Walked in and started to check in but the receptionist was with a patient, so I sat down to wait my turn. The patient had some issue with billing and was being such a nasty jerk to the receptionist about it. Ugh, some people...

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 12.00 miles
  • -----

MTB with Brenda. Legs were pretty tired

Felt great all day but took a really long nap in the afternoon and was pretty groggy for a while. Made some soup for a potluck this week -- made pasta fagioli and knockoff Panera turkey chickpea chili. The house smelled so warm and inviting with the soup simmering.

abake's Training Log

October 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • Land Run 100 (Cycle)
    3/14/2020 Stillwater, Oklahoma