Sport
  • Yoga
  • 45m

Yoga with Adrianne - supposed to be "Yoga for Weight Loss" so I had hopes this one might be more flowy and challenging but it was not what I needed today

Thick fog rolled in from the Gulf last night and is hanging around the area until noonish. We deferred our ride plans to the afternoon.

We head for home on Sunday. As nice as it's been to enjoy the sunshine, I'm ready to head out.

Bike
  • 1h 34m
  • 25.35 miles
  • 16.18 Mi/hr

Rode with St. Pete Bike Club and then did a loop around Snell Island with Steve and Larry.

Did a ride from downtown St. Pete with the local club --- seems like there was a pretty high ratio of weirdos on this ride compared to some of the other rides.

Rest day today -- we worked on some stuff on the condo and then laid around the pool in the sun during the afternoon.
Bike
  • 3h 50m
  • 56.00 miles
  • 14.61 Mi/hr

Ride with STeve, Larry, Becky and Mike

Bike #1
  • 1h 25m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 17.65 Mi/hr

Quick little ride with the St. Pete Bicycle Club.

Bike #2
  • 2h 40m
  • 35.00 miles
  • 13.13 Mi/hr

EZ ride to Dunedin

Our friends from Sanibel Island drove up for a ride/visit today. We rode up to Dunedin via the Pinellas Trail for a late lunch, then went to dinner at a local seafood place. It was great to see them. There's only one shower in the condo, so Steve and I used the locker room showers at the condo's little gym while our friends used the condo bathroom.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 1h 00m

Madeira Beach Yoga

The day started off with sunshine and temps in the 60s -- went to the yoga class on the beach and had a very good session. There are 4 instructors, each with her own style, and this gal focuses a lot on the shoulders and hip flexors. After an hour of stretchy flow, I felt pretty good.

We drove over to Dunedin and went to the Farmers Market, looking for Plant City strawberries. This search was not successful. Then we went to Harbor Freight to buy some tools and then to Home goods for some beachy decor. This pretty much chewed up the day, although the plan is to walk up to Johns Pass to an art fair that's going on.

In Dunedin I found a super cute clay tile with a pawprint on it that will be a gift for our pet sitter --- she has done an amazing job and the cats seem to really adore her.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 20.69 miles
  • 16.55 Mi/hr

"Casual" ride with some St. Pete Bike Club people.

A couple that we know (we are friendly with but not necessarily friends, if that makes sense) are in St. Petersburg Beach for the winter. I messaged the wife, Sandy, about a casual ride with the local bike club that I was interested in. I knew that they do a lot of riding with the club, and she also runs with the local triathlon club. We showed up for the ride, not really expecting much, and got a really nice ride that pushed us a bit. There were about 12 riders and it broke into three distinct groups. We even took turns pulling a bit. The ride went out to Fort deSoto State Park and went around the island.

Afterwards was lunch at a local grill. Everyone was really friendly and easy to talk to and invited us back to ride again. It's been tough to meet people in this area. I feel like most of the people in our condo complex are much older (although probably the same age numerically) and don't "get" us.

abake's Training Log

January 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • January's totals
  • December's totals