Bike
  • 50m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

Zwift - Intervals workout

Bit of a rant that may be TMI but I'd like some opinions. Had my mammogram on Tuesday at the same place I've been going for 18 years. Today I got the call to return and get a second, more thorough scan because the radiologist thought he or she "saw something".

OK this is the THIRD consecutive time this has happened. Each time it has come back fine, that it's just "dense tissue". The first time I was a basket case. The second time, kind of meh about it. This time I'm pissed. God forbid there's actually something there, but once again I'm getting MORE radiation and I'll get a whopping medical bill because this isn't considered diagnostic.

There's no history of BC in my family. None, nada. Is it my changing body? Is it the machine that is used for the initial scan? The skill of the technician? I add the last question because these "bad" scans coincided with the retirement of the tech who had been working at the same place for a long time. I've had a different technician each time for the last three years.

Anyone deal with this?

No workouts today, just ran out of time.
Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Strength
  • 30m

Nino's routine

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 11.00 miles
  • 11.00 Mi/hr

Zwift

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m
The winter storm that was predicted hit around 8 a.m. When I pulled into the parking lot at the office it was slushy rain but at least the roads were ok. By noon it was nearly whiteout conditions. I left at 4 and it took nearly an hour to drive the 8 miles home (normally a 15-20 minute commute). Looked like the plows had been out but no salt or sand. I was a nervous wreck driving in that. Fortunately everyone was being careful.

Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 7.50 Mi/hr

MTB with Steve and Brenda.

Grandkid duty was pretty good overall, there were only a few meltdowns. we took them to the Ansar Shrine circus Saturday afternoon. The girls (ages 8 and 5) loved it, especially the acrobats. Marshall (age 3) was bored and didn't really understand what was going on. Sunday morning we went to Skyzone, the trampoline place. The oldest got bored pretty quickly, as we've been there several times. So it's getting difficult to figure out activities that they can all enjoy, especially in the winter when we're stuck indoors. We might start just taking one kid at a time for overnights.

We had tiem in the afternoon for a mtb ride. It's probably the last really nice day before the cold sets in. Brenda drove out and met us and we rode the Lake Trails. There were a lot of people riding today, enjoying the warmish weather. Got home just as the sun was starting to set.

A gravel riding buddy who lives in northern Illinois is wanting to organize a gravel camp near Hannibal, MO this winter. Weather permitting, I think it sounds amazing and would be a great training opportunity.

Headed over to Hannibal this morning to watch Marshall (age 3) first indoor soccer game. It's always fun to watch the little ones. Then we're bringing all 3 grandkids home for the night. Taking them to Aunt Sue's and then to a circus, then returning them mid-day Sunday. It's supposed to be a bit warmer this weekend so I'm hopeful that I can get some outdoor activity in at some point.

Our department is hiring another Marketing Coordinator, who starts December 2nd. My boss is moving into a different office and asked if I would like to move into her old space. I practically leaped at the opportunity. It's just a cubicle but it has large windows and a view of a garden/terrace area. I've never had a window. It does get pretty cold back there but I can utilize a space heater.
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

abake's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time