Friday! Going to sneak in a bike ride this morning before planting my butt at the laptop.
Sport
  • Pilates
  • 33m

PiYo Sweat - definitely true to its name

Feeling a bit unmotivated today -- work is getting busy again after a couple of days' of respite and there are t-storms scattered throughout the day. I'm downright grumpy -- We will have Steve's grandkids this weekend while their parents attend a wedding and there's not a lot we can do to keep them entertained since all the regular places we like to take them are still shut down. Can we just end this lockdown already?

Bike
  • 40m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 9.00 Mi/hr

Short singletrack session on the Church trails -- felt great in the woods

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 30m

21 Day Fix - Total Body Cardio

My bike ride yesterday was on some semi-remote, rural roads near Peoria, Illinois. While crossing a bridge over a small creek, I noticed that someone had painted "The Revolution is Coming" in large white letters on the road. We are in some scary times, people.

But yeah, I was able to get a haircut yesterday! I had to sit in the car and text the hair dresser that I was there, then wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when I walked in. And sign a 2 page waiver stating I would not sue the place if I contracted Covid. Whatever. I would have signed just about anything.

Going to Mom's for lunch today and probably going into the office for a bit.

Bike
  • 3h 15m
  • 39.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Last route in the local Ride Solo series. About 2,000 feet of climbing on this one and the gravel roads were sketchy. The roads had been recently graded making for soft, sandy footing. And windy, so windy. I had hoped to get below 3 hours but oh well, it's history now

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Bike
  • 45m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr

Zwifting - legs are tired but felt good to spin a bit

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

PiYo Upper Body

Headed over to Mackinaw (IL, not the island) to finish up Route 4 of the local gravel challenge. Not feeling the greatest --- kind of stuffed up and have some stomach upset, no fever though, so probably just a summer cold --- so I might change my mind.

I'm also supposed to get a haircut this afternoon, hallelujah!

Spent the morning driving home from Iowa, then unpacking and doing laundry. Its great to be home but these riots are terrifying.

abake's Training Log

June 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • June's totals
  • May's totals