Work was quiet yesterday and I expect that trend will carry over to today -- lots of people just took the whole week off. Our Christmas was very nice and rather low key, which is how I like it.

Bike
  • 1h 06m
  • 20.50 miles
  • -----

Merry Christmas to my BT friends
Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Rode with Steve south to Auburn and looped back through the country. Got into a bit of a traffic jam on route 4 where there was a nasty looking accident. Traffic was backed up for several miles. We crossed the road and went up the shoulder, riding the wrong way, to the next road to get away from the scene. Learned later that a young girl had rear-ended another vehicle and pushed it into the other lane. Many injuries but nothing serious, so I was glad to read that.

Working this morning and then coming home to ride outside before going to Steve's sister's for Christmas Eve dinner. It's supposed to be 56 degrees outside!

Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 18.46 Mi/hr

Zwift

I'm working today and half a day on Christmas Eve and will likely be the only person in our department tomorrow. Trying to save what PTO I do have for race-ctions this year

Bike
  • 3h 04m
  • 36.70 miles
  • 11.97 Mi/hr

Gravel bikes on country roads with Barb, Brenda and Joe. We rode through Salisbury and then to Athens with a stop at the Caseys, then back up the bike path. Beautiful December day with sunny skies.

Bike
  • -----
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Zwift

We had Eleanor, age 6, Friday night and most of Saturday. She was so good, slept all night and didn't get up once (this has been an issue with her wandering around the house). Usually we would have all three grandkids and they sleep in the same room, so this was a good thing.

In the evening we went to an Open House at Barb's new duplex --- she's just renting and isn't sure if she'll stay in the area. Very pretty place and a nice mix of cycling, running and art association people.

abake's Training Log

December 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • Land Run 100 (Cycle)
    3/14/2020 Stillwater, Oklahoma