My cold ramped up to the next level during the night. Ugh,was hoping this would be of short duration. I guess a positive is that food all tastes the same so there's not much temptation to overeat.
Strength
  • 15m

Various strength stuff

Day 1 of Manatee Good Eating --- Goal is to keep sugar below 75 grams/day. Today is a yes

Bike
  • 3h 30m
  • 40.00 miles
  • 11.43 Mi/hr

Did an hour workout on Zwift, then jumped into a Zwift race that went up the Alp du Zwift. First time I have tried out that course (it is new). Ended up with 3900 feet of climbing. Amazing workout, even if it is virtual

The snow seems to have tapered off and our area ended up with close to a foot of snow. It's beautiful out there. There's a snow mountain in one corner of our yard (we live at the intersection of a fairly busy street and a culdesac) and kids were sledding down the hill all afternoon.
We did venture out to the grocery store in the early evening. I needed some cold medicine and a few other things, and we live a block from County Market. The store was eerily vacant. All the smaller businesses in the area shut down on Saturday. I think that was a good move, as the streets are tough to drive on.
So glad this feel on a weekend and there was not really a need to venture out. I seem to be getting cold -- had lots of vague, annoying symptoms all day Saturday. Took some Theraflu last night and slept well but man, the crazy dreams!

Bike
  • 2h 30m
  • 42.00 miles
  • 16.80 Mi/hr

Bunch of Zwifting today

Sport
  • Snow Shoveling
  • 1h 00m

Great workout!

The big snow is supposed to hit late afternoon today. I have a career guidance session at 3, hoping I can get my boss to bump it up a bit in case the weather turns ugly.
Bike
  • 50m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 21.60 Mi/hr

Kinetic Group Ride. This was HARD. Soaked with sweat at the end. Ride leader did not adhere to the stated wattage. Usually I bail on rides where this happen, decided to stick it out.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m
Legs are a little sore today, might be a yoga kind of day

abake's Training Log

January 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31