Bike
  • 50m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr

Zwift

Kind of a quiet day at work today. I had some free time and researched condos in Steamboat Springs for our August race. The place we stayed at this year isn't available -- it's a Wyndham property and we absolutely loved it. I called and learned that the property is undergoing a massive renovation starting in April, so that it may or may not be available in August. Found another place in the same general area (ski village) that ticked the boxes (must have a/c and must have a washer dryer in the unit) and booked that. Then sent the info to Barb, Brenda and Larry in case they were interested in the same place.

Got back from our Ocala vacation around 3 in the afternoon and have been unpacking and doing laundry. We go down to Florida a couple of times a year, mostly in the Tampa area since STeve's son lives there. While I like that area, I have to say that the Ocala area is so far my part. We stayed in The Villages, which was amazing in and of itself.

We signed up for Steamboat Gravel this morning. Since Steve and I did the race in August, we had the option to sign up a day ahead of general signup, along with a nice discount code. I'm glad we took advantage, as the race sold out in minutes after it was opened to the general public.
Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 11.00 miles
  • 8.25 Mi/hr

Rented mountain bikes and went on a shop ride in Santos National Forest. Wow...amazing

Bike
  • 2h 20m
  • 33.00 miles
  • 14.14 Mi/hr

Met up with The Villages bike club on our rented Giants and had a great ride. Rode to a Russell Stover Factory and enjoyed some samples of candy.

Heard the wind howling all night long. my two boy kitties were glued to my side all night long, I guess they were scared.

We picked out our countertops yesterday at lunch -- went with Creama Fresca granite. It's pretty neutral and the pattern isn't too busy. I think it will look very nice in our kitchen. We're also using it in the master bath and getting new sinks in kitchen and bath as well. We're not sure if we'll stay in this house long term, so trying to pick things that would have mass appeal.

Today will be lunch at Mom's and then doing most of my packing tonight. We head down to St. Louis Thursday evening and fly out for Florida Friday morning.

abake's Training Log

December 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • Land Run 100 (Cycle)
    3/14/2020 Stillwater, Oklahoma