6 x 10 Smith Machine squats, 1-2 45#, 3-4 50#, 5-6 55#
6 x 10 Leg Press, 1-2 70#, 3-4 75#, 5-6 80#
6 x 10 Leg Curls, 1-2 50#, 3-4 52#, 5-6 55#

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 30.00 miles
  • -----

Zwft

The Kansas, Il ride was a bust --- the weather turned to crap during the 2 hour ride, so i opted not to ride. Steve did and said it was brutal. It took a lot out of him. I waited for him in the van and took the most amazing long nap.

In just the year since the last time we did this ride, this little town has lost its only restaurant and I noticed that the roofs on some of the buildings on the town square have collapsed. The race itself left something to be desired. The finish line is actually on a road about a mile from the start, and it was unclear to riders who podiumed what the plan was to receive awards, as the race director and crew were out at the finish line. I don't think we'll do this event again.

So today the plan is to take down our Halloween decorations, do some weights and probably a Zwift ride.

Headed out this morning for the town of Kansas, Illinois, which is about 2 hours east, over by the Indiana border, for the Illinois Kanza. It's just me and Steve going -- the cold kept everyone else home. Hoping the snow we had doesn't make for muddy conditions.
Considering we had snow on the ground and wind, we had a fair amount of trick or treaters. It looked like the a lot of parents were driving the kids in the car and letting them out at houses that had the lights on rather than walk the neighborhood. I can't say that I blame them.
Strength
  • 12m
What a work week it has been -- have been working on a proposal for an aviation project with one of our newer engineers -- he's very experienced but has a very different style and it's been quite the learning experience. He seems to be one of those people who have great ideas at the 11th hour. That sh*t drives me crazy.

So the proposal goes out this morning and nothing short of a natural disaster is getting in the way of my lunch gym workout. My tolerance for work BS is at an all-time low.

We went to dinner last night with a bunch of cycling buddies to say goodbye to two couples who are headed down to Florida for the winter. Very nice evening but past my weekday bedtime

Afternoon Update -- I did the math and I am pretty confident i can retire at the end of November 2020 instead of December. At any rate, I'm going to proceed as if that's the case

Strength
  • 30m
Work was crazy on Tuesday, so my planned lunchtime workout didn't happen.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m

abake's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time