Should be a relatively quiet Saturday -- it's too cold to ride outside IMHO, so it will have to be Zwift and maybe some yoga. We're going to go to a local countertop company to have a look at some quartz countertop options. Our house is in serious need of some updating so this is a first step.

Bike
  • 50m
  • 17.00 miles
  • 20.40 Mi/hr

Kinetic group ride on Zwift

Went to lunch with Steve and his buddy, Larry. Tried an Asian dish that featured tempeh. I've had plenty of tofu but this was my first try at tempeh. I was kind of meh about it, didn't care much for the texture.

Run
  • 23m
  • 1.40 miles
  • 16m 26s /Mi

Got out and walked/jogged around the neighborhood. Here and there are houses with Christmas lights up.

Kind of a slow day at work which was a nice change that afforded the chance to pack some stuff up and move it into my new office. The IT guys will move my computer and printer on Wednesday. Felt good to pitch a lot of stuff that I was hanging onto for no reason other than not knowing what to do with it.

I agreed to serve as webmaster for our local bike club's site. It's built on some proprietary platform that a company called ClubExpress administers -- the back end looks a little clunky and the site itself certainly is nothing to write home about. I checked out some other sites on ClubExpress and realized the issue isn't the platform itself, it's more that the current webmaster hasn't done much with the site. He acknowledged that he hasn't bothered to learn how to improve the site, but in his defense, he's been doing this thankless job for 9 years and is ready to turn the reins over. I guess there's some disagreement in the club on how Facebook and traditional web are supposed to work together. Probably a common issue. ANYWAY, I'm kind of excited about it.
Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 38.00 miles
  • 12.67 Mi/hr

The "Dirty Petersburg"

Met Brenda, Joe and Keith at 9 on the town square in Petersburg. We decided t go out early for the ride. Good decision, as the dirt roads were still pretty much frozen at 9. We got into a fair amount of melting ice and slop as the day progressed. Found some other riders on our way back and rode in with them.

Brenda and I rode down to the carwash afterwards and hosed the mud off the bikes, then had lunch.

abake's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Bentonia Burner Gravel Race (Cycle)
    2/22/2020 Bentonia, Mississippi